Diego Costa

Spike

I can't stand the thought that he will likely be our main striker for the foreseeable future. He's simply not worth the drama and baggage he brings with him and we should be doing much better than him.

To be fair club is actively looking for the other striker - Dybala, Icardi and Lacazette were main targets. They will continue to keep looking I guess.

I think Diego Costa hold up play was decent against Palace, which coincides with the fact that he has to have 5 uniterrupted games to his link up play be decent enough. I think he will be good now though it only needs few missing games to break the momentum and become absolute dogshit in playing with the ball.

he's probably like 8th or 9th best striker.

i kind of prefer remy (not that he is higher in the list) , but i want someone who can shoot outside the box. shame he will never play though.

dont just make outrageous comments like this and not back it up.

lets see you name 7/8 strikers better then Costa, and explain why you think they are better.

Its ridiculous when you think Spain pretended to be the dominant NT team until, lets say, before 2014 WC, and they had to "import" a brazilian striker to led their attack in a WC in Brazil. I mean, he barely played for Spain before that WC, but was the main striker for that tournament.

Im sure Spain will discard him soon, because his perfomance has been sub bar for NT.

Top 5 Strikers in the world.

1. Suarez

2. Costa

3. Aguero

4. Lewandowski

5. Ibrahimovic

your football knowledge is simply shocking if you think Costa isn't top 5

Your football knowledge is simply shocking if you think Costa is even close of being the 2nd better striker in the world, specially when you consider him to be a better striker than Aguero. He is not even the 2nd best striker in PL, since Sanchez is better in my books.

you are probably one of the very few people on the planet who thinks saying Costa is the 2nd best striker on the planet, is ridiculously outrageous, saying something like Ivanovic is better then Cafu in his prime is ridiculously outrageous, saying that you think a world class striker is the 2nd best on the planet clearly isnt.

tell me how many strikers have had a better last 2 seasons then Costa? in fact lets see if your even capable of giving some valid reasons as to why its ridiculously outrageous to say Costa is the 2nd best striker in the world. :clown:

Definitely, NO!

dont just make outrageous comments like this and not back it up.

lets see you name 7/8 strikers better then Costa, and explain why you think they are better.

Suarez - just a freak

Aguero - proven goalscorer, all round ability

Benzema - good all round ability

Lewandowski - clinical finisher

Costa isn't better than any of the strikers I've mentioned..

Your football knowledge is simply shocking if you think Costa is even close of being the 2nd better striker in the world, specially when you consider him to be a better striker than Aguero. He is not even the 2nd best striker in PL, since Sanchez is better in my books.

the fact you think Sanchez is a striker just shows how shocking your football knowlege is. :clown:

Suarez - just a freak

Aguero - proven goalscorer, all round ability

Benzema - good all round ability

Lewandowski - clinical finisher

Costa isn't better than any of the strikers I've mentioned..

so you can only name four. I have Costa above all of them other then Suarez.

Aguero - proven goalscorer - so is Costa, All round ability - Costa is a more complete striker.

Benzema - good all round ability - yes so has Costa got good all round ability, difference is Costa is a better finisher and leads the line better

Lewandowski - clinical finisher? - lets see who is more clinical

last season

Costa - 20 goals in 26 games

Lewandowski - 17 goals in 31 games in a weaker league

Costa scored his 20 goals from 76 shots with 64% shot accuracy

Lewandowski scored his 17 goals from 105 shots with 53% shot accuracy in a weaker league

So if Lewandowski is clinical what is Costa?

as i asked before and no one could answer, how many strikers can you name who has had a better last 2 seasons then Costa?

Aguero - proven goalscorer - so is Costa, All round ability - Costa is a more complete striker.

Benzema - good all round ability - yes so has Costa got good all round ability, difference is Costa is a better finisher and leads the line better

You're on a wind up here but pretends to be objective, isn't that trolling ? I've reported this.

By the way, if you're dead serious (don't think) then you can't simply dismiss the biggest strenghts of Aguero and Benzema and advantage they have over DC to say "but Costa is good all rounder as well". They're on diffrent planet in technical abilities. And DC isn't even better in the air despite being the biggest of them !

You're on a wind up here but pretends to be objective, isn't that trolling ? I've reported this.

By the way, if you're dead serious (don't think) then you can't simply dismiss the biggest strenghts of Aguero and Benzema and advantage they have over DC to say "but Costa is good all rounder as well". They're on diffrent planet in technical abilities. And DC isn't even better in the air despite being the biggest of them !

Not sure why you have reported this, it's his opinion.

I have decided it is better just to ignore all Paqs comments ,,

He is being found out for how limited he is, he is INCREDIBLY POOR TECHNICALLY and this is not even false. Can't even fucking dribble past any of their defender and if he cannot do this against Everton defenders what can he do when we play against the likes of PSG and other teams with actual super star defenders?

Honestly think a combination of hamstring injury and his poor attributes being exposed means he is being found out badly. Honestly think he is heading down the Torres path at this rate, a player on top of the world with a couple of fantastic seasons but then ruined by injuries. We need to sign a top striker to compete/replace him next summer even if he scores 15 goals this season.

Lewandowski - clinical finisher? - lets see who is more clinical

last season

Costa - 20 goals in 26 games

Lewandowski - 17 goals in 31 games in a weaker league

Costa scored his 20 goals from 76 shots with 64% shot accuracy

Lewandowski scored his 17 goals from 105 shots with 53% shot accuracy in a weaker league

So if Lewandowski is clinical what is Costa?

as i asked before and no one could answer, how many strikers can you name who has had a better last 2 seasons then Costa?

Last season: Kane 30 goals, 2012/13 season: Michu 20 goals, a couple of seasons ago: Soldado 30 goals, Negredo with over 20 goals a couple of seasons with Sevilla. Plenty of other players who got a couple of decent seasons or 2 before being shown up.

But carry on, 2nd best striker in the world though :)

Last season: Kane 30 goals, 2012/13 season: Michu 20 goals, a couple of seasons ago: Soldado 30 goals, Negredo with over 20 goals a couple of seasons with Sevilla. Plenty of other players who got a couple of decent seasons or 2 before being shown up.

But carry on, 2nd best striker in the world though :)

Don't agree with Pac on his Costa ratings but Soldado, Negredo, Kane - none of them fired their teams to titles like Costa did. Poor examples tbh.

Don't agree with Pac on his Costa ratings but Soldado, Negredo, Kane - none of them fired their teams to titles like Costa did. Poor examples tbh.

Because they didn't play for a top club that can sustain a challenge for the title? I mean if you put Kane into our team last season maybe we would have won the league and he could have scored more than Costa. Costa at Atletico he didn't singlehandedly fight them to title either, it was down to Simeones and the whole team. IF you go by that logic then Negredo is better than Costa as didn't he also scored around 20 goals in the season City won the league?

Point is Costa has only been doing it since 2013/14, before that he was a good striker at best and people like that Pac dude are going around talking as if he has been doing this for a long time to be considered 2nd best striker in the world.