Filipe Luís

Jase

great English indeed

:clap:

thanks for the interview

and it's nice to hear the guy from Chelsea TV and one of our players talking about Thibaut as if he was here already. I don't know what's taking so long to confirm his stay.

edit: also you have to respect the guy that acknowledges his predecessor is a legend.

Such a great character!

the thing I'm looking forward the most is how he'll work with Hazard.

In the vid there's a bit of his display against us and we see him intercepting the ball and already linking up play. Hazard missed Mata a bit, and Eto'o partially made up for that, but you'd expect your winger to link up with the FB more than with the CAM and the striker (also with Cesc in the team he'll provide some of the Mata linkups to Eden as well).

I hope it helps Eden take that big step in his development. Yes, he's had a better season in 2013/14 than the year before (which is more than we could say about Oscar for example), but it wasn't that big of a leap if you ask me. He played really well for a stretch of time and he disappeared for another stretch (prior and after the good part). We talk so much about consistency when it comes to Oscar, but we could use Hazard being more productive to the team. First, it'd be great if he started playing in high level early in the season. Second, as we discussed during the WC it'd be great if he got rid a bit of his laid back attitude. We need him on fire, wanting it more than anything else, forcing himself out there and I truly hope Luís will help him with that. It's much easier for him if there's someone constantly by his side, dragging markers, linking up, playing 2-1, feeding him quickly. I see a lot of potential in Hazard, but I also see the need for him to change a few things in his current game to reach that. Luís has quality, but also experience, and that should help Eden take those famous last steps.