Diego Costa

Spike

So funny that you guys complain about Torres and his mistakes/technical ability and yet you all want Costa who is far worse on the ball and will not create chances for anyone else. In fact, I can't wait till Costa gets here and wonders why our midfield will not pass the ball to him when he tries to make a run. Costa is in a much better position coming in then Torres though as we have signed Fabregas who is one of the best creators in the world.

delayed issue probably regarding the buyout clause and understandable . Atletico agree to a fee of 31,999,999 no taxes involved. Once we activate buyout clause, taxes come into effect - Costa has to deposit with Atletico the 32,000,000 plus taxes which would mean total deal in excess of 45m GBP

President of Atletico is a right cunt, give them Courtois for 3 years and will not negotiate with us which is why he keeps on saying 'our players will only leave if the exit clause is met'

So funny that you guys complain about Torres and his mistakes/technical ability and yet you all want Costa who is far worse on the ball and will not create chances for anyone else. In fact, I can't wait till Costa gets here and wonders why our midfield will not pass the ball to him when he tries to make a run. Costa is in a much better position coming in then Torres though as we have signed Fabregas who is one of the best creators in the world.

Because we've never had one (or two even) of the best creators in the world in Mata or Hazard right?

Yea man we should give Torres a chance ! he really deserves more time to prove what a great striker he is.

Now that we have Fabregas he'll surely score 30 goals. :ph34r:

what a load of bollocks. he got 15 assists. 2012/13

"Spanish TV analyzes Diego Costa's performance vs Celta de Vigo. Rather than focus on his aggression or his directness, this time the focus is on how he plays in behind a striker, in a supporting role. The spotlight is on his technique, its nuances, his positioning, how he holds off defenders and makes passes just at the right time."

and you want our new signing to struggle? piss off

Hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: is there any lengths the Torres fan boys won't stoop to? :doh:

what a load of bollocks. he got 15 assists. 2012/13

"Spanish TV analyzes Diego Costa's performance vs Celta de Vigo. Rather than focus on his aggression or his directness, this time the focus is on how he plays in behind a striker, in a supporting role. The spotlight is on his technique, its nuances, his positioning, how he holds off defenders and makes passes just at the right time."

and you want our new signing to struggle? piss off

That is not a fair comparison Costa and the entire team was playing the ball for Falcao.

Hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: is there any lengths the Torres fan boys won't stoop to? :doh:

I don't want Torres to be our go to guy next year. I don't think Diego Costa is the answer either though.

serious question: could it be that José or someone else in the board is having second thoughts about this transfer?

We were able to sign Cesc just before the WC, but we can't activate a release clause? We had technicalities for the Cesc deal that wouldn't happen in the Costa deal. Signing Costa has always seemed simpler than Cesc and still Spain is already out of the WC, the window opens officially today (doesn't it?) and this is still only a rumor - like the many we had regarding strikers in the past few windows. The difference is that there was high competition for Cavani, Falcao, whereas I don't see a team going crazy about Costa. All I hear is our near-done-deal and that's it.

I don't get the delay - and that's not me having a fit because a deal isn't done within a week (or a month), but because it seems odd... I hope we bring someone else instead, so I'm not really anxious or looking forward to this transfer. I'd really like Müller if Bayern is willing to let him go now they have Robert. He's having a great WC and hopefully he would carry on the top form. Or Benzema - although that isn't a possibility unless RM hijack Barça for Suarez (can't believe teams could actually be fighting for that cunt).

serious question: could it be that José or someone else in the board is having second thoughts about this transfer?

We were able to sign Cesc just before the WC, but we can't activate a release clause? We had technicalities for the Cesc deal that wouldn't happen in the Costa deal. Signing Costa has always seemed simpler than Cesc and still Spain is already out of the WC, the window opens officially today (doesn't it?) and this is still only a rumor - like the many we had regarding strikers in the past few windows. The difference is that there was high competition for Cavani, Falcao, whereas I don't see a team going crazy about Costa. All I hear is our near-done-deal and that's it.

