Diego Costa

Spike

Lol @those rumours. Atletico are never gonna mess with us. We got the leverage as we got the money. We could simply take their best players away paying their release clauses. The same applies to Thibaut. if he continues his "no emotional connection to chelsea" BS, he risks his carreer. We could let him rot in the reserves the 2 years left on his contract and make him vannish into oblivion.

As for Costa, he will come here, if we want him to, for the price dictated by the buyout option. He's 25 and I know the body starts to decline from there on, but slowly at first. A player at 30 is, given he has not burned out his body already, not much slower than at 25. Esp strikers profit from experience when they get older. Miro klose, one of my favourite strikers played his best season with 29, also van persie was 30 when he won Utd the league, ribery hit his peak at 30. Costa is a late bloomer and not signing a player during his peak, only because he is 25 would be the wrong signal.

Cadena Cope (Spanish radio)

Diego Costa has rejected a new contract from Atletico that would have seen his salary doubled and his release clause increased. He will go to Chelsea.

Diego Costa rechaza la oferta de renovación del Atlético y se irá al Chelsea

And Courtois will be at Chelsea next season.

Courtois jugará la próxima temporada en el Chelsea, según adelantó Manolo Lama

Diego Costa has rejected a new contract from Atletico that would have seen his salary doubled and his release clause increased. He will go to Chelsea.

How reliable is?

Actually they are.

Cadena SER, El Confidencial, RTVE, Onda Cero, laSexta, Cadena Cope. They won't be right 10/10, but they are pretty much reliable sources.

Fair point. But news of Costa rejecting a new deal would be all over Spanish press I'd imagine. Always tomorrow though

Its clear Curtois will be playing for Atletico next season.

Diego Costa rechaza la oferta de renovaci¨®n del Atl¨¦tico y se ir¨¢ al Chelsea

Courtois jugar¨¢ la pr¨®xima temporada en el Chelsea, seg¨²n adelant¨® Manolo Lama

I believe this is why the deal is delaying.

Athletico was expecting us to take only costa in exchange for leaving courtois for one year with them, but it seems like we want to keep both. Thus athletico could really be trying to convince costa to stay if they are losing courtois anyway.

The most important thing in here, is that it seems Costa himself want to move. So I think it is just a matter of time until the deal announced.

Or he is ruled out for 2 months after aggravating his hamstring at WC and we end our interest.

Or he is ruled out for 2 months after aggravating his hamstring at WC and we end our interest.

Most likely it will be announced after WC anyway, unless he didn't make it, the announcement could be done faster. Part of me want to see him play in Brazil, but I would be happy too if he doesn't go, so that he could rest and get a proper treatment for his injury.