• Romeu (sub)
    • Ake (sub)
    • Baker (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Boga (sub)
    • Solanke (sub)
    • Beeney (sub)
    • Chalobah (sub)

Cesc didn't produce as much as a #10 as he did as a #8 the other day - or even in the 4-3-3 we played in the second half against Olimpija, but that doesn't mean he can't do well in the position. It's just that I think he offers something so special and damn good from the deep that it seems almost a waste to play him as #10 when we could give Oscar another try, or test Willian and Hazard there as well. Cesc isn't bad there, but he's much better as a #8 imo, as I've been saying for a while. It's only one match though and it's the right time for Mourinho to make those tests. Too bad the rest of the AMs aren't here for us to do other tests as well.

I think he'll be better at #10 against park the bus teams. With Vitesse holding such a high line yesterday, he'd have been better off with his through balls from a deeper position, as Matic showed.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't watch the game, but it seems Salah play well from what I've seen in match highlights. Costa f***ing beast, surprised a bit, actually, he is running quite fast. Lol at Torres as a winger, not bad experiment in my opinion, it could give us another option. In Fabregas we have an excellent free kick taker, finally. Courtois is back :)

Mourinho stated after the game that there maybe times when we have two strikers on the field, whether it be with someone out wide like we saw us start yesterday or with two up up top where it is needed in certain circumstances.

Mourinho stated after the game that there maybe times when we have two strikers on the field, whether it be with someone out wide like we saw us start yesterday or with two up up top where it is needed in certain circumstances.

I like it! And people said he was stubborn with his tactics.

Missed the game. Anyone know where I can find the most extensive highlights? Maybe even the entire match? Thanks!

Here you go, full match in HD

1st half

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22h272_vitesse-arnhem-v-chelsea-1st-half-hd_sport

2nd half

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22hf7i_vitesse-arnhem-v-chelsea-2nd-half-hd_sport