Filipe Luís

Jase

I think Rodriquez would cost much, much more than what we're allegedly refusing to pay for Luis. Wolfsburg will not let go of him for cheap, considering their finances and his WC showing. I don't know why we're not looking at Moreno.

I think Rodriquez would cost much, much more than what we're allegedly refusing to pay for Luis. Wolfsburg will not let go of him for cheap, considering their finances and his WC showing. I don't know why we're not looking at Moreno.

even if rodriguez costs 25mil pounds, it is an investment for the next 8-10 years. luis costing 20mil pounds for the next 3/4 years MAX is not the ideal deal and the club is doing good in recognizing that.

even if rodriguez costs 25mil pounds, it is an investment for the next 8-10 years. luis costing 20mil pounds for the next 3/4 years MAX is not the ideal deal and the club is doing good in recognizing that.

Speaking strictly from a monetary point of view, if the club is unwilling to spend more than 12m for their first choice target, why'd they spend more than twice that for a secondary option? Us targeting Luis while Shaw was available indicates we're not bothered about the long-term vs short-term aspect of the signing. For the record, I think Rodriguez would cost more than 25m, about 30m; Shaw money.

My guess is that if we can't sign Luis we'd probably go for an unheralded, low-key name or keep Azpi as LB and get another RB.

Speaking strictly from a monetary point of view, if the club is unwilling to spend more than 12m for their first choice target, why'd they spend more than twice that for a secondary option?

i think i just explained why spending 20mil pounds on a 29 year old luis who can give a MAX of 3/4 years of WC performances it left back is a bit silly!!! while spending 25mil on rodriguez who is 21 is very viable from a monetary point of view.

Us targeting Luis while Shaw was available indicates we're not bothered about the long-term vs short-term aspect of the signing. For the record, I think Rodriguez would cost more than 25m, about 30m; Shaw money.

My guess is that if we can't sign Luis we'd probably go for an unheralded, low-key name or keep Azpi as LB and get another RB.

luke shaw was not worth 20mil let alone the rumored 34mil tag. rodriguez is a FAR better player.

its barely 7 days into the window. if we cant get luis, i expect us to look at rodriguez, moreno or sandro as the next options.

i think i just explained why spending 20mil pounds on a 29 year old luis who can give a MAX of 3/4 years of WC performances it left back is a bit silly!!! while spending 25mil on rodriguez who is 21 is very viable from a monetary point of view.

luke shaw was not worth 20mil let alone the rumored 34mil tag. rodriguez is a FAR better player.

its barely 7 days into the window. if we cant get luis, i expect us to look at rodriguez, moreno or sandro as the next options.

I was trying to rationalize the club's thought process. I personally would sign RR, for sure.

3 to 4 years is a very long time in football, for perspective Ivanovic broke into the team 5 years ago, and it feels like he's been here forever.

I was trying to rationalize the club's thought process. I personally would sign RR, for sure.

Wolfsburg signed De Bruyne and recently Jung, Im sure their plans are big for next few years. I dont think he would be available for less than 30m, otherwise some club would already bid for him.

Wolfsburg signed De Bruyne and recently Jung, Im sure their plans are big for next few years. I dont think he would be available for less than 30m, otherwise some club would already bid for him.

Yeah, I said that above. If he goes, it'll be for Shaw money.