Filipe Luís

Jase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbdTnXjXETA

His induvidual highlights, I really wish someone made one for boga..

that MvG tackle at 1:15 mark is just :wub:

I'm in process of being in love with the boy.

Luís was downright solid. I think is going to be great to have him here.

Looks very promising. I can't wait to see how Luis-Hazard develop on the left.

yep, that's one of the best things about it (in addition to him being a beast defending).

That's what I addressed in the live match and post-match threads about having someone to do smart movements around him.

The kids - and God bless them - tried, but they haven't developed that instinctual, smart movement yet (they'll hopefully get there though). so you could see Luís presenting himself to receive the ball in good positions, but the link up didn't happen because the wingers didn't do the most natural and expected movement.

With chemistry and those smart runs and movement (only thinking about Schürrle doing them and Luís catching him makes me come undone) from Hazard and André (if he has a chance to interchange in the left a few times) we'll be very dangerous in the left side - without exposing his back as he's as fierce as they get.

Crazy.

:( I know you're being sarcastic (I hope you are aha) but won't it be so nice having a great LB? One that can attack and defend, and just about everything else exceptionally.

Not to derail the topic, but Fabregas is too much of a risk - reward player imo

:( I know you're being sarcastic (I hope you are aha) but won't it be so nice having a great LB? One that can attack and defend, and just about everything else exceptionally.

Not to derail the topic, but Fabregas is too much of a risk - reward player imo

No I was just complying with your request :P

I think Cesc got the most hype simply because we get to rub it in Arsenal's face. But among the three signings, for me, Costa is no doubt the most important. Yes, Luis and Cesc will offer a lot but we just weren't as desperate for them as we were for a striker.

No I was just complying with your request :P

I think Cesc got the most hype simply because we get to rub it in Arsenal's face. But among the three signings, for me, Costa is no doubt the most important. Yes, Luis and Cesc will offer a lot but we just weren't as desperate for them as we were for a striker.

Just a few things;

1) Costa is definitely the most important signing, but for some reason he seems to have been getting the least amount of attention from the media.

2) in my opinion, a center mid was just as important as a striker, proven by the game yesterday

Just a few things;

1) Costa is definitely the most important signing, but for some reason he seems to have been getting the least amount of attention from the media.

2) in my opinion, a center mid was just as important as a striker, proven by the game yesterday

I feel that point 1) kinda contradicts with point 2) :P

I feel that point 1) kinda contradicts with point 2) :P

:P I didn't realize that lol, worded that wrong.

what i meant to say was that a center mid SHOULD be as important as the striker, because they were both necessary buys

:P I didn't realize that lol, worded that wrong.

what i meant to say was that a center mid SHOULD be as important as the striker, because they were both necessary buys

In fact, Costa's success in many ways will depend on Cesc's(and vice versa). Costa is not a striker like Suarez or Zlatan who create a lot of chances themselves. Costa needs quality supply from midfield. I think Jose bought Cesc with Costa in mind. At least on paper they compliment each other perfectly. Killer balls+runs and clinical finishing(hopefully).

In fact, Costa's success in many ways will depend on Cesc's(and vice versa). Costa is not a striker like Suarez or Zlatan who create a lot of chances themselves. Costa needs quality supply from midfield. I think Jose bought Cesc with Costa in mind. At least on paper they compliment each other perfectly. Killer balls+runs and clinical finishing(hopefully).

I know! I am excited about Fabregas, I'm excited about all three of our signings. I believe Fabregas will do well, I believe all of our signings will do well, its just that there is also a chance that Fabregas will be a flop and you can't ignore that.

However, I do agree with what you have just said.