Is There One Big Signing Left In Us?

I wish I'd be English to explain this better, but I'll give it a try though. Hope you'll get my point.

From what I've read, after the Lukaku move, Chelsea can spend up to €75-80m on transfers this month (August) w/o breaking the FFP rules.

But if Chelsea will do such thing, then in the next transfer windows (not now!), the club will have (is forced) to sell some loanies to free up FFP space (wages plus some other FFP related stuff).

Is important to know that the club won't have to sell now. No, not now, but in the next transfer windows (next winter and next summer). Don't ask me, I don't know why, apparently this are the rules.

That's why the club have sent Kakuta or Bertrand on loan, instead of selling them. The club will probably send Moses on loan, too, and Marin. There is no need to sell them right now because it would mean nothing in the FFP books. Next transfer windows are important in terms of getting rid of loanies, not this one.

The same thing goes for Torres too, I'm afraid. As Jose said, the deals that Chelsea have made this summer have put the club in a great position so freeing up the Torres space would not mean a big deal in the FFP books now. But it will mean a big deal next summer, when he'll free a hell of a lot of space in the FFP books (even if he goes for free!).

As I said, I don't know why in order to buy this summer you have to sell in the next transfer windows (loanies especially), but apparently this are the rules.

Wanted to write this in the Kakuta thread, for those wondering why Chelsea didn't sell him now. At least this is what I think - Chelsea needs to free up loanies space in the next windows, not in this one. Even if Kakuta will leave for free next summer, he'll free up space for that window.

And to answer Special Juan's question, yes, I think there's one more top player to arrive this summer.

Nah, nothing reliable from them, Sirigu is a top keeper, kept a clean sheet for 775 minutes, a PSG record breaker.

Monaco however, that's different, from the moment Alves failed his medical they will have had their eyes on Cech's situation.

He is a top keeper but also has only 1 yr remaining on his current deal so they have to be in the market for a top keeper as well I Wouldn't be surprised if they don't come looking for Cech

With a few technical strikers in last 11 months of their existing deals I personally think someone like Benz or Dzeko would be ideal for us to dominate in PL and Europe .. we somehow though need to get rid of Mikel/ and or Torres to pull off one of these deals.. Both those strikers have contracts expiring in 2015 why not cheeky big we have the money to pull it off

I don't think we need another midfielder, although I do think we need a striker like Remy or Benteke, with Torres as 4th choice.

Benteke would be perfect here, although how much he's prone to injuries? It seems he's injured all the time - but it could be only a wrong impression.

Benteke would be perfect here, although how much he's prone to injuries? It seems he's injured all the time - but it could be only a wrong impression.

Thats pretty much ok, but he is very far from clinical. He can link up great though.

I'd really, really like Di Maria here. He's so underrated... IMO he was Argentina's best player in the WC. Problem is we're already stacked with AMs and he would cost a fortune so I'm not sure. I wouldn't mind buying him at all, but I think our squad looks good as it is. If we get rid of Torres maybe we could use Costa/Drogba/Bamford and save some bucks. I'd even call it an improvement over Torres. Probably the best option and what makes more sense from a financial point of view. We'd have a proven and reaching his peak striker in Costa, a proven and experienced striker in DD and a young and promising one who is probably already better than Torres in Bamford.

After his achilles injury he wont be back till somwhere around october, so that rules him out for this window. Otherwise i agree though.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-cant-wait-finally-7530414?

I wouldn't mind Chicharito...but I'm not sure if he fits Jose's tactics

He seems more suited to a team that plays with 2 strikers up front...

Eh, he played as a lone striker with Mexico quite a bit. His movement off the ball is excellent and he has pace. I don't understand why people think he is just a poacher. Costa-Chicharito-Drogba isn't the worst. Doubt it happens, but still.

Hernandez is a decent shout, as is Remy in my eyes. We could do worse than spending £8.5M on a guy who has a decent PL goal record and would be willing to be a number 2 striker at a big club. Hes different to what we have to, a genuine pacey striker, hes very very quick, quicker than Costa.

I wish I'd be English to explain this better, but I'll give it a try though. Hope you'll get my point.

From what I've read, after the Lukaku move, Chelsea can spend up to €75-80m on transfers this month (August) w/o breaking the FFP rules.

But if Chelsea will do such thing, then in the next transfer windows (not now!), the club will have (is forced) to sell some loanies to free up FFP space (wages plus some other FFP related stuff).

Is important to know that the club won't have to sell now. No, not now, but in the next transfer windows (next winter and next summer). Don't ask me, I don't know why, apparently this are the rules.

That's why the club have sent Kakuta or Bertrand on loan, instead of selling them. The club will probably send Moses on loan, too, and Marin. There is no need to sell them right now because it would mean nothing in the FFP books. Next transfer windows are important in terms of getting rid of loanies, not this one.

The same thing goes for Torres too, I'm afraid. As Jose said, the deals that Chelsea have made this summer have put the club in a great position so freeing up the Torres space would not mean a big deal in the FFP books now. But it will mean a big deal next summer, when he'll free a hell of a lot of space in the FFP books (even if he goes for free!).

As I said, I don't know why in order to buy this summer you have to sell in the next transfer windows (loanies especially), but apparently this are the rules.

Wanted to write this in the Kakuta thread, for those wondering why Chelsea didn't sell him now. At least this is what I think - Chelsea needs to free up loanies space in the next windows, not in this one. Even if Kakuta will leave for free next summer, he'll free up space for that window.

And to answer Special Juan's question, yes, I think there's one more top player to arrive this summer.

That doesn't really make much sense.

For FFP it doesn't matter if or when players are sold, all they care about is the money. Should we stay inside the deficit limits set by FFP (max. €30m total loss for seasons 12/13, 13/14 and 14/15) we can have a squad as big as we want and no one will be forcing us to sell anyone if we don't want to. Also, like I just said the second FFP monitoring period is for those three seasons so FFP-wise it makes no difference if a player is sold this season or the next because it will still be during the same monitoring period. Therefore, it would be wisest to sell unwanted players as soon as possible because at the moment they're still costing the club money both in wages and amortised fees. For example Torres costs around £18,5m a year so if there was even a small chance of selling him I'm pretty sure he'd be gone because it's not very smart to keep such expensive deadwood lying around.

For 12/13 season Chelsea's FFP loss was €42m so there will have to be a total FFP profit of around €12m for the 13/14 and 14/15 seasons to comply with the rules. With the new broadcasting deal and improved sponsorship contracts kicking in for these two seasons the club will already be getting a lot more income than before and then there are the player sales of around €180m this year for which club have made an FFP profit of approximately €120m so there's absolutely no need to worry about not passing the FFP limits. A lot of money has been spent on new players as well but their prices are amortised for the years to come so FFP-wise we've done a HUGE profit this year in the market. We could easily be able to sign at least one player costing Torres-level FFP money (£55m fee and £150k a week) and it wouldn't affect our future dealings at all.

With the aforementioned income I predict the club to be posting a very large profit for years 13/14 and 14/15, which should take us free and clear for the second FFP period. Then for the 15/16 season we would even be allowed to post at least an equal loss equal to that of 12/13, which was somewhere in the region of €42m, to still pass the third monitoring period and unless we drop out of the Champions League that kind of a heavy loss is not looking so likely anymore.

There is some weird myth doing rounds that Chelsea are in trouble with the FFP but this couldn't be further away from the truth.

Hard to say what would be good at this point honestly. Torres probably not leaving and where would we find a decent young striker who is willing to play off the bench? Benteke would have been nice (who is also arguably one of the best all-around choices for CF in the world), but why would Bentekkers come to Chelsea after Costa?

seems to me Marin, Moses, and Mikel need to leave very quickly. Afterward, maybe consider someone like Yarmolenko who could be a backup striker, but who is also very capable RW with a left foot.

I'm all out of ideas for the moment. I'm certain that Jose has better ideas than most of us at this moment--which feels distinctly different from the past 5 years at Chelsea Football Club.

Maybe Ivanovic can continue as striker when Torres is the only match-fit choice. <_< Hope that Costa remains healthy.