Diego Costa

Spike

Of course he might get rested against Schalke, but what makes you think he will not starting next weekend? he is not injured...

Firstly, we're playing Sporting not Schalke.

Secondly, his recent performances.

I worry that one day when things wont go right for us, he will snap and punch or kick someone.

Today, he was quite close to it, the way he screamed towards ref could be red too. And when someone will provoke him ala materazzi, no one will be quick enough to stop him do something stupid.

I worry that one day when things wont go right for us, he will snap and punch or kick someone.

Today, he was quite close to it, the way he screamed towards ref could be red too. And when someone will provoke him ala materazzi, no one will be quick enough to stop him do something stupid.

He's elbowed players already, and gotten away with it. His temper does get the better of him, when things aren't going his way.

He's elbowed players already, and gotten away with it. His temper does get the better of him, when things aren't going his way.

Yeah but once he wont get away with it and it will be bad for us all. Hopefuly it wont happen but I think once in his 5+ years here it will happen eventualy.

All geniuses have their flaws I guess. Heck no one was able to stop Drogs from slapping Vidic in the CL final in time too. Good thing he made up for it in the end though.

Don't get me wrong Costa is fantastic but I'm not sure he's suited to these sort of games up on his own, where you're pretty much relying on individual brilliance. Jose needs to switch it up at times, 442 with either Remy/Drogba pairing him would be a great alternative.

Yeah, once upon a time.. From history you can name tens and hundreds of strikers with better technical ability, Costa simply isn't this kind of flashy player.

He had brilliant speed, strength and first touch (which is why so many of his goals took out the last defender before slamming it in the net.

However overall technically he was a level behind the likes of Eto'o and Drogba, hench why both of them still offered something when they were past there best and Torres went completely off the boil.

Goals seem to be drying up...hope he doesn't start getting frustrated and do a Suarez though. Also him staying injury free will help, just hopefully not Torres style where being injured actually help us. Many top strikers start well before fading out and didn't recover, I hope that isn't the case with Costa.

Zaki, Benteke...etc are the players that come to my mind, even RVP in that 12-13 season went 2 months without scoring at 1 point. Luckily for MU all the others were shit and they still walked it in the end.

Diego should had been replaced by Remy at some point. He had a bad first half and Remy scored the game before so he would have better momentum coming in.

Do wonder what is Remy thinking right now though. He was signed to be the second choice striker but now, he seems to be third one instead. Having someone like Remy in the box yesterday might have worked with his goalscoring instincts to pick up the second balls considering we were just lumping it to Drogba and hoping for the best.