Werder Bremen 3-0 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

2. 2. MOTM among the subs?

I partly agree with you that freaking out in pre season is not a good idea. But I also think that if we were still playing a backwards style I also kinda agree with the moaning. Guess we'll have to watch the next game and see. If we're poor again, then it's time to worry, but otherwise we keep up the positivity for the season ahead. I'm on the fence tbh.

I dont think I will be worrying tbh. Yes its always a pisser losing, but i heard werder were good, and after years of pre seasons, they really are meaningless, and no indication of whats to come in the new season.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree about Luis. Thought he and Matic were our two best players in the first half and was surprised to see him subbed so early.

Looked good defensively. His crossing needs sharpening, though.

IMO, Luis was worse in the previous game. This time he looked okay.

both goals in the first came from his side, that miracle save by Courtois was from an attack that also came from his side, his crosses were bad (but it seems only Ivanovic is trashed because of it - no jab on either of you, guys) and he didn't link up that well (although not bad).

I didn't like at all his last match and today I don't have much to say positively.

I definitely wouldn't pick him as one of the best players in the first half. At all.

both goals in the first came from his side, that miracle save by Courtois was from an attack that also came from his side, his crosses were bad (but it seems only Ivanovic is trashed because of it - no jab on either of you, guys) and he didn't link up that well (although not bad).

I didn't like at all his last match and today I don't have much to say positively.

I definitely wouldn't pick him as one of the best players in the first half. At all.

Ah I see what you mean. I wasn't observing him closely this game--my stream was crappy--so I thought he was better than in the previous match(he was very poor then, imo).

It's just preseason, of course, but considering that he's been training longer than the other Spanish lads, I expected his form to improve rather than worsen. There are three more preseason games. We'll see.

the overreaction in this thread is absolutely unbearable!!!! Get a grip, people!

I can't believe I'm seeing people asking more signings, others saying we shouldn't have signed Cesc, others saying Hazard is clearly out of form.

The only already in form player in the team is Torres. The sitters he missed against Vitesse and today are proof of that.

Everyone else is having ups and downs because they aren't entirely match fit yet. There are new players coming (new signings and players coming back from holidays), Mourinho is making tests (we played with Torres as a winger ffs), and while things were a hot mess today, it was just that, a test. One that didn't work out. So onwards with the next idea.

The squad will be complete as of tomorrow and hopefully all Brazilians (including Ramires *sighs*) and Shirley will get some minutes already on Friday.

Yeah, the EPL starts two weeks from now. Two weeks is as long as our top players bar Terry, Iva and Cech have been training. Also we'll face Burnley, not City. There's no reason to panic, the moaning is disproportional and it feels like some people's fingers itch to post their negative takes. It's almost like they can barely wait for a chance to put the team down.

It wasn't pretty. It wasn't supposed to be with Torres in the wing anyway. It was a test that didn't work, move on already! Some of the reactions here are so serious you'd think this was UCL knock-out stage. Yeah, the sarcasm from others may be too much (for you, not for me), but even if all those complaints make a lot of sense (most of them don't, tbh), this is a team that Mourinho is setting up now. If van Gaal already fixed Manchester United, good for them!!!!!! The only race I'm worried about is the race to the EPL title. As of now we have as many points as anyone else. God's sake, this place can damn right have its Torres moments...

About Cesc, if your refering to my comment in the match thread I don't think we shouldn't have signed him, im just not convinced the Matic Cesc in CM will turn out the way we hope. Would love to be wrong.

Ah I see what you mean. I wasn't observing him closely this game--my stream was crappy--so I thought he was better than in the previous match(he was very poor then, imo).

It's just preseason, of course, but considering that he's been training longer than the other Spanish lads, I expected his form to improve rather than worsen. There are three more preseason games. We'll see.

To be fair to Luis very few of his mistakes are technical ones. It's mostly breakdowns in communication as he hasn't really developed many on-pitch relations and understandings with the other attacking players yet. Hopefully that will change and his performances will pick up as he plays with Hazard more.

German teams are two weeks deeper into preparations as Bundesliga starts sooner than PL plus full strength first XI played versus our mixed match team.. not worried it will get better.. I have full faith in this team to win trophies this season

German teams are two weeks deeper into preparations as Bundesliga starts sooner than PL plus full strength first XI played versus our mixed match team.. not worried it will get better.. I have full faith in this team to win trophies this season

The Bundesliga actually starts on 22 August (6 days after PL start).

Bremen actually had about 5 players from their first team in the 1st half

It was a pre-season training. They were getting fit, while Mourinho was tweaking new formations.

We lost to the small teams last season bcos when they give us the ball, we pass awfully (hazard dribbles alone without any help for a one-two from teammates, ramires with a poor pass, luiz with a hopefull long pass/shot, ivanovic free to cross to no one all the time and slow movement throughout) we should take the teamplay moves as more of a priority in training this season. 90mins without any one-twos or practiced triangle possession movement is not acceptable this season. We can't only practice moves on the counter and ignore moves in possession play.

I don't even care how we beat the big teams, it's just not good if the smaller teams starto becoming confident, knowing if they park the bus, they don't lose.

I don't even care how we beat the big teams, it's just not good if the smaller teams starto becoming confident, knowing if they park the bus, they don't lose.

Agree, and we buy Costa for that reason. Not an excuse but see when Hazard fully fit, Oscar, Willian and Schurrle back first behind him. If it is still not working, then we're screwed.