Diego Costa

Spike

No one ever said he was on par with Aguero or Suarez.

He is who he is - a pssionate, powerful striker with good finishing. Never as talented as the formers.

He was brilliant for us last season and I want to believe he'll prove worthy this season aswell.

I have always maintained that this guy is a terrible footballer (good finisher but terrible with the ball at his feet) Even back when he was banging in the goals last season, I remained unconvinced about his overall game and was lambasted for it. and now that the goals have dried up what we are left with is all the negatives without any redeeming features. Other top teams in Europe all have main strikers who are capable footballers who you can have total confidence in whenever they are on the ball i,e players like aguero, Suarez, benzema, tevez, Rooney and so on. I know I can't be the only one that usually expects him to lose the ball when in possession and 8 out of 10 times, that's what usually happens.

He may not be the most pleasing on the eye footballer but he is top at mostother things, his decision making and movement is top class.

Remy is better than Costa.

Remys a good back up option but his movement and decision making is too erratic to be #1, Costa isn't the most fashionable footballer to ever live, but he's a bloody good striker, honestly putting everything into perspective I will only swap Diego for two strikers and that's Suarez and Aguero.

Was not that bad even though clearly lacking sharpness. The way he assisted hazards glorious chance was brilliant movement. Also he got 3 city players booked which under a competent referee might have led to a sending off.

Exactly Remy or Falcao instead and that Hazard chance wouldn't have existed.

People fail to see the bigger picture with Costa.

Was not that bad even though clearly lacking sharpness. The way he assisted hazards glorious chance was brilliant movement. Also he got 3 city players booked which under a competent referee might have led to a sending off.

So one of his praised trait is now not scoring goals but having the ability to wind others up and getting them send off :D

Two games without a goal and your talking like hes Torres, wow

It is not just 2 games though but ever since his injury last season he was never the same again, in fact if I am honest the last time I remember him playing well probably dates all the way back to December last year when he just scored his 12th goal or something like that. His fitness, sharpness isn't here and mixing it with his temper, annoying behavior means we now have a striker that is bringing more harm than good to the team. Before he had goals to back him up and justify his actions partly, but now without it he is exposed more than ever.