Diego Costa

Spike

It is possible and that is what we should do. Just that most of the people on here want to get excited by us announcing a big name signing, even though he might not turn out well. Always play it safe after the Torres incident imo, never rush again no matter if you are signing Hilario or Ronaldo.

I just posted my opinion. I believe, Chelsea must be careful with Costa. Just look at his stats of injuries for the past 2-3 years.

Of course he is, any player would. We should announce the deal right away, what if he has a great WC? Then his price will skyrocket.

And what if he pulls a torres and doesnt return after the world cup physically and perhaps even mentally as the same player then we have and are potentially stuck with yet another flop striker signing. No one can recover from 3 big money flops in a row. Sheva,torres. . . . .

Some people are that desperate for a striker that they are willing to risk another potential calamitious signing thay could have easily been avoided like the torres one with cautious and thorough risk assessment. Hope the club has learned its lesson.

And what if he pulls a torres and doesnt return after the world cup physically and perhaps even mentally as the same player then we have and are potentially stuck with yet another flop striker signing. No one can recover from 3 big money flops in a row. Sheva,torres. . . . .

Some people are that desperate for a striker that they are willing to risk another potential calamitious signing thay could have easily been avoided like the torres one with cautious and thorough risk assessment. Hope the club has learned its lesson.

Torres and Costa's