Diego Costa

Spike

ATLÉTICO MET WITH THE FORWARD Ibiza date with Diego Costa

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/08/25/en/football/spanish_football/1440492517.html

Oh not this shit again.

He seems to love that club so I wouldnt look too much into it. He is just friendly with them.

He seems to love that club so I wouldnt look too much into it. He is just friendly with them.

http://www.squawka.com/news/diego-costa-states-that-he-would-be-happy-to-return-to-atletico-madrid/448036

I suppose its how rumors and bad feelings start.

Probably some truth in it I think, doesn't seem to be at his happiest atm and off form could be related to this. Still if we get our money back I wouldn't care since I think he is a liability anyway, whether with his behavior or injury problem which will surface again soon. As long as we replace him adequately he can go.

Honestly I don't see him ever leading the line here for a long time anyway, maybe he probably won't leave this summer but next summer can totally see him leave and we will bring in a top class replacement.

Maybe liablity was too strong of a word but he carries as much baggage as he does with goals. Can you guys honestly see him doing a Drogba and stay here for the next 10 years? atm his antic is overlooked by him scoring goals, which seem to be a problem from preseason up to the game against West Brom last weekend, his style means I doubt he can keep it up consistently for the next few years, maybe he got a couple more years max at the peak but then after that it will go down.

Then there is that never ending hamstring issue, until he proves that he can plays consistently 50 games for a whole season without picking up an injury he won't cut it as our main striker in the long term. His form is not just a water tap either, you can't just switch on and off straight away after injury, even Messi couldn't during his injury plagued campaign of 2013-14. His recent off form might have been contributed by his injury and failure to find full match fitness. There is a reason why his form also dropped off massively from December onward last year when that hamstring started to become a bit more serious as well.

I would be pleasantly surprised if by the end of next summer we still have Costa as our no1 striker, of course Falcao won't be here then and Remy might not as well if he doesn't get to play much this season(he is also not good enough to lead the line here anyway). I would take a close interest look at other top strikers or young strikers like Lacazette and Icardi's form this season as they could potentially be our new signing next summer.

Probably some truth in it I think, doesn't seem to be at his happiest atm and off form could be related to this. Still if we get our money back I wouldn't care since I think he is a liability anyway, whether with his behavior or injury problem which will surface again soon. As long as we replace him adequately he can go.

Honestly I don't see him ever leading the line here for a long time anyway, maybe he probably won't leave this summer but next summer can totally see him leave and we will bring in a top class replacement.

Just like there was truth to the BS story of him not being happy here.

His actual words was he didn't like the weather or the food as much as Spain.

Just like there was truth to the BS story of him not being happy here.

His actual words was he didn't like the weather or the food as much as Spain.

I don't know his body language doesn't seem completely right atm. At the start of last season he was on fire and everyone could see how happy he was, now he looks like he is a bit frustated with everything. I doubt he is 'unhappy' here but I also doubt he is completely happy and willing to stay for a long time.

Why would he be unhappy though?

Probably not football related stuff. Food, weather, culture, language, injury, lonely(I heard he broke up with his gf when he moved but don't know how true), not a lot of close friends here and maybe even homesick.

Probably not football related stuff. Food, weather, culture, language, injury, lonely(I heard he broke up with his gf when he moved but don't know how true), not a lot of close friends here and maybe even homesick.

Tibo is here. He has players from the NT and other Brazilians. Maybe he just can't get acclimated to English culture