Diego Costa

Spike

How will he cost us the title? There'd be no title race to speak of without his goals. 17 - let that number sink in for a minute; it's not even Feb yet! Well on the way to 25 league goals I predicted at the start of the season.

How will he cost us the title? There'd be no title race to speak of without his goals. 17 - let that number sink in for a minute; it's not even Feb yet! Well on the way to 25 league goals I predicted at the start of the season.

I mean he cannot be so stupid. He will be banned now for the game of the season because of his stupidness...

I mean he cannot be so stupid. He will be banned now for the game of the season because of his stupidness...

No way he sits out City because the game's in 3 days. Assuming he even gets the decision, we'll appeal and that'll free him up for Sunday.

No way he sits out City because the game's in 3 days. Assuming he even gets the decision, we'll appeal and that'll free him up for Sunday.

"Under Premier League rules an independent three-man panel assesses video replays before deciding on any action, but League Cup regulations are different and the final decision is the referee's.

That means Oliver would be asked to assess the incident retrospectively. If in his judgement Costa was guilty of a straight red-card offence the player would automatically be banned for league games against City, Aston Villa and Everton.

Costa would have until 6pm the following day to contest the decision, and a hearing would then be fast-tracked. Whatever the outcome, there would be a resolution before the City game."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9684205/referee-michael-oliver-to-make-final-call-on-diego-costa-stamp-ahead-of-chelsea-manchester-city-game

Also, our game is on Saturday :).

"Under Premier League rules an independent three-man panel assesses video replays before deciding on any action, but League Cup regulations are different and the final decision is the referee's.

That means Oliver would be asked to assess the incident retrospectively. If in his judgement Costa was guilty of a straight red-card offence the player would automatically be banned for league games against City, Aston Villa and Everton.

Costa would have until 6pm the following day to contest the decision, and a hearing would then be fast-tracked. Whatever the outcome, there would be a resolution before the City game."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9684205/referee-michael-oliver-to-make-final-call-on-diego-costa-stamp-ahead-of-chelsea-manchester-city-game

Also, our game is on Saturday :).

Oliver won't want to make himself look bad. If he says yeah he should be banned that means he missed 2 red card decisions and makes him look like an unfit ref (which he is).

He won't get banned.

He isn't even looking at Can when he "stamps" on him, he's only got eyes for the ball. How can you say it's deliberate? It's impossible.

It's exactly the same in both cases, he merely jumps and lands on the players. There's no aiming with his legs and no eye movement to indicate it was intentional.

Oliver won't want to make himself look bad. If he says yeah he should be banned that means he missed 2 red card decisions and makes him look like an unfit ref (which he is).

He won't get banned.

Plus he was shite throughout anyway.Amazed we got decisions.Lost it at times

Just looking at the video he'll get banned, probably 3 games

And he deserves it. U see people condoning his bone headed, childish and unneccesary antics and downright unsporting behaviours. It's a mistery how he hasnt gotten any red card and fa suspension so far. Every game, it's the same ole crap from him.

The same hypocrite supporting him after last night are the same people that vilified aguero for stamping on david luiz. Such behaviour has no place in football/sport.

It's incredible to think we have gone from having a pussy in Torres (as one of the main strikers) to the highly aggressive player in Costa, who is a great wind up merchant. Single-handedly pissed off the entire Liverpool team. Don't think I have ever seen the opposing team becoming so involved and agitated with one of our players, not even when Drogba was in his prime. I love it.

As for the stamps on Can and Skrtel, I don't think they were deliberate at all. He just happened to land on them accidentally. If one pushes it, then you might argue that the Can one was maybe done on purpose but the stamp on Skrtel was definitely accidental.

And he deserves it. U see people condoning his bone headed, childish and unneccesary antics and downright unsporting behaviours. It's a mistery how he hasnt gotten any red card and fa suspension so far. Every game, it's the same ole crap from him.

The same hypocrite supporting him after last night are the same people that vilified aguero for stamping on david luiz. Such behaviour has no place in football/sport.

I wouldn't say it's every game. Sure, he riles up opposition every game but I just see that as part of the game.. It's a sport for aggression. But when it crosses the line of yesterday it's unpleasant. If it was Suarez last season we'd be up in arms lmao.