Filipe Luís

Jase

Of course, the 'hip' thing to do is to play youngsters only and never win anything like Arsenal :P

Think of the profit my man $_$. Next job, let's get them kit deals.. In the words of Dalglish,

Liverpool kit deals just as important as Premier League points, says Kenny Dalglish

"There are many ways you can judge a season and the best way is progress at the football club as a whole. I don't think it necessarily relates to trophies or points."

The problem is Jose might not survive another trophyless season, so it is reasonable he needs all the big ammunitions out there. I don't think he cares a lot who is our LB will be 5-8 years later at the moment !

Jose wants to win, can't win with 18 year olds.

Of course you can. There is no one way to win in football. The game is much more complex than that! Any certain combination of a team can win, it just comes down to opinions about which combination/age group/strategy/philosophy is more likely to win you stuff. And even then, there's still a huge amount down to sheer luck.

For example, we won the CL with the likes of Kalou, Bosingwa, Torres, Malouda...etc. So obviously you can win the CL with players of that 'caliber', but if I want to win the CL, I would not go buy those players because it is extremely unlikely that you win the CL with those even if it still could, and has happened.

Similarly, I believe that you are most likely to win with a squad of players all in the peak of their careers. There still is a possibility that a bunch of 18yo can win, but I won't go into a season with a team of U20 players because you're much more likely to win with a team core made up of experienced and established players in the best moment of their careers.

Filipe has declined Atletico offer and wants to join Chelsea

AS on Saturday report that the temptation of a move to the Premier League has finally proved too much for Filipe and he wants to leave Atletico Madrid this summer. The major stumbling block to any previous move was the Brazilian's desire to stay where he is but that, AS say, has now changed.

Filipe will be able to earn far more at Chelsea than he currently does. Atletico, aware of the wage difference, have offered Filipe a rise but he's refused this and wants Atletico to work with Chelsea to arrange a transfer.

The defender's buyout clause is €24m and Atletico will want this amount, Chelsea will oviously try to pay less. The Spanish club have one last roll of the dice and that is to get Diego Simeone to plead with Filipe to stay at the club.

Simeone himself left Atletico to move to the then riches of Inter Milan so he may find it difficult to talk to Filipe whilst keeping a straight face. Simeone then went on to Lazio before returning to Atletico toward the end of his career.

Filipe, 28, hasn't had a similar high earning career (relative to the market at the time) and was always going to find it hard to continue to turn his nose up at big salary offers.

The defender will travel to Brazil for a break on Thursday and leave the negotiations to his agent.

The problem is Jose might not survive another trophyless season, so it is reasonable he needs all the big ammunitions out there. I don't think he cares a lot who is our LB will be 5-8 years later at the moment !

Well this is bad cause he supposed to care since his planning for the future.

He wants to be here for a long time.

So a manager that wants to be here for a long time, would go for Shaw then Luis. That's the way I see it.

Especially giving that he's english and we are low on HG players.