Diego Costa

Spike

It would actually be very interesting to learn what happens behind the scenes on this transfer. I have been convinced for a long time that he will be our player, but what are they discussing now? Considering the buyout has been agreed, it means personal terms only remain, could it really be a drawn out negotiation going on? Are there third parties involved?

I'm not complaining, just curious how these things get done on the big scene.

I think it simply has to do with the fact that there isn't a reasonable squad number available for him (i.e. 9 or 19). Once that's sorted (i.e. Ba or Torres being sold) he'll be unveiled officially.

If you think Costa will score more than 20 just in the league.... you must be mad..... I hope for 10+. 15 will be brilliant considering his ability.....

considering La Liga has better quality players than the EPL, why shouldn't he score 20+?

I think it simply has to do with the fact that there isn't a reasonable squad number available for him (i.e. 9 or 19). Once that's sorted (i.e. Ba or Torres being sold) he'll be unveiled officially.

It's not illegal to change a player's squad number against his will. It's not like Torres will prosecute us if we gave Costa his number and if he doesn't like it he can go suck on the bench and in one corner of the dressing room for all I care. But then again there's nothing wrong with being diplomatic about it.

He just scored 27 league goals in Spain for the title winning team, why is it mad to think that he can get 20 for us?

You just wait and see. Deep inside we all know this season of his was a one time thing.

DEFENSE in the Premier League is much tougher.

True.

Hiim along with Oscar, Hazard, and Cesc have alot to prove this coming for various reasons. Hopefully that motivates them to play at another level. But as long as we make him the focal point in our attack, he'll perform. Our strikers have struggled partly because our CAM were the main point in our offense

Fuck it our urgent need of striker surprise me that this guy is not on the current squad or been announced and the pre-season is 4 days from today. Why are there no signing been announce of confirmed? It really a thing to worry about

Fuck it our urgent need of striker surprise me that this guy is not on the current squad or been announced and the pre-season is 4 days from today. Why are there no signing been announce of confirmed? It really a thing to worry about

When your tea isn't served do you bang your knife and fork?