MOTM  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

2. 2. MOTM among the subs?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zouma my motm, will become a fan fav. in no time. A young, level headed, humble BEAST who just wants to work hard and win. I hope we don't end up loaning him out because he has all the tools to succeed here, just needs to learn from the likes of JT, Iva, Cahill.

You can tell by his post match interview that his English has improved a lot and that he really wants to play for Chelsea. French speaking players like Didier, Eden and Lukaku can help him settle in.

Excellent signing Jose!! :clap:

We have the perfect squad imo. It was a great test because we played a team that were fit and really wanted to beat us. Saying that, we really coulda won 5-1 with a better set of officials and the Torres miss but it was a great test and a great first look at Costa and Cesc who were excellent. I'm happy with the job today and proper looking forward to seeing the full first team squad together.

Zouma my motm, will become a fan fav. in no time. A young, level headed, humble BEAST who just wants to work hard and win. I hope we don't end up loaning him out because he has all the tools to succeed here, just needs to learn from the likes of JT, Iva, Cahill.

You can tell by his post match interview that his English has improved a lot and that he really wants to play for Chelsea. French speaking players like Didier, Eden and Lukaku can help him settle in.

Excellent signing Jose!! :clap:

Based on the number and the play time he's been given I think it's almost impossible Jose would loan him out.

If Zouma can become more disciplined in both his positioning and aggression he can become an absolute MONSTER. He has all the tools.

Can't wait to see Cesc being able to look up and have options like Hazard, Schürrle, Oscar, and Willian in front of him in addition to Costa. Should be awesome.

More like it.

-Cesc is fucking class! No nonsense, direct football. Love the early ball over the top and the understanding that Costa already has with him. This is going to be a fun year...

-Costa is a beast! We have a footballer who can use the ball and an assassin in front of goal again. Love that he gets on the half turn and looks to get in behind the defenders.

-Zouma had an incredible game. Looked a lot more confident and composed... Still needs to work on his positioning but on another day could've had a hat trick.

-Chalobah showed some nice quality on the ball and also broke things up a bit. Be interesting to see what we do with him this year.

-Ake probably played his best game as left back both defending and going forward. If he can build on that performance he could be a decent option as a squad guy because he can already play a few positions.

-Salah had a couple plays but aside from a couple moves he was poor. Really need to see more from him, he's played an awful lot and hasn't really impressed. When the big boys come back he's gonna get buried.

-Torres didn't look too bad playing up top with Costa, he started well and linked up nicely a couple times. If he doesn't score next game he's in trouble... That was an awful miss, you'd have to really try hard for that not to go in...

Having seen the presence and impact Cesc and Costa have on the XI I'm so looking forward to the start of the season! And Didier's back too!

Massively impressed by Cesc today, his vision was immense, something we have missed.

So direct and accurate too. I can't remember the last time we had a distributor who could pick passes from range first time. The fact that I was in awe of Luiz when he hit a few speaks volumes. Proper footballer and Jose has obviously drilled him to get it forward quickly.

zouma is showing why he is considered as a very viable 3rd CB option by jose.

matic was matic.

luis and azpi were brilliant.

cesc was fabulous in mid and showed why he is going to be so effective.

costa was superb. runs, link-up play, movement. everything spot on. took his goal brilliantly. exactly what we had needed.

mvg is a tackle master. good deliveries too.

romeu has been my player of the pre-season so far. flawless in his time on the pitch.

ake was superb too.

torres is very consistent (in being shit)

Just going to echo what others have said, but the squad is looking wonderfully balanced. We have players who can perform multiple roles, there's a steel in every area of the pitch, there's vision, every player has quality on the ball and there's depth.

Not just depth, but experience, players in their prime and the most exciting crop of young talent I've ever seen at this club.

And that's without Hazard, Oscar, Courtois, Drogba etc.

Mourinho and the board have assembled not just a quality group of players (and blokes) but seem to have a very specific idea of what they want rather than the scattergun approach of a couple of years ago.

Just going to echo what others have said, but the squad is looking wonderfully balanced. We have players who can perform multiple roles, there's a steel in every area of the pitch, there's vision, every player has quality on the ball and there's depth.

Not just depth, but experience, players in their prime and the most exciting crop of young talent I've ever seen at this club.

And that's without Hazard, Oscar, Courtois, Drogba etc.

Mourinho and the board have assembled not just a quality group of players (and blokes) but seem to have a very specific idea of what they want rather than the scattergun approach of a couple of years ago.

The pieces were there but didn't have any glue. NOW we have a squad capable of winning everything! And guess what Real Madrid? We haven't spent near a half billion in the last couple years to do it!

I know this might be unpopular since people have a negative image of Torres already but I think he looked decent bar the miss today, actually he looks like he can link up well with Costa which gives us the advantage to place 2 strikers upfront