Deco

kbchel

• 3 weeks later...

Several reports around at the moment with Deco seemingly begging to come to us. Wanting to know who our new boss is and pushing Scolari to take the job. Can't see why we would want him though, too old now we need some younger blood in the midfield.

Deco has confirmed “my future lies between Chelsea and Inter” and Jose Mourinho could prove a decisive factor.

The midfielder has been one of the Nerazzurri’s prime targets ever since Mourinho took over at the club, although he had also been wanted by predecessor Roberto Mancini.

“At this moment I have only two possibilities – Chelsea or Inter,” the Barcelona man told El Mundo Deportivo.

“I have not sealed a deal with either of them, though. I have not yet decided upon my future, as I have to meet with me agent and see what is best for me.

“I certainly will not go to a club that I don’t like or that won’t allow me to win trophies, as that is my objective.”

Inter have won three consecutive Serie A titles, but that wasn’t enough to prevent Mancini’s dismissal.

Mourinho has been brought in with the express intention of aiming for the Champions League victory and he has already won that competition with Deco at Porto.

“Undoubtedly my rapport with Mourinho is excellent and that does factor into my decision, but I have to view many other elements too,” continued the Portuguese international.

“Inter are a good squad that satisfy the aspirations of any player. So do Chelsea, where many of my friends currently play.”

Deco 'to join Scolari's Chelsea'

Barcelona midfielder Deco will join his Portugal boss Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea, BBC Sport understands.

Reports in Portugal that Deco had met with Blues owner Roman Abramovich on Thursday were denied by the player in Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo.

But Mike Sewell, BBC Five Live's man with the Portugal squad, said sources were tipping him to move to Chelsea.

"They believe Deco will go with Scolari rather than join up with old boss Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan," he said.

Barca confirmed recently that Deco was free to talk to other teams. Scolari takes over at Stamford Bridge on 1 July after overseeing Portugal's Euro 2008 campaign.

The Brazil-born star joined Barcelona from Porto in 2004 after helping the Portuguese side win the Uefa Cup, Champions League and domestic league titles under Mourinho.

He won two league championships with the Catalan giants, and was part of the team that beat Arsenal in the Champions League final in Paris in 2006.

However, a series of injuries have hampered his season, and he made just 14 starts in Barcelona's La Liga campaign.

Sewell added that Deco had left the Portugal camp on Thursday after being granted 24 hours' leave by Scolari.

"He flew to Barcelona to sort out a personal matter, believed to be the finalising of his divorce," he said.

-------------------------

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...sea/7453834.stm

-------------------------

Oh dear!! Does this spell the begnning of the end for Frank Lampard??

Edited by CJ Revo

It really has no relation to Frank Lampard! None at all........

IF Deco is someone that Scolari wants to bring in then he must also think longer term to his replacement too, because we are not going to get many years out of Deco thats for sure. Of course looking within Sergio Tejera would be the ideal replacement for that position.

Incredibly frustrating -in a SWP type of way. Would only last a season or two, prone to getting sent off and injured in the Prem -would be an expensive waste in my opinion, and would only arrive as Scolaris mate.

Sort that should go to Real Madrid...

Incredibly frustrating -in a SWP type of way. Would only last a season or two, prone to getting sent off and injured in the Prem -would be an expensive waste in my opinion, and would only arrive as Scolaris mate.

Sort that should go to Real Madrid...

Not in a SWP way surely? Surely more in a Drogba way, can be a bit of a tart and can go missing at times - World Class on his day.