Diego Costa

Spike

First of all, YES he did score 35+ goals in all comps. BUT! I promise you that he won't re-create that magical season and that's why he isn't worth that amount of money. Cavani, Falcao and Willian as well were not worth the money they were bought for! YOU LOOK AT THE FACTS NOW! Cavani failed. Willian failed. Falcao failed(mostly because of the injury but that is not the point). Costa? I am pretty sure he isn't going to score more than 20. For me, 32m pounds should bring you 20+..... So.... I like the signing because we must get a striker and anyone who is better than Torres is a good option. Unfortunatly, Costa is basically the only option there is.... I think Cavani, Falcao, Mandzukic would have been better signings.

Lol so Costa should have cost £15m ,Willian £16m, and Monaco should have paid no more than €25m for Falcao. Lol

I can't remember how many times haranr has spurred his 'X is a fact or you are mad'-crap lately. It was annoying as hell the first time, and still is. You know Costa flops, you knew Fabregas would go to United, can I have the lottery numbers please? Also what is the purpose of life?

He won't score more than 20 goals in the Premier League next season. That WILL be proven as a fact soon enough.

That would be fantastic! I'd also take 6 more in the champions league! We don't need 30, just 20-25 of the right goals.

If he scores 10 match winners that would be incredible.

Lol so Costa should have cost £15m ,Willian £16m, and Monaco should have paid no more than €25m for Falcao. Lol

No... That's your numbers. I think Costa should cost 25m. Willian 27m. Falcao 45m Cavani 40m.

And PSG shouldnt have paid more than 10m for Luiz.

Atleticos was less than 2 minutes away from claiming the CL title, they won La Liga with two of the best teams in the world behind them. Who was their main man? Their most important player? Diego Costa.

Will he score 20 goals his first season here? I dont know, maybe not. But you cant say for sure that Cavani or Falcao would.

Not exactly considering the different attributes. Drogba had the potential of a world-class striker technique of play while Costa is just average at that.

I know, it was a deliberate example to make you (hopefully) understand how stupid your Torres analogy was.

It's an interesting discussion. Put aside the technical concepts. Evaluate the intangibles. Think about this. Karim Benzema, possibly the brightest player on the planet. It has everything to be the best striker or what he wants to be. You believe he can be the star of a winning team and compete in goals against Messi and Cristiano? I doubt it. Well, Costa did. Was the Messi. The goal against adversity. Overcoming the context and wining.

I don't care if he is the least visual player on the planet (which is not true). And has less talent than a log (which is not true). What I want is the fucking goal in the most awful game. Necessary if we want to be champions.

If you think Costa will score more than 20 just in the league.... you must be mad..... I hope for 10+. 15 will be brilliant considering his ability.....

He just scored 27 league goals in Spain for the title winning team, why is it mad to think that he can get 20 for us?

He just scored 27 league goals in Spain for the title winning team, why is it mad to think that he can get 20 for us?

Yep. And considering he'll get amazing service from the likes of Hazard and Fabregas, I expect no less.

He won't score more than 20 goals in the Premier League next season. That WILL be proven as a fact soon enough.

Ridiculous how supporters can write this guy off before he even put on a blue shirt. Come on guys, support our players and actually wish them a successful spell with Chelsea.

Because he's got his own ratings for players like FIFA does, Hazard 94, Messi 98, Falcao 92, Cavani 95, then bang! Costa 78! Filtered filtered filtered, conclusion: mad to think he can score more than 20.

One of the articles linked here (I think the plains of Almeria one) really brought up a good point.
Costa is not the type of a player who is easy on the eye, the first couple of games I saw him in made me think he was just lucky each time he ran, dribbled past a player or somehow managed a really good touch. That is why a lot of people who have only seen him 4-5 times will think he is very limited.
It happens too often though for it to be plain luck, he is actually more skilled than he seems.

People might say that he loses the ball often, but you have to put it in perspective. Comparing with a player like Mandzukic you have to consider that Atletico is more of a counter-attacking team where Costa will often battle several defenders by himself, why Mandzukic often has a lot of support because of Bayern's style of play.

It would actually be very interesting to learn what happens behind the scenes on this transfer. I have been convinced for a long time that he will be our player, but what are they discussing now? Considering the buyout has been agreed, it means personal terms only remain, could it really be a drawn out negotiation going on? Are there third parties involved?
I'm not complaining, just curious how these things get done on the big scene.