Diego Costa

Spike

I'm glad he seeked out Yacob before he went off to have a handshake. Yeah it's all good to see Diego fired up and ready to fight for the cause, but there's a line that he needs to keep in a mind and I think he did that really well today. I'm sure Mourinho deserves some credit there but also Terry, you could see JT telling Costa to cool off when Yacob and he were summoned by the referee.

Yea, rile up the opposition a bit, but remember to play. Don't complain and get on with it and i think he found that middle ground today. Minues the headbutt, he was composed. Good game from him.

Really should have put that chance away before he was subbed off. Did brilliantly to shake off those defenders there.

Some positives/negatives, but having a striker that scores matters more than anything. Hope he builds off this.

I'm glad he seeked out Yacob before he went off to have a handshake. Yeah it's all good to see Diego fired up and ready to fight for the cause, but there's a line that he needs to keep in a mind and I think he did that really well today. I'm sure Mourinho deserves some credit there but also Terry, you could see JT telling Costa to cool off when Yacob and he were summoned by the referee.

When he did that I remembered Carragher saying something about how Drogba was a real handful on the pitch but the moment he went off he wanted to be your best friend. Diego seems similar.

When he did that I remembered Carragher saying something about how Drogba was a real handful on the pitch but the moment he went off he wanted to be your best friend. Diego seems similar.

And the biggest shame is that our beloved media will never pick up on that and that distorts the fan's and referee's perception of a player. I'm sure he doesn't care either to be honest, but it's a shame he's labelled with this tag when he's nothing like that.

Im so so sorry I wasn't there yesterday. To watch Costa run the whole length of the pitch and score this with an assust from Pedro might have neen worth the whole day.

http://www.thickaccent.com/2015/08/24/chelseas-diego-costa-sprinted-the-length-of-the-pitch-to-score-his-goal-v-west-brom-video/

Oh the way he slid in and smashed it home....what a thing of beauty.

Dunno about you but this last week has altered my whole feeling about this season.

IF this next week is good to us Im booking my flight to Milan. The only time Ive been there was to watch Springsteen!