Diego Costa

Spike

Tbf, out of those seasons, the max he's missed is 3 games (via yellow cards) every season which isn't even that excessive tbh. Timing of the these suspensions could matter though.

I was thinking about the timing specifically. Specially because we have only Drogba and Torres as back-ups. It could really hurt us in the UCL, for instance. This season was really scary though: "2011/12 - 9 (9/15+1)"

9 yellow cards out of 16 league games? Worrisome. We also have some cunt refs in England which could increase his numbers. Hoping he will restrain himself a bit whenever big games are close.

I was thinking about the timing specifically. Specially because we have only Drogba and Torres as back-ups. It could really hurt us in the UCL, for instance. This season was really scary though: "2011/12 - 9 (9/15+1)"

9 yellow cards out of 16 league games? Worrisome. We also have some cunt refs in England which could increase his numbers. Hoping he will restrain himself a bit whenever big games are close.

Tbh, in Spain they give out yellow cards more easier. PL refs are cunts, but they do seem to be more lenient than Spanish referees in general. Hopefully this is the case with Costa.

Tbh, in Spain they give out yellow cards more easier. PL refs are cunts, but they do seem to be more lenient than Spanish referees in general. Hopefully this is the case with Costa.

It seems to go both ways. They'll award yellows to some silly stuff that should have been regular fouls but will award yellows to stuff that should have been direct reds IMO. Costa and Ramos could have seen way more reds then they did all those times they faced each other for example. And I don't think Spanish Federation punishes those unseen infractions enough either, which the English will most certainly do if they happen.

Yes the timing of suspensions could be a problem. But I would much rather see his agressive style of play. It gets not only him going but the crowd and players too. Hes a defenders nightmare - he started on JT for god sake!

He's too physical for the soft La Liga - with their tika taka bullshit.

I think England accepts more the physicality. He isn't violent, he's just rough and shove people around with his body. He's the annoying guy that won't back off, but I wouldn't say he is unfair, violent or a cheating cunt that bites on people.

I think he may get a suspension. It's one match after five yellows and three after eight yellows or the suspensions are three and five? I ALWAYS get confused about EPL suspension rules for booking

I think he may get a suspension. It's one match after five yellows and three after eight yellows or the suspensions are three and five? I ALWAYS get confused about EPL suspension rules for booking

From the start of the season:
5 yellow cards before the new year = 1 match ban
10 yellow cards before/on the second Sunday in April = 2 match ban

He almost lost it in the friendly with Vitesse, headbutt the guys arm after a slide tackle.

Christ, I love this guy.

I like that he doesn't let opposition bully him, but I'm kinda afraid that because of his temper we'll end up playing with Torres and 36-year-old Drogba in many games. He must keep his temper in check.

Have a feeling that José has and will continue to speak to him about the fact that opposition managers will be instructing their players to wind him up and get under his skin. He'll be telling Costa constantly not to lose his head.

Have a feeling that José has and will continue to speak to him about the fact that opposition managers will be instructing their players to wind him up and get under his skin. He'll be telling Costa constantly not to lose his head.
I suspect Simeone will have been telling him the same thing but that didn't do too much good.

I suspect Simeone will have been telling him the same thing but that didn't do too much good.

True, but he's now in a much bigger spotlight and at a much bigger club.

Hopefully he's being told that the English FA won't stand for a lot of the shit that happened in La Liga.

True, but he's now in a much bigger spotlight and at a much bigger club. Hopefully he's being told that the English FA won't stand for a lot of the shit that happened in La Liga.

There was a hell of a lot of attention on Atletico last season and Costa was their main man. Either way I don't think Costa will suddenly learn to control his emotions. I just hope Mourinho speaks to him about it instead of blaming the referee/FA when he is inevitably banned.