Diego Costa

Spike

The first time the midfield kept the ball and fed him the ball in a good position he did what he does.

Like I said, I'm not worried about Costa. If he was missing chances galore then I would be but in some games he barely gets a sniff because he has nothing to work with.

Would you agree he drifts out wide too much? Too much meaning more than he should. He lacks the ability to really provide when he receives the ball in such positions

I think Costa will always cause some murmurs, some real complaints even. He's the type of striker that's very depedent on (the right) service. But he will deliver when he receives it.

Was he doing that at Atletico? Maybe it's a tactical instruction as opposed to something he actively wants to do.

Costa isn't going to cut in from the left and spank one into the top corner from 25 yards but he isn't as bad on the ball as people make out in my honest opinion.

I think so. I have seen him doing it for them. He played with a partner at Atletico, which meant at least one player was always in a central position.

He's definitely not useless in wide positions, but I just feel he gets himself into trouble a lot of times. And no one moves into his position or moves into the box when he's not there.

I think so. I have seen him doing it for them. He played with a partner at Atletico, which meant at least one player was always in a central position.

He's definitely not useless in wide positions, but I just feel he gets himself into trouble a lot of times. And no one moves into his position or moves into the box when he's not there.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think Cuadrado has made some very good runs from out to in when he has played which could help with that - he made another good one today but the ball to him by Hazard was underhit.

Every time I watch Costa, I have the worrying feeling that he'll get sent off because of his aggressive nature. But on the other hand, gotta love how he riles up every opposing player in every game. :lol: They just can't take it.

he rarely crosses limits though. does just enough to rile up opponents

Gutted for Costa .

Never understood why they give those as OGs - the defender doesn't want it, the striker just wants the goal and as Costa said himself "of course it's mine, if I didn't shoot then it wouldn't have gone in"