test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

8,977 posts in this topic

Good. Give Michy a chance. Or Pedro as striker.

At least someone who isn't making it clear that he wants to leave. Michy gets 0 minutes from Conte yet he doesn't make it clear in every interview that he wants to leave Chelsea. Done with this fucking Brazpaniard. 

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Hes not said hes unhappy tho. Entirely opposite

"I am very happy at Chelsea but anything can happen in football. If I need to make a change, France is a country where I have never played. So why not?"

Sounds like something a Belgian would say. Being completely honest in an answer and getting it blown up.

Should he say something else to keep people happy? Probably, but he's not saying he wants to leave. 

Just now, kmk108 said:

Sounds like something a Belgian would say. Being completely honest in an answer and getting it blown up.

Should he say something else to keep people happy? Probably, but he's not saying he wants to leave. 

He should keep his mouth shut until the end of the season. 

the wes likes this

5 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Good. Give Michy a chance. Or Pedro as striker.

At least someone who isn't making it clear that he wants to leave. Michy gets 0 minutes from Conte yet he doesn't make it clear in every interview that he wants to leave Chelsea. Done with this fucking Brazpaniard. 

The past few weeks, I've been thinking about Pedro as a false 9. He's more direct than Hazard is and looks more likely to pull up and take the shot if given the space.

Michy has obviously not impressed Conte enough to have any sort of chance st playing unless we're winning and at this point in the season, Conte is more likely to make a defensive sub than give Michy minutes.

1 minute ago, BoyBlue96 said:

He should keep his mouth shut until the end of the season. 

I disagree but I get why you would think that way. I don't blame supporters for that. I just prefer a player to say anything that's on their mind. 

People getting their panties in a bunch over a comment with little to no context. We all know the journos like to write engaging headlines for views/clicks etc.

Fernando and BlueLyon like this

Funny how everyone expects Lukaku/Morata to replace Costa. 

Its actualy quite possible that Conte signs another striker, Michy leaves, while we dont sign any RW at all,  while Costa stays.

The rage on this thread will be epic.

communicate likes this

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Funny how everyone expects Lukaku/Morata to replace Costa. 

Its actualy quite possible that Conte signs another striker, Michy leaves, while we dont sign any RW at all,  while Costa stays.

The rage on this thread will be epic.

Do you think Costa will stay?? 

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Do you think Costa will stay?? 

Who knows what media actualy knows. Costa said several times he is happy, so why not.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Who knows what media actualy knows. Costa said several times he is happy, so why not.

I don't know why players talk to media cause they always put a stir in 

I cant see Diego going anywhere this season at least. But who knows. If AM do get rid of Griezmann.....

But AM dont pay ove 32 mill Euros and have got Gameiro sitting there so thats another reason I cant see him going back there.

Last summer when Diego Costa was rumoured to leave I said Conte is not mad to sell one of his best players ahead of such an important (1st) season (in England) when he clearly wanted to make a good first impression and fight for the title.

I say the same again regarding Hazard - Conte will no doubt try to win the Champions League at his very first try with Chelsea. He's obsessed with this competition, he'll do everything to keep his best players and on top of that add extra quality.

Now after a summer I have my question marks whether Diego Costa stays or goes, but Courtois, Hazard - no chance they leave. Not this summer. 

Unionjack likes this

Diego's goalscoring record is equal to Sturridge's despite the latter only starting half the games Diego does. Their goals-per-game ratio is very similar, but Sturridge's minutes-per-goal is vastly superior.

From Sturridge to Lukaku, just on our own soil there are better goalscorers around; nevermind strikers who can do other things better too, from link-up to heading ability. 

There's nothing Costa can do which others can't do better. However, from Mbappe to Dybala, we finally have a new generation of strikers who are the absolute best at what they do in their position (in this case awareness & dribbling). To be the very best at a trait is what I want from a striker. I wouldn't expect this if I supported Everton; but as a supporter of the league-leaders, in a very demanding sport, I expect the best.

I don't get why people want him to leave then try to replace him with the like of morata,griezman or dybala. It is like we are trying to create poor version of MSN. 

Costa bring a much needed physicality and aggresiveness upfront. If he is going to leave then maybe Lukaku can replace him but I haven't watched much everton game to judge

Shevchenko, Torres, Crespo, Costa. I'm not sure who'll be the fifth member, but those players have to be in the top 5 worst strikers of the Roman era. You know what I'd give just to see Anelka step inside a time machine and fire us to the title in glory? I'm not even expecting another Drogba, just someone reliable. 

*Edit: List revised - Kezman, Mutu, Shevchenko, Torres, Costa. I'm bringing out Crespo, he wasn't brain-numbingly bad.

Get Defoe & Crouch in; rotate. That's the English Anelka & Drogba right there. Bertrand being our Ashley Cole and all too will lead us to glory.

On 31/03/2017 at 6:27 AM, communicate said:

I don't get why people want him to leave then try to replace him with the like of morata,griezman or dybala. It is like we are trying to create poor version of MSN. 

Costa bring a much needed physicality and aggresiveness upfront. If he is going to leave then maybe Lukaku can replace him but I haven't watched much everton game to judge

If this was written today on April Fool's I'd give it a like.:ph34r:

It ain't going to be any better if he leaves and we get Lukaku. 

As woeful Costa has been, Lukaku is even worse disappearing in big games like he did with Liverpool. 

I smell a rat and I hope he proves me wrong but he acts like he plays for team Gestifute not Chelsea.