Diego Costa

Spike

I think his stats are inflated by the fact that he very rarely takes shots from outside the box.

That's the way it should be for a striker as well. I don't want my striker to frequently take random pot shots from 25+ yards.

That's the way it should be for a striker as well. I don't want my striker to frequently take random pot shots from 25+ yards.

Shots from outside the box (including free kicks) often go awry but can be effective particularly with rebounds and deflections. I think Guardiola's approach of no shots from outside the box is very limiting.

I think his stats are inflated by the fact that he very rarely takes shots from outside the box.

At the same time his passing accuracy is the highest amongst our strikers and he's fairly strong which implies his link up play and ability to maintain the team in possession is really good when he can't shoot from close-medium range. If he isn't confident in his long shooting he shouldn't be overly trying them, I'd rather have him pass the ball while we keep looking for chances to infiltrate the box.

Shots from outside the box (including free kicks) often go awry but can be effective particularly with rebounds and deflections. I think Guardiola's approach of no shots from outside the box is a very limiting approach.

I agree, but I'd much rather someone like Schurrle - who is renowned for taking these type of shots from distance - take these sort of shots, and I'd much rather have Costa as the one who is scoring the rebounds.

It certainly is no biggie. Almost every striker scores the overwhelming majority of their goals in the box.

we need to start the prayer circle asap for this guy's health. Torres already showed in two matches he's back in form... form of missing anything and everything. Drogba was already bad last season for Galatasaray, so you can't expect only motivation to be back here to help his cause (although he's definitely more useful and resourceful than Torres).

everybody, raise your hands

tumblr_m4ox4h75cN1qgsei3.gif

He looks more the guy to like a good gang bang :-)

Lol Drogba was already bad enough in his last season here (granted he really turned up for CL) I don't know what he's meant to do now 2 years older.

I already said it in the match thread, but Mourinho can't complain about striker problems if he goes into the season with 2 past it strikers as backup.

he may not be able to do anything about Lukaku's departure, but he's as guilty as hell if we don't sign another striker.

It doesn't need to be world class because there's none available. But someone around the same as Lukaku (preferably with a different set of skills) is enough. Those two are worse than Milito... I hope Jose's hope isn't that just because he won an UCL title with Milito he can do it again with the likes of Torres and Drogba.

Also in addition to injuries, Costa can have a bad day in the office ... every player has one of those from time to time. Then he's off one match, we look to the bench there's Torres and Drogba? fml

edit: see? just what I said. He hasn't received ONE single ball inside the box. Yes, he overplayed a few times and should have released the ball, but he didn't get any service at all.

he may not be able to do anything about Lukaku's departure, but he's as guilty as hell if we don't sign another striker.

It doesn't need to be world class because there's none available. But someone around the same as Lukaku (preferably with a different set of skills) is enough. Those two are worse than Milito... I hope Jose's hope isn't that just because he won an UCL title with Milito he can do it again with the likes of Torres and Drogba.

Also in addition to injuries, Costa can have a bad day in the office ... every player has one of those from time to time. Then he's off one match, we look to the bench there's Torres and Drogba? fml

edit: see? just what I said. He hasn't received ONE single ball inside the box. Yes, he overplayed a few times and should have released the ball, but he didn't get any service at all.

And the problem continues...