I don't get the delay - and that's not me having a fit because a deal isn't done within a week (or a month), but because it seems odd... I hope we bring someone else instead, so I'm not really anxious or looking forward to this transfer. I'd really like Müller if Bayern is willing to let him go now they have Robert. He's having a great WC and hopefully he would carry on the top form. Or Benzema - although that isn't a possibility unless RM hijack Barça for Suarez (can't believe teams could actually be fighting for that cunt).

That's definitely a possibility. I think it could be someone important is having second thoughts about him. But there aren't many other viable options out there who won't cost a shit load of money.

Maybe Mourinho is waiting till after the WC to buy someone who performed well. I just hope we get someone whether its Mandzukic, Dzeko or Costa. Idc, just don't let Torres start.

Actually, the swiftness of Cesc's signing is kind of strange and might not mean much. It's possible that the agreement was reached several months ago--maybe even back in January when Jose sold Mata, already knowing that Cesc is coming.

But of course there's a possibility that Jose is having second thoughts about Costa. Ideally, if it's possible, it's better to get the transfers done early so that new players had a pre-season training with the team. So the delay really is a bit baffling when Costa is clearly available and willing. Who knows... Hell, maybe Roman wasn't impressed with Costa's form in WC and told Jose to look for alternatives.

On the other hand, the problem might be as simple as Spain's taxes.

It could also be Atletico Madrid. Barca wanted to let Cesc go anyway so there wasn't an issue.

AtMadrid have to find replacements first both for Courtois and Costa (and Luis, if that's true). So they're probably not signing off until they've done their transfer business first, they've already let go of Villa.. I'm sure they don't want to see Diego Costa before they know what they're doing.

Calm down guys, no one is having second thoughts. Diego Costa confirmed at the radio two or three days ago that from what he knows the deal is pretty much done and he is waiting for the green light to sign the papers.

The deal is stalling because Atletico's pre-season starts in a week and Simeone has asked the board to sign a centre forward by then. Atletico won't let Diego Costa go until they find a replacement for him (Negredo, Icardi or Lukaku).

Also Chelsea wants to sign Diego Costa, Filipe Luis and Tiago at the same time. The board has agreed personal terms with Diego Costa and Filipe, but there was a problem with Tiago, as Monaco and Zenit tried to hijack the deal in the last days. But there is no problem anymore - Tiago has agreed today to sign a two-year contract with Chelsea.

Now Chelsea will wait for Atletico to find a replacement for Diego Costa and then the board is free to announce the signings.

Calm down guys, no one is having second thoughts. Diego Costa confirmed at the radio two or three days ago that from what he knows the deal is pretty much done and he is waiting for the green light to sign the papers.

The deal is stalling because Atletico's pre-season starts in a week and Simeone has asked the board to sign a centre forward by then. Atletico won't let Diego Costa go until they find a replacement for him (Negredo, Icardi or Lukaku).

Also Chelsea wants to sign Diego Costa, Filipe Luis and Tiago at the same time. The board has agreed personal terms with Diego Costa and Filipe, but there was a problem with Tiago, as Monaco and Zenit tried to hijack the deal in the last days. But there is no problem anymore - Tiago has agreed today to sign a two-year contract with Chelsea.

Now Chelsea will wait for Atletico to find a replacement for Diego Costa and then the board is free to announce the signings.

Why just why the hell are we always getting stop gap players..

It could also be Atletico Madrid. Barca wanted to let Cesc go anyway so there wasn't an issue.

AtMadrid have to find replacements first both for Courtois and Costa (and Luis, if that's true). So they're probably not signing off until they've done their transfer business first, they've already let go of Villa.. I'm sure they don't want to see Diego Costa before they know what they're doing.

Was about to say the same...in fact have they sold anyone so far this season?

At least 3 key players of theirs are targeted by other clubs, and they also look set to lose Courtois back to us...That's a big change for any club in 1 transfer window.