Diego Costa

Spike

Yes, he was quite poor, just as the rest of Spain.
Then again, after he left the pitch Spain only had two very isolated opportunities. He does not possess the first touch that is required to make the most of the way Spain is playing, but he is good at sniffing out spaces to run into, which we saw in the first half. It, in turn, opened up spaces for others such as Silva.

The head-thing was in line with how he is, you could see that many spanish players had a problem with Indi. Not to say that he did the right thing, he need to cut that out if he wants to make it in the PL.

He will be important in Chelsea. It would however be good to have a different type of striker as well.

Ffs Dry your eyes! Crying about him having a dark side and being edgy! GOOD, that's what we need instead of that tit torres dancing round the ball on the edge of the 6 yard box.

No that's not what we need. He's been doing this shit far too often and I'll be super annoyed if he does it with a Chelsea kit on. It's not edgy nor intimidating, it's full on stupid.

I'm not worried about the performance. 2 things that did bother me though were; the headbutt. As already mentioned, he does that shit too often.

Also, he got a great pass earlier in the game, and he didn't even get a shot off. It shows a lack of confidence imo, and there's nothing worse than having a striker like that.

But all it takes is 1 goal to get back in the groove.

one of the better players on the pitch for spain... his runs are very good. which is not much shocking. his first touches looked very off today which i would have said were brilliant off what i saw off him in ATM.

involved in almost everything good for spain...

Spain don't look to use a big CF so he is wasted. Made good runs and was singled out for praise in the first half by the pundits for bringing a more direct dimension to Spains game. To say he's average and so on is nonsense and is to say jose (the king of microanalysis) hasn't checked him out enough...garbage

Spain don't look to use a big CF so he is wasted. Made good runs and was singled out for praise in the first half by the pundits for bringing a more direct dimension to Spains game. To say he's average and so on is nonsense and is to say jose (the king of microanalysis) hasn't checked him out enough...garbage

Must mean he was very poor, then :P

Costa is not a world class striker, he is overrated and people keep defending him like he is Pele. He is not a striker that can create something out of none where like Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo, Suarez and so on. Most of his goals are simple tap ins. He is not a big game player, and has a horrible attitude.

Costa is not a world class striker, he is overrated and people keep defending him like he is Pele. He is not a striker that can create something out of none where like Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo, Suarez and so on. Most of his goals are simple tap ins. He is not a big game player, and had a bad attitude.

I have to agree with this to be honest.

He doesn't really have that "it" factor about him like Suarez, RvP, Aguero and those guys who just about every time they get the ball you're expecting something special to happen. He doesn't score any spectacular or magical goals where he creates some magic out of nowhere. Just about all of his goals are pretty simple ones.

All of them count the same, though. I do think he's clearly a level below those top strikers. He's not the type of player who can single handedly win you a match even if your side is playing like shit like RvP did for United and Arse a couple of seasons ago.