Diego Costa

Spike

Nearly choked on these noodles I'm eating when I read that lmao.

He'd be lucky to make Top 5.

Top 5 Strikers in the world.

1. Suarez

2. Costa

3. Lewandowski

4. Aguero

5. Ibrahimovic

your football knowledge is simply shocking if you think Costa isn't top 5

I can't stand the thought that he will likely be our main striker for the foreseeable future. He's simply not worth the drama and baggage he brings with him and we should be doing much better than him.

what have I just read? surely this isn't serious.

Nearly choked on these noodles I'm eating when I read that lmao.

He'd be lucky to make Top 5. A striker that cannot adapt to Spain's system (keep in mind Torres who's way past his prime is their top scorer in their last 3 tournaments) is the 2nd best in the World lol.

so you are saying Costa can't adapt to Spain, when he hasn't even played 10 games for them yet, and in most games Costa has done well even though they don't play to his strength's.

in Major tournaments Spain tend to be a bit more direct in the final third and play those through balls earlier, which is what benefitted Torres. I will ignore the 2014 WC though as Spain as a team were just a mess.

Euro 2016 I expect Costa to shine and challenge for the Golden boot. As for him not being top 5 and your only argument to back that up is saying he can't be top 5 because he hasn't adapted to Spain really shows how weak your argument is.

He is the 2nd best striker on the planet behind Suarez and what drama and baggage? he never gets red cards, other then the 'stamp' which I dont think was even deliberate I don't see the problem.

The guy is a world class striker, and I am so happy he plays for us.

2nd best striker in the world ?? sorry cant agree with this.

Aguero, Suarez, Ibra, Lewa, Benzema are all better IMO..

That's not to say I dont rate him, I like him a lot and I'm happy that he's playing for us.

2nd best striker in the world ?? sorry cant agree with this.

Aguero, Suarez, Ibra, Lewa, Benzema are all better IMO..

That's not to say I dont rate him, I like him a lot and I'm happy that he's playing for us.

that's your opinion, for me I cant see how anyone can even make a decent argument for Benzema, Lewandowski and Ibra being better

Costa's last 2 seasons have been simply stunning. 36 goals for Atletico in 2013/14 while guiding them to the La Liga title against the big 2 and if he was fully fit for the CL final, then I think Atletico would have definitely won that also. Then last season he comes to a new league in a new country where he can't even speak English and settles straight away, scoring goals for fun on the way to the PL title, had he not had the injury problems he probably would have won the Golden boot also.

Lewandowski is the best with his back to goal and his link up play is excellent but he isn't clinical enough and plays in a weak league, Ibra is old now and really has never shone in the CL, and also plays in a weak league, Benzema also isn't a clinical finisher, and doesn't lead the line very well, Aguero has never had a season as good as Costa's in 13/14, and Costa is a more complete striker then Aguero, both are good finishers, but Man City always try to get Aguero to be the one finishing off their attacks, there style really benefits Aguero, we are not as reliant on Costa, who I feel has more to his game and leads the line a lot better.

that's your opinion, for me I cant see how anyone can even make a decent argument for Benzema, Lewandowski and Ibra being better

Costa's last 2 seasons have been simply stunning. 36 goals for Atletico in 2013/14 while guiding them to the La Liga title against the big 2 and if he was fully fit for the CL final, then I think Atletico would have definitely won that also. Then last season he comes to a new league in a new country where he can't even speak English and settles straight away, scoring goals for fun on the way to the PL title, had he not had the injury problems he probably would have won the Golden boot also.

Lewandowski is the best with his back to goal and his link up play is excellent but he isn't clinical enough and plays in a weak league, Ibra is old now and really has never shone in the CL, and also plays in a weak league, Benzema also isn't a clinical finisher, and doesn't lead the line very well, Aguero has never had a season as good as Costa's in 13/14, and Costa is a more complete striker then Aguero, both are good finishers, but Man City always try to get Aguero to be the one finishing off their attacks, there style really benefits Aguero, we are not as reliant on Costa, who I feel has more to his game and leads the line a lot better.

Valid points mate.

So you can't back up the stupid comment you made, what else is new.

That gif is the only appropriate response to your ridiculously outrageous post. In fact I'm surprised at how many posters took that post of yours seriously. Costs is the "second best striker in the world" what's next, Oscar is the best attacking midfielder on the planet and beyond.

That gif is the only appropriate response to your ridiculously outrageous post. In fact I'm surprised at how many posters took that post of yours seriously. Costs is the "second best striker in the world" what's next, Oscar is the best attacking midfielder on the planet and beyond.

That's a bit harsh...

I think Costa is probably Top 10 - but if someone else thinks he's Top 2, then what's the problem?

It's like comparing dog shit to cow shit - at the end of the day they're both shit and there's no prizes here!

A striker is only as good as his last game in the modern world and by those standards Diego's having a bit of a mare, but it's a long season and once we start playing well he will start scoring. Yes his antics are frustrating, but we knew that when he came and can't complain too much now. It's like buying a Ferrari and complaining it only does 10mpg...

Costa is one of the best strikers in today's game, but he has to stop being such a dick.
In his first ~20 games for Chelsea he concentrated on playing football, nowadays he is more interested in playing the psychological game.
It's way too easy to provoke him and get under his skin.
After that his main objective isn't to score anymore but rather to start a street fight with the opponents.
David Luiz, Skrtel, Shawcross and so on aren't the friendliest guys but the smart people don't get diverted from getting the job done and scoring goals for fun.

The times of Vinnie Jones or Roy Keane are gone; these days everything is put under the microscope,
all over the place are cameras monitoring the game closely. If you make an inappropriate posting in the social media you will get problems and maybe withdrawn from currency, ask Mario Balotelli.

You need to behave yourself on and off the pitch!
Luckily Diego Costa has only problems on the pitch.

Jose Mourinho is one of the smartest guys out there, therefore i hope that he talks to Diego Costa and brings him back on track.
Otherwise i am having a hunch that some day Costa will do something very stupid and hurt and influence the game by getting sent off.

I still remember the second leg against PSG, he didn't behave cleverly and he could have been sent off.

Overall i am in love with the Guv'nor.

I can't get the picture out of my head; Costa and his brother sitting with the fans, great guy and he isn't going anywhere!
But it would be nice if he could decrease his thug behavior a little bit, it's too much...

I am looking forward to seeing him play against Everton.

you are probably one of the very few people on the planet who thinks saying Costa is the 2nd best striker on the planet, is ridiculously outrageous, saying something like Ivanovic is better then Cafu in his prime is ridiculously outrageous, saying that you think a world class striker is the 2nd best on the planet clearly isnt.

tell me how many strikers have had a better last 2 seasons then Costa? in fact lets see if your even capable of giving some valid reasons as to why its ridiculously outrageous to say Costa is the 2nd best striker in the world. :clown:

you are probably one of the very few people on the planet who thinks saying Costa is the 2nd best striker on the planet, is ridiculously outrageous, saying something like Ivanovic is better then Cafu in his prime is ridiculously outrageous, saying that you think a world class striker is the 2nd best on the planet clearly isnt.

tell me how many strikers have had a better last 2 seasons then Costa? in fact lets see if your even capable of giving some valid reasons as to why its ridiculously outrageous to say Costa is the 2nd best striker in the world. :clown:

he hasnt been the second best striker at Chelsea since Xmas Edited by The Skipper

he hasnt been the second best striker at Chelsea since Xmas

Since Xmas he has 10 goals and 4 assists in 20 games including his goal in the league cup final. In a team that has been in poor form since Xmas, Yes clearly the form of a player who isnt even one of the top 2 strikers at Chelsea. :lol:

Edited by The Skipper

How will you evaluate the performances of the strikers when they all have different roles to participate in?

There is a group of players where the differences aren't that huge; the abilities differentiate them from one another a little bit

and the form on their day.

Suarez, Aguero, Costa, Lewandowski, Benzema and so on...

For me it's a rather impossible job to put on a number to every player.

Yes, maybe Luis Suarez should be the No.1 because of his performances in the last two years, but after him, tricky and in my point of view very subjective!

I can't stand the thought that he will likely be our main striker for the foreseeable future. He's simply not worth the drama and baggage he brings with him and we should be doing much better than him.

Wasn't that not to dissimilar to what use to be said about Drogba? Only difference being the play acting instead of the confrontations.

Many thought we would need to upgrade on Didier back in the day, it took 38 goals in a season for the masses to be won round.