Diego Costa

Spike

I'm getting tired too of his over the top aggressiveness (he just needs to contain it a bit) but he at least showed some spirit tonight. I prefer to have problems like this than the toothless, laid back approach shown by his team mates tonight.

Costa is a liability right now. His biggest asset is scoring and if he can't score, he adds nothing. In fact he can be detrimental to the team. There were countless times today when he ended a promising counter attack by mis placing a simple pass. He can never win a 1v1 Ariel duet. He cannot protect the ball in possession. These are all serious issues due to Mou's tactic. When you are parking the bus and then hoofing it, it does require strong hold up play from your striker

Could have and should have won the penalty in the first half. That dribble in the box deserved one.

I refuse to blame this one on Costa, or any single player. Failing to outperform ten men has to go down as a bad team performance and nothing more.

It's fair to say that we love this guy only because he plays for Chelsea. He is not different than Suarez was... What he is doing game by game is a disgrace to our club. I am tired of always worrying that he can get a red. I said earlier in the season that he can control himself but I must say I was wrong.

It's fair to say that we love this guy only because he plays for Chelsea. He is not different than Suarez was... What he is doing game by game is a disgrace to our club. I am tired of always worrying that he can get a red. I said earlier in the season that he can control himself but I must say I was wrong.

Diego Costa has not been sent off for 6 years. He is much more clever in his aggressiveness than people give him credit for. When he pushed marquinhos to the ground he did so knowing the ref had already turned his back.

I worry much more about his goals record than his aggression. He always seems to be out of control, but he seldom commits violent conduct or dangerous fouls. Those actions just get more attention when committed by him because he is a dirty thug, but being a thug is not against the rules.

Diego Costa has not been sent off for 6 years. He is much more clever in his aggressiveness than people give him credit for. When he pushed marquinhos to the ground he did so knowing the ref had already turned his back.

I worry much more about his goals record than his aggression. He always seems to be out of control, but he seldom commits violent conduct or dangerous fouls. Those actions just get more attention when committed by him because he is a dirty thug, but being a thug is not against the rules.

That's the problem. It's interesting to know what he concentrates more on. Scoring goals or being the biggest thug on the pitch.

I think he needs a spell away either on holiday or on the bench, Remy to come in, he deserves a chance

I can't help but think Diego would be better in a 2 striker system, though..

He was literally the only man in our team working and pressing on the pitch, though, and that I admire.

He was so shit yesterday. But I think people already picked that up. He is always below par here when he faces quality defender who can match him physically and at pace. Then you can't even say that he creates space for others. He does nothing. That lost ball before PSG corner and then equalizer, it all went through his lack of technique, you can't defend that.

However I think part of his shitness is made of our style of play. We play at slow pace, counter attacking is only on paper. Our "style of play" (what's that even ?) demands a world-class individuals and the only one we have now is Hazard.

We need another quality forward with sublime technique who would be treated here on par with Diego.

Oh, and Diego scored 10 goals in his last 32 appearances but of course he will continue while one Belgian international had 395 minutes in his whole career here and supposedly didn't train hard enough.

So much for being a big game player as some tried to portray him. It's scary to think this guy will probably be our first choice striker for many years to come as Jose loves him and he's a marque signing. His temper, abysmal technique and inconsistency doesn't bode well for the club and Jose's reluctance to ever bench him or substitute him when he's playing badly cost us big time last night. He should have been sent off too but got away with it. Some call his antics passion, I call it being a dickhead and a cunt.

Simeone is probably laughing at us. Frustrating to see him as the only one pressing. We don't have enough creative outlets, he has poor decision making, but he isn't our biggest problem. We didn't create enough chances, he isn't going to make his own chances.

José's mindgames clearly got the better of him yesterday....

Such a shame. I expect a lot more from a professional!

Needs to focus on the 1 thing that is really important: qualification.

Putted up a one man show of pushing, face to face discussions and bad fouls! Other than that he clearly was looking for HIS 1st CL goal => very bad decision when Cesc was all by himself on that one counter attack!

He really let me down. Needs to step up his game again in competition!!! We need to EPL title now and we need a Diego Costa on top of his game for that!!!

Anyone think he is not really that good? Yeah by that good I mean top 5 strikers in the world...etc. I mean sure he is a good player, have strong will to win and sometime I think he is trying to be a cunt on purpose. It gets to a point where you need to cut down the act, I mean the will to win is great but is it really necessary to go have a fight almost every single match?

So now that is Zabaleta, David Luiz, Coleman, Can, Skrtel, Howard, Cabaye...etc and many others that he has been involved in a small fight. Are they all cunt that deserve to get shit from him? Sure some of them are, but some like Cabaye...etc are really nice yet he decides to start a fight with them for no reason.

Also as good as his goal scoring record is for us and Atletico for the last 2 seasons, he has shown for 2 consecutive years of being slow down greatly in the 2nd half of the season compared to the 1st. If next year he drops off again I will have to start putting him in the same bracket as Fabregas in this aspect. Another thing is he is not capable of a 'magic moment', he doesn't bang them in from 30 yards out, he doesn't dribble past 5 players and score(he is capable of doing this but doesn't yet officially for us). He isn't like Aguero who always has his head down and aim to score, this guy sometime want to fight more than scoring.

I really cannot see him ever becoming a big legend for us, certainly not as respected as the likes of Drogba even if he scores 20 goals for the next 5 years. Drogba has his fault but sometime he knows the limit as well, this guy thinks it is almost funny to try and get past that limit all the time. I hope we sign a young striker like Lacazette soon when Drogba retires to challenge this guy, maybe then we will see if he is truly willing to win and fight for his place like he did in 12-13 under Simeone and having to compete with Falcao.

Most frustrating thing is: Costa => 0 goals in europe, 0 assists

Ex-Blues in europe:

Lukaku: 7 goals, 2 assists

De Bruyne: 5 goals, 4 assists

Ba: 5 goals, 2 assists

Marin: 2 goals, 0 assists

David Luiz: 2 goals, 0 assists

Schurrle: 1 goal, 0 assists

Awful stats to look at!!!!!!

Most frustrating thing is: Costa => 0 goals in europe, 0 assists

Ex-Blues in europe:

Lukaku: 7 goals, 2 assists

De Bruyne: 5 goals, 4 assists

Ba: 5 goals, 2 assists

Marin: 2 goals, 0 assists

David Luiz: 2 goals, 0 assists

Schurrle: 1 goal, 0 assists

Awful stats to look at!!!!!!

VERY thought provoking...

My God, the fickleness here. We Hate Scouse( Dunno, how to add), I don't know to cry or be disappointed. Shameful. People that haven't seen what a pitch looks like try to convince that one of the best strikers isn't good. Really?