Filipe Luís

Jase

Jamie Redknapp claims to have watched a lot of Diego Costa last season so you assume he watched a lot of Atletico Madrid. Yet he suggests that Filipe Luis isn't good defensively highlighting how he clearly didn't watch much of Atletico Madrid :lol:.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/2/9421185/football-video-jamie-redknapp-previews-the-premier-league-title-race

:lol: I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. What the fuck is it?!

well, at least it's blue. So it can't be that bad :P

Have no idea though. I think it's sort of creepy to have those hidden around my genitals tattoos but to each their own.

That's a tattoo? I thought it was part of his swimming shorts :lol:

How long did you stare at there till you figured it out, @Barbara?! :P

I barely glanced his way. With Azpili nearly naked in the pic do you really believe I stared anywhere else?

I looked the picture over all and the blue thing popped. I can't believe nobody saw it.

The only body I was mesmerized checking out was Azpili's.... won't even deny it.

I barely glanced his way. With Azpili nearly naked in the pic do you really believe I stared anywhere else?

I looked the picture over all and the blue thing popped. I can't believe nobody saw it.

The only body I was mesmerized checking out was Azpili's.... won't even deny it.

I'm just saying, you're only one who noticed the tattoo :halo:

On a side note, Azpi? Seriously? When you have Petr right next to him?! Even I stared at his body for a minute! :blush:

I'm just saying, you're only one who noticed the tattoo :halo:

On a side note, Azpi? Seriously? When you have Petr right next to him?! Even I stared at his body for a minute! :blush:

Filipe Luis is incredibly white, so something blue just pops, I don't know how you guys can't see.

And yeah, I can only see Azpili, but I checked Cech out too, but Azpili is mesmerizing. Can't.Stop.Looking

Filipe Luis is incredibly white, so something blue just pops, I don't know how you guys can't see.

And yeah, I can only see Azpili, but I checked Cech out too, but Azpili is mesmerizing. Can't.Stop.Looking

You girls have such random standards of 'hotness'....

Unbelievable. This place can be bloody unbelievable sometimes.

If you go through match threads or even this match (don't remember where I've posted about his previous matches) you'll see I was less than impressive with his performances, which is what I was assessing at those posts.

Now question why we signed him - not if we should have or not - but if he's going to be a first team player or not? To say he hasn't proved his value to Mourinho? Why do you think he was signed in the first place? To replace Cole in the bench? I honestly believe some of you might be wondering that and I repeat. Unbelievable.

He's adapting, he's new in the squad, his finding his feet. What's surprising there? How many months took Ramires to do the same? Eden Hazard after an spectacular first weeks in England? What could he possibly have done to assure people he's here to be a bench warmer? He may not be a starter in the first matches, but that's because it takes time to adapt to a new team, situation and league. He's struggling, anyone can see that, but his value as a player continues to be the same. Spanish league champion, UCL runner-up being one of Simeone's key players. It's too damn early to say BS such as he has to prove himself. So do the other 24 players in the squad. It's pre-season, the fact he went or not to the world-cup is irrelevant. FB is the position in the pitch that needs the most understanding from the more amount of players. He needs to have a good understand with the other defenders (let's not forget he already has with Courtois and that's an advantage to the others), with the AM's to support the attack, but even with the midfielders to help transition, to hold possession, etc. Give the guy time. Is it a concept too difficult for some to grasp? And sorry if I sound like a bitch... I can't help.

You were saying?

You were saying?

so one match where we had three other guys debuting and have had only 6 training sessions with the whole team has defined his role in the team?

I still think he's going to be our main LB when the season ends. He's just not being thrown there when he hasn't fully settled yet. I said in the live match thread a day or two before the match that my only doubt was if Mourinho would play Luís or not. It doesn't mean he hasn't brought here to be a regular. He has. Just because he didn't start the first game of the season didn't change that, so your point is moot. Come talk to me mid-season about that and if I'm wrong, I'll concede.

And it seems like you skipped the last part of the post you quoted... have you read it at all?

so one match where we had three other guys debuting and have had only 6 training sessions with the whole team has defined his role in the team?

I still think he's going to be our main LB when the season ends. He's just not being thrown there when he hasn't fully settled yet. I said in the live match thread a day or two before the match that my only doubt was if Mourinho would play Luís or not. It doesn't mean he hasn't brought here to be a regular. He has. Just because he didn't start the first game of the season didn't change that, so your point is moot. Come talk to me mid-season about that and if I'm wrong, I'll concede.

And it seems like you skipped the last part of the post you quoted... have you read it at all?

All I've said was that he didn't do enough to get the start at Burnley, I fully expect him to come into the team and perhaps lock down that position. His age and fee make no difference either, we bought Zhirkov for 18m when we had Cole as the best LB in the world.

Mourinho likes competition for places, it keeps players sharp, Luis was perhaps brought to play LB for the season but he still has to win the position. Jose isn't the type of manager to give a player a job just because he's a new signing. He still has to show that he fits with the squad with his performances and as of right now his performance level has not surpassed that of Brana's or Azpi's. Do I expect that to change? Ideally yes, but its not a lock.

The last part of your post just echoed what I've already been saying.