Diego Costa

Spike

Erm who rattled your cage? And if you read around I actually have written good things about Emanalo.

Fair enough, it's just that too many people are quick to chastise Emenalo when he hasn't even done a bad job, so naturally it irks me a bit when people suggest stuff like that.

Except Drogba didn't cost us 50 million pounds though?? 50m is twice as much what we paid for Didi and look at how long it took him to find his feet here. In his first season here I think he scored about 10 goals, 2nd season he scored around the same. Are people going to be satisfied with that return for 50m? Because it's very possible that Costa will need at least a season to settle in.

Drogba cost us 37 m euros. 37 m Euros at that time are equal to 50 m pounds today I would say.

And Costas clause isnt 35 m pounds. Its 40 m euros, as spanish media says.

Chelsea confident £50m transfer of Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid is in the bag

Striker is set to agree £185,000 a week contract to spearhead Jose Mourinho's summer overhaul of his forward options

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-chelsea-confident-diego-costa-3416537#ixzz2z21ESySw

Chelsea confident £50m transfer of Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid is in the bagStriker is set to agree £185,000 a week contract to spearhead Jose Mourinho's summer overhaul of his forward optionshttp://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-chelsea-confident-diego-costa-3416537#ixzz2z21ESySw

Media claiming done deal already? This is like the Cavani situation all over again..

apart from di marzio, i don't think even a semi reliable source is saying this is done. daily fail, telegraph, mirror, etc guessing as usal

The story actually broke in Spain from a reputable media outlet. And the comments Simeone made suggest there's a lot in it. The Telegraph is also a reliable source. At least more so than those other ones you mentioned.

Sutton? Casiraghi? Fleck?

Sutton was so poor that I forgot about him. I never wanted us to sign him anyway as I never liked him as a player.

Fleck was before I started supporting the club.

Casiraghi was unlucky with injuries. He was actually a good player, but he suffered a very bad injury when it seemed he was about to come good. Never really recovered.

Other teams have had their fair share of duds too.

He didn't write an article about Diego Costa in particular.

He said today that Atletico Madrid will buy Cerci from Torino because Diego Costa is going to Chelsea. They are also interested in Icardi, but probably in the end they will go for Cerci as they are scouting him for a long, long time. Atletico also had scouts yesterday at Torino's game in wich Cerci scored a beauty.

And he also said in another article that Juventus have been given the green light to sign Mandzukic now that Chelsea isn't interested in him anymore and Mourinho will sign Diego Costa.

In this case then I would go for Cerci as Atletico always seem to end up with great strikers, we could steal him and pay a lot less. Win win.

Diego Costa's clause is exactly 32 million pounds. I dont know where the 50 million came, but I am guessing the media want to put as much pressure on him as they can. Cunts.

The buyout clause is only for teams in spain mate!

A strike force of Costa-Lukkaku-Bamford is salivating to me. A good blend of youth and experience. What do you guys think?

And yes, I know it's unlikely. But yeah.

No chance Bamford is our 3rd striker. Will rather have Costa, Eto'o, Lukaku.