Olimpija Ljubijana 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

2. 2. MOTM among the subs?

What a difference a few days makes on these boards ;)

Zouma from shit to hero in a heartbeat ;)

Think the lesson from this match is 'don't judge too quickly' ;)

Impressed with Cesc and Costa - add in the other players yet to come back and we have a great squad - also MvG feels like anew signing ;) I don't think we'll be back in the market again - I think Drogba coming back is a sign Bamford might get a place next year - hope he gets a good loan this season...

Plenty to be positive about and these games are hard - which counts - who was it who said these games would be easy? I knew they wouldn't - combined with the minimal travel - looking good for the start of the season ;)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only reason we conceded was because our defenders were slacking off before conceding the first goal and the Ljubljana players were giving it their all.

Our players got their shit together and ended up winning...although I missed the second half so didn't know how well they played in the second half :(

I don't think our defenders are gonna be complacent during the Premier League and Champions League :)

Am wondering why Cahill just stood off Kapun for the goal. No pressure. No nothing.

No offence but hate it when people use such excuses for mistakes made.

But honestly, Cahill was one of the best CB's in Europe last season. I just think that incident was a result of complacency. Hope that does not happen anymore.

Zouma is obviously very happy hahahaha xD

Well, his full name is Kurt Happy Zouma so maybe his parents knew something when they were picking names. :lol:

What!? "Happy" is his true middle name?!

Yep, check Wikipedia. I noticed it a while back and thought it was funny, he must have epic parents for them to give him his first name after a Van Damme character and middle name Happy!

I haven't been able to post anything here, because it was just a crazy 2 days for me :D My first Chelsea match ever and the fact that they were playing my local club was like a dream come true, I still can't believe Mourinho, Terry, Cech, Fabregas, Costa, Torres and others were playing in the same stadium that usually entertains around 500 people (yeah it's that bad). I was located in the Chelsea's fans sector but I cheered for both teams in a true friendly match fashion. 2 groups of fans (Slovenian CFC fans and Croatian CFC fans) were chanting the whole game and I was ofcourse chanting with them ... we also sang to Jose Mourinho (multiple times) but unfortunatenly he didn't respond.

It really was a huge game for the whole country of Slovenia (even the prime minister was there) and you could feel the buzz for a whole week on social media, in newspapers and in day-to-day talks with friends and locals. Olimpija is going through a really tough time and if the president (who is loaning money to Olimpija but not writing off the debt like Abramovich) stops funding the club with his money, the club will again dissolve like it did in 2005. But before that Olimpija had a great history and were the 2nd best club in Slovenia and were very good in Yugoslavia, so it is very important to keep this club healthy and running. This match was a true testament that the people in Ljubljana still like football and can pack a full house if the opponent is of great quality and if the match produces good football.

A fellow Slovenian Igi26 said that he knows the 2nd goalkeeper for Olimpija and I can proudly say I also know someone and he is no other that the goalscorer himself - Nik Kapun :)

He is my neighbours cousin and we used to play some games together when we were around 12-13 years old, so I was really happy for him that the scored that great goal vs the mighty Chelsea.

I also noticed the talkchelsea instagram "stole" the vid from my sister :rolleyes:

This is the full video after the Zouma goal, with my little celebration in the end :blush:

The picture for proof ... I'm the one with the yellow jersey on the right :blue scalf:

dsc3349.jpg