Diego Costa

Spike

Costa was left out of Del Bosque's latest selection in order to rest.

The Brazilian-born striker missed four matches for Chelsea through injury after scoring his first goal for Spain in last month's 4-0 triumph over Luxembourg.

'In our previous training camp, he (Costa) complained about pain in his pelvic bone,' Del Bosque said. 'I thought it was best for him to take a break.

'It's not a sign of weakness, I don't want to confront anyone.

'When I gave my 23-man squad, I knew that he (Costa) was going to play with his club at the weekend.

'But we cannot push someone when they don't feel completely well.

'He is the first one that has asked us to please not forget him when I make my next squad selection in February.'

Costa, who has scored 10 goals in nine Premier League appearances for Chelsea so far, is eager to shine for Spain.

The former Atletico Madrid star became a naturalised player earlier this year and has found the back of the net just once in seven appearances for La Roja since.

However, Del Bosque is confident Costa will have a starring role for the national team despite his slow start.

'For whatever reason, he (Costa) has not been 100 per cent with us,' he said. 'However, we cannot say that he has not given all of his enthusiasm, he has always had a desire to play.

'We haven't been lucky, he has been a slave of our lack of play.

'Had we not opted to select him (naturalise him), now we would have thrown our hands in the air.

'Seeing how Costa moves, the spaces he finds, this cannot be bad for any team.

'Perhaps he is not as technical but not all forwards need to be in order to score goals.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2831594/Vicente-del-Bosque-trusts-Cesc-Fabregas-Chelsea-star-ruled-Spain-duty-Belarus-Germany-clashes.html

If Del Bosque is leaving Costa behind at the previous international break, he will be ready and fit at the moment.

Sergio Ramos calls on Spain players to show same commitments for their country as they do their clubs

Sergio Ramos wants players to show the same commitment for Spain as they do for their clubs.

The Spanish defender is preparing for the qualifier with Belarus on Saturday and admits he was surprised to see Chelseas Diego Costa left out of the squad through injury before playing for Chelsea against Liverpool.

But Ramos says the decision must be left with manager Vicente del Bosque.

Speaking to MARCA radio, Ramos said: It can create some doubt. Not only among teammates, but among the supporters. Issues like these spark debate.

'I wouldnt have allowed that because I would have gone out to talk about it and clarify the issue a bit so that it didnt get blown out of proportion and so that people knew the problem. Its better to set the record straight so that people cant speculate and make it up.

Its difficult to set rules, there always needs to be an element of tact on matters like these. I think its better as long as it doesnt give a false impression to the fans and your teammates.

Id like to see all players having the same commitment with the selection as they have with their clubs.

I think we have to transmit this commitment to all the new players who come for the first time. At the end of the day thats what makes the difference, its what makes success whether your club pays you or your national team.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2832463/Sergio-Ramos-calls-Spain-players-commitments-country-clubs.html

:carlo: is that Spanish players and fans think all this time? Thought Costa faking injury? Or us doesn't want to let him go for Spain?

F*** off, it is because Spain overplayed him, he is unfit after the previous international break. It is thanks to whom, we have lost Costa in our 4 match after that? Shut the hell up.

Sergio Ramos insists he did not accuse Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas of lacking commitment after Spain withdrawals

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2834402/Sergio-Ramos-insists-did-not-accuse-Diego-Costa-Cesc-Fabregas-lacking-commitment-Spain-withdrawals.html

:clown:

Where does Costa fit?

Terry Gibson and Gaizka Mendieta discuss whether Diego Costa can walk straight back into the Spain squad after such a confident performance from the team in their 3-0 win over Belarus.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9566104/where-does-costa-fit?

lol, who the f*** cares

I wouldn't mind at all if he didn't fit them anymore (although I feel for him, but well, it serves him well to have chosen those arrogant bitches), but let's not fool ourselves. It's frigging Belarus... *I* would play well against them.

Sergio Ramos calls on Spain players to show same commitments for their country as they do their clubs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2832463/Sergio-Ramos-calls-Spain-players-commitments-country-clubs.html

:carlo: is that Spanish players and fans think all this time? Thought Costa faking injury? Or us doesn't want to let him go for Spain?

F*** off, it is because Spain overplayed him, he is unfit after the previous international break. It is thanks to whom, we have lost Costa in our 4 match after that? Shut the hell up.

Good job he's Brazilian :D

I wouldn't mind at all if he didn't fit them anymore (although I feel for him, but well, it serves him well to have chosen those arrogant bitches), but let's not fool ourselves. It's frigging Belarus... *I* would play well against them.

Barbara, you can rest on the bench. My cats can easily beat Belarus. :P

Im sure you would ,,,, even Torres might