Diego Costa

Spike

I'm actually watching a replay of Diego Costa vs Valencia match from last season, for those interested and with time on your hands to waste.

http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmatch/spain/la-liga/atletico-madrid-vs-valencia-2

Atletico didn't even create many chances but he still managed to be almost unplayable against a good la liga team. His footwork is also very impressive.

This. This is what I'm hoping we'll see more of, cause we almost definitely are going to need this from our striker.

Honestly, this is better than "HE'LL SCORE 40 GOALS AND WIN US THE LEAGUE!!!"

The less pressure on him the better.

The less pressure on him? So you telling me Diego surfs TalkChelsea?

"Shit, man. This Choulo fella doesn't want to pressure me. Thanks, Choulo19. Have a like!"

Piece by a fella on twitter. Really good read http://plainsofalmeria.co.uk/2014/07/02/diego-costa-walk-the-line/

Yup good read. He is not the finished article, and Jose will tame him. probably going to be the goalscoring machine thats been lacking.

Worst case scenario, his borderline mental illness becomes full blown, and we have to offload him to Barca for £80m in a couple of seasons

The less pressure on him? So you telling me Diego surfs TalkChelsea?

"Shit, man. This Choulo fella doesn't want to pressure me. Thanks, Choulo19. Have a like!"

No, the fans and the media can't put any pressure whatsoever on players :rolleyes:

Piece by a fella on twitter. Really good read http://plainsofalmeria.co.uk/2014/07/02/diego-costa-walk-the-line/

Interesting aspect that he brings up is Costa's relentless and tenaciousness. Even in Spain's poor games, he still worked the channels well making intelligent runs that simply weren't picked up on by the midfielders most of the time.

What typified Torres's decline, and even Sheva's, was that their heads' dropped. They'd look like shells of their former selves, almost like little boys at times. Hopefully Costa isn't like that. He doesn't look like the type of guy to lose that fire, although the worry is that he goes the other way and the frustration leads to him lashing out....a bit like Drogba could.

I see, because users on an internet forum posting "he'll score 40 next season!" = 'fans and the media' :rolleyes:

TalkChelsea is part of the general consensus that sets what most of the fans think and what ultimately decides what journos write. Of course, one user can't make a difference, or even probably the whole forum, but it's a part.

TalkChelsea is part of the general consensus that sets what most of the fans think and what ultimately decides what journos write. Of course, one user can't make a difference, or even probably the whole forum, but it's a part.

Sorry but that's ridiculous. I think you're vastly overestimating the impact internet forums have on actual football and actual footballers, especially at a club like Chelsea and especially when we're talking about a bullheaded fucker like Costa.

Sorry but that's ridiculous. I think you're vastly overestimating the impact internet forums have on actual football and actual footballers, especially at a club like Chelsea and especially when we're talking about a bullheaded fucker like Costa.

I'm vastly overestimating the impact of the forum when I said it probably makes no difference? :carlo:

I'm saying it's part of the general consensus and the general consensus makes a difference. In fact, my original comment was not about the particular user or the whole forum, it was about how most Chelsea fans seem to have low expectations of him.

I'm vastly overestimating the impact of the forum when I said it probably makes no difference? :carlo:

I'm saying it's part of the general consensus and the general consensus makes a difference. In fact, my original comment was not about the particular user or the whole forum, it was about how most Chelsea fans seem to have low expectations of him.

No, you're overestimating when you say journalists write stuff based on the general consensus of which the forum is a part. Journalists don't give a fuck about the general consensus, otherwise they wouldn't have been praising Benitez to high heaven when most Chelsea fans (paying and virtual) couldn't stand the sight of him. They write stuff entirely based on their biases and observations - good and bad.

No, you're overestimating when you say journalists write stuff based on the general consensus of which the forum is a part. Journalists don't give a fuck about the general consensus, otherwise they wouldn't have been praising Benitez to high heaven when most Chelsea fans (paying and virtual) couldn't stand the sight of him. They write stuff entirely based on their biases and observations - good and bad.

Not true actually. Reporters do pay attention to the general consensus and write accordingly.