Jase

MOTM  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To each his own I guess... To me he looks big, burly and clumsy. You still need to have a level of technique to play football, his best asset is his size and right now, to me he looks erratic.

That has always been his strength. Zouma has never been, and will never be a technical defender that's comfortable on the ball. He'll improve as he settles in obviously but personally I know where his talents lie... Freak athleticism paired with big defending. Huge potential in my book, just give him time to settle in and learn from the likes of JT, Cahill and Ivanovic.

Re: MVG, pretty funny how the opinion on him has swung around after one pre season match... Before this game he wasn't ready, now 'we don't need Khedira after all'... :lol:

(Not singling you out stroey, just an example to make my point clearer).

well I never said that

Zouma is like Lukaku and M.Sakho in that it looks like they are putting in maximum effort to play what looks like a simple pass for most. It won't change for any of them no matter how much training is put in.

Re: MVG, pretty funny how the opinion on him has swung around after one pre season match... Before this game he wasn't ready, now 'we don't need Khedira after all'... :lol:

(Not singling you out stroey, just an example to make my point clearer).

NP, Van Ginkel was one of my favorites in the preseason of last year and at Vitesse. Just happy to see him being healthy again. Khedira is a more solid option, I've always wanted him to replace Rami/Mikel, not MVG. MvG would be better than Ramires in games against small teams.

Ivo as emergency STRIKER .... NO NO NO NO fucking NO .

if we ever are in such Dire Straits ... Go with JT ..

there are very few CBs capable of playing as strikers ... The greatest ever was John Charles ,, At Chelsea we were lucky to have possibly the most complete

versatile footballer in Ruud Gullit ,, Ruud could have been top class in ANY position on the pitch ,, probably even in goal .. Btw JT has 100% clean sheets for

his time in goal

That has always been his strength. Zouma has never been, and will never be a technical defender that's comfortable on the ball. He'll improve as he settles in obviously but personally I know where his talents lie... Freak athleticism paired with big defending. Huge potential in my book, just give him time to settle in and learn from the likes of JT, Cahill and Ivanovic.

Can you liken him to a defender? I'm just not overly elated about a guy who's just physically big and can't use the ball well.

Van Ginkel seems to have calmed down a bit when on the ball but some of his tackles are borderline and could be a problem in the future. A better performance today but again, poorer in the second-half.

He looks fine to me. Went to ground a bit too much but won a fair few of them and showed some bottle.

this will be an interesting year for him!

Zouma is like Lukaku and M.Sakho in that it looks like they are putting in maximum effort to play what looks like a simple pass for most. It won't change for any of them no matter how much training is put in.

YES! I'm not a fan of that at all... and especially when he's so deliberate and his pass still isn't flawless. A lot of them came off the ground and forced the receiver to take 2-3 touches instead of one.

Zouma had a solid first half but was a bit iffy in the second. Not as disappointing as Salah though, who messed up a lot of final balls and just looked very erratic.

Not concerned about Zouma one bit, but Salah does need to step it up for his own sake. He's much better than what he's shown so far. Pre season is his chance to really put up an impression because the other guys are away but he's not done well so far.

i will start juddge him after fasting days over which will end after next sunday,..scince his job depend on energy...without food or water he wont give his max potential in game