Diego Costa

Spike

Costa is not a world class striker, he is overrated and people keep defending him like he is Pele. He is not a striker that can create something out of none where like Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo, Suarez and so on. Most of his goals are simple tap ins. He is not a big game player, and had a bad attitude.

Next season if we can't break a team down we will probably be relying on Hazard again for individual brilliance. Not saying that Costa is a bad player, but no-one there is on Hazard's level and like you say I don't think Costa can make something out of nothing like the best strikers. He's also bound to get himself suspended for large parts of the season!

Can we honestly say he is significantly better than Lukaku ? To the point that we should pay 32m for him when we have Lukaku ? I am very scared because this seems like another disaster signing waiting to happen when we are still barely recovering from the Torres debacle.

You guys forget something very important.

------------------ Cillessen ------------------

---- de Vrij ------- Vlaar -------- Indi -----

Janmaat --------- Costa ------------ Blind

(Iniesta) -- De Jong - de Guzman - (Silva)

------------- (Xavi) ----------- (Xabi) ---------

------------------- (Sergio) --------------------

------------------- Sneijder -------------------

Call him a one-season wonder, but Van Gaal had Del Bosque in his pocket here

Janmaat - Iniesta

Blind - Silva

De Jong and De Guzman - Xavi and Xabi

Sneijder - Sergio

de Vrij, Vlaar and Martins Indi - Diego Costa

Still a PK in his favour and possibly a goal if David Silva would have passed the ball to him, instead of trying that fucking chip over Cillessen.

Can we honestly say he is significantly better than Lukaku ? To the point that we should pay 32m for him when we have Lukaku ? I am very scared because this seems like another disaster signing waiting to happen when we are still barely recovering from the Torres debacle.

I think letting Lukaku leave would be a disaster either way. But Chelsea needs more than just Lukaku, and Torres or Ba are not good enough. There's not certainties in football, but I think Chelsea could do very well with someone like Costa, we need more players that wants to win no matter the cost.

I have mixed feelings after reading couple last pages, so do we want a striker or fucking not? if we are scared to sign him because there's a possibility he'll flop then we might aswell keep torres as no.1, that'd teach you all

Well spain were the better team in the first half, after he came off, spain turned to complete shit. No more runners for iniesta/silva to pass to

Yeah strange that :) it kinda summed up our last season ;)

Statue up front - to be fair to the statue it did have 3 distinct poses:

1) Nowhere near the ball or goal

2) enjoying total relaxation on the floor

3) grumbling to the Ref that it wanted to spend more time in position 2

Yeah i'm really confuse after this match. now thinking maybe he's really one season player. Maybe we shouldn't pay huge amount of money for Diego. It might be safer to buy Mandzukic for 18-20 mln €. And just wait for new prospective striker from Porto or Ajax. :wacko:

Guys stop with the kneejerk reactions...Costa had poor game, made great runs, but poor touch. However it was one game and this spanish style doesnt realy suit him at all.

As anyone I would prefer someone like Cavani, Rvp or Suarez, but such players arent available unfortunely.

Botom line he is one big cunt though and I blame him bit for not picking Brasil (he has milions of angry brailians on neck now). And I generaly dont like players who turn against their own teams (like Torres or Cesc) because there is so much hate towards them and that affects whole team. Anyway if he can score goals and dont get red card every game, I would gladly take him. He doesnt have that nice style and world class abilities ala Rvp but he can score and he can make defenders shit in pants and thats what we need.