MOTM  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

2. 2. MOTM among the subs?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely diabolical performance. Like we did at times last season.

We looked like a collection of top class individuals rather than a team in attack and have no clue what to do. And now we even look highly suspect at the back.

Preseason or not, we just got spanked 3-0 by a side who have 1 player I've even ever heard of. Pretty embarrassing.

Like someone mentioned in the other thread, you watch United who have played under Van Gaal for a few weeks and already have a set system and style of play. Arsenal, Liverpool, and City look brilliant in attack and play one touch football, form triangles, and have great chemistry. We just stand around the box and hope something happens. Like we don't even train in the final third.

I think more people are WAY more disappointed with the lack of properly defined attacking playing style than the scoreline. The scoreline is irrelevant. We still look slow and ponderous on the ball and the season starts in 2 weeks. We could barely string two passes together. The fact we didn't even test their keeper once is simply not good enough.

Tottenham's 08-09 Pre-Season

Tottenham 8-0 Tavernes

Tottenham 4-2 CD Denia

Tottenham 1-1 Hercules

Tottenham 5-1 Norwich

Tottenham 5-1 Leyton Orient

Tottenham 2-0 Celtic

Tottenham 3-0 Borrusia Dortmund

Tottenham 5-0 Roma

28 GD with Darren Bent scoring 13 times.

What happened after it ended

rmGx2.jpg

No idea why people care about these games. I've only seen 1 half so far.

Give me back a minute of my time that i spent to find Tottenham in that table :rant:

A defeat is never good, but lets put it into context. There is still a lot need to get up to match sharpness, two of their goals were penalties and shouldn't of been for me and the other a top class header.

Yes things could be better but this isn't do or die it's examples all over the pitch and players looking to get fitter and fitter.

We move on.

I'm gonna say it again, even though I know that the fanboys will get butthurt: Eden looked very out of form. Slow and predictable. It's not the end of the world, I know, he just started training. The thing is that the start of the season is just 13 days or so away, so he should hurry up getting his fitness back on track. I have huge expectations from him.

Cesc looked like the man responsible with the build-up and Torres needs to fuck off.

Absolutely diabolical performance. Like we did at times last season.

We looked like a collection of top class individuals rather than a team in attack and have no clue what to do. And now we even look highly suspect at the back.

Preseason or not, we just got spanked 3-0 by a side who have 1 player I've even ever heard of. Pretty embarrassing.

Like someone mentioned in the other thread, you watch United who have played under Van Gaal for a few weeks and already have a set system and style of play. Arsenal, Liverpool, and City look brilliant in attack and play one touch football, form triangles, and have great chemistry. We just stand around the box and hope something happens. Like we don't even train in the final third.

I said that on the match thread. It's on Mourinho really, regardless of how blasphemous it sounds to some. It can't be all about counter-attack and defensive organisation. It remains to be seen how he will be able to turn it around with THIS Chelsea (focus on THIS). Both in terms of combining possession-based attacking football (not counter-attacking) and winning. He's never done that before in his career. And yes, his Real Madrid team that had the la liga record for goals was largely a counter-attacking side, then teams started to "park the bus" and defend deep and all the screws fell off.

With schürrle and willian back tomorrow we shouldn't have to see torres on the wings anymore.

Replacing a young striker who has proven he can score in this league with someone almost 40 is also not a sign of good business. Today showed we need to have a viable option to come off the bench in the striker position.

Matic is amazing.

Felt the team is a bit relaxed at the beginning of the game. We didn't look dangerous. We made their defenders tired only towards end of the game. Our game is quite predictable. I feel we need to be more aggressive and quicker.