Is There One Big Signing Left In Us?

PSG are not in the market for a keeper, Sirigu is the main man over there, no problems in that area. Monaco are the club who are looking for a keeper, they signed Victor Valdes but he failed the medical.

psg are interested in cech. or atleast thats what the tabloids say.

psg are interested in cech. or atleast thats what the tabloids say.

Nah, nothing reliable from them, Sirigu is a top keeper, kept a clean sheet for 775 minutes, a PSG record breaker.

Monaco however, that's different, from the moment Alves failed his medical they will have had their eyes on Cech's situation.

If we somehow offload Torres and possibly Mikel, then get in another 2nd choice striker, preferably HG like Rodriguez but equally could be Bony, Benteke or Hernandez this will officially be the best transfer window by any club in the PL era.

Nah, nothing reliable from them, Sirigu is a top keeper, kept a clean sheet for 775 minutes, a PSG record breaker.

Monaco however, that's different, from the moment Alves failed his medical they will have had their eyes on Cech's situation.

psg are looking at CL obviously. french ligue is as good as done. i would say, getting cech (a WC goalie would make sense). something very similar along the lines of lavezzi out, maria in.

If we somehow offload Torres and possibly Mikel, then get in another 2nd choice striker, preferably HG like Rodriguez but equally could be Bony, Benteke or Hernandez this will officially be the best transfer window by any club in the PL era.

this is what our strikers cost us last year (according to wagnh)

torres = 19mil

etoo = 7mil

ba = 6mil

lukaku = 2mil

a total of 34mil

what our strikers will cost this season

torres = 19mil

DD = 4mil (higher estimate)

costa = 16 mil

lukaku = -16.4mil. (considering his transfer fee to be 19mil from anderlecht and just 24 mil from everton) (very high estimates) (can be as high as 26mil if his clauses were not triggered out hence making his transfer fee as low as 10mil, and his transfer fee to everton being 30mil pounds).

a total of 22.6mil.

if we sell torres for even 5mil.

then

torres = 13mil

costa=16mil

DD = 4mil

lukaku =-16.4mil

ba = -0.75mil

which makes a total of 16mil(round figure).

considering we can atleast match the amount we spent of strikers last season, we have 18mil pounds in FFP terms.

we can buy another striker worth about 32mil and at wages of 185kpw.

selling torres with the lukaku deal done, makes perfect sense. if torres does not not leave, it will be cos jose and the board want him to stay, no other reason.

Fernando Torres has turned into a total dead weight for us. We can't offload him because his wages yet we can't use him trustingly because he simply isn't good enough. Costa, Lukaku and Drogba would have been a solid strike force, take Lukaku out and replace with Torres and suddenly our excellent transfer window looks almost in vain.

You never cease to amaze with the stuff you come up with.

Why on Earth would West Ham want to loan him? He's turd as well.

Thank fuck your not in charge of transfers. If Andy Carroll ever ends up in a Chelsea shirt I'll shoot myself.

I hope Jose recognizes that going into the season with Costa, Torres and Drogba as strikers isn't good enough imo. Its basically the same as last year but we have one genuine 20 goal a season striker. If Costa gets injured or doesn't adapt, then what? Throw Torres or a 36 year old in?? No fucking way man. I can see us getting another CF yet.

Just like the same turds that thought Giroud wasnt a good holdup player.

fing hs kids these days

My dream ending of the transfer window:

Out:Mikel,Torres(BOOOO!! :rant: ),Cech( :worship::( )

In:Bony/Benteke,Benatia

benatia? why?

if we really want to spend 30mil euros on a CB wont it be better to spend it on varane.

ps- dont think we need a new CB.

benatia? why?

if we really want to spend 30mil euros on a CB wont it be better to spend it on varane.

ps- dont think we need a new CB.

I have already stated in the Varane thread that I personally prefer Benatia to Varane simply because Benatia is already World Class and one of the best defenders out there while Varane has ridiculous potential but as of yet it is just potential.

Cahill-Terry is a solid partnership but a defence of Courtois-Azpi-Benatia-Terry-Luis would be the best in Europe on paper imo.

Well, that's that then, Lukaku has fucked off we now have 28M fat ones in the arse pocket plus other cash left over……Something will be rumbling under I am sure, someone out and someone in.

Hope you're right.

Di Maria, please!

Maybe another striker for cheap as back up.

But personally i am extremely happy with our window and don't expect or particularly think we need to bring anyone else in.

End the window bring on the first game. LetsGoooooo!

Marco Reus.

Just refused to sign a new contract that Dortmund offered him so they can bump up the amount of his current release clause of £27 million (which becomes active next season).

So a cheeky bid of £35 million would probably be enough.

Besides, with Ribery ageing now, I'm 100% sure Bayern will be interested come next season when they can buy him on his release clause. And Bayern are the last team Dortmund would want to sell to.