Filipe Luís

Jase

No-brainer for me. Azpilicueta's form has been dipping for a while, since the ending of last season (a very slow, steady dip, mind!) . The novelty of playing him out of position has worn off now and he's occasionally making the mistakes that one would expect from a right footer defending the opposite flank. Whether to start him vs City is another matter though. He should have already been introduced to the XI earlier than now but maybe he wasn't yet fully fit.

The fully fit issue could be right but if it isn't, like you said, it's bizarre he hasn't started more. We aren't talking a young kid here, we are talking a top quality LB who was sensational for Atletico for a number of seasons and some of their fans actually classed him as their best player.

The fully fit issue could be right but if it isn't, like you said, it's bizarre he hasn't started more. We aren't talking a young kid here, we are talking a top quality LB who was sensational for Atletico for a number of seasons and some of their fans actually classed him as their best player.

Precisely. Mangala hasn't nailed down a spot in the starting XI for City as well. Maybe both managers are slightly apprehensive about changing personnel in their defense just at the moment. Trying to keep things steady for the first few games. I'm certain he will nail down the LB spot sooner or later. It's a matter of when I guess.

Precisely. Mangala hasn't nailed down a spot in the starting XI for City as well. Maybe both managers are slightly apprehensive about changing personnel in their defense just at the moment. Trying to keep things steady for the first few games. I'm certain he will nail down the LB spot sooner or later. It's a matter of when I guess.

I said from the start of the season if anyone was going to be dislodged from the back line it would be Ivanovic due to Luis coming in and Azpi to RB.

I still think that will happen.

I said from the start of the season if anyone was going to be dislodged from the back line it would be Ivanovic due to Luis coming in and Azpi to RB.

I still think that will happen.

Think Cahill will lose his spot first.

Don't think Ivanovic will be slotted back to the CB role just like that.

Terry and Ivanovic haven't been paired up in this season's system and Jose won't do that against City. Also I doubt if he's going to use Luis as well. Probably our usual back four of Ivan-JT-Cahill-Azpi again.

Yeah he said:

1) willian

2) eden

3) schurrle

I thought salah would be in top 3

Many fans were surprised that neither Remy or Egyptian winger Mohamed Salah were named, as both players are known for their blistering pace.

http://www.squawka.com/news/filipe-luis-names-quickest-in-chelsea-squad/180562

I like their old stuff, they've changed way too much for my liking.

To be fair every band has to keep changing in order to keep up with the times. Their change from Rattle & Hum to Achtung Baby was one of the best decisions they have ever made. I think their new album is a bit underwhelming but then again I have always considered U2 to be so much better live.

Anyways I hope to see him as a nailed-on starter. He was one of the best players vs Schalke imo.

he admitted in the video posted last page that he arrived here in terrible physical conditions and it was good for him to play twice for Brazil to help him and now 90 minutes against Schalke.

If he starts Sunday I don't see him leaving the team anymore. I also wouldn't be surprised if he started and I'm one breath away from advocating it. He's been fabulous against Schalke imo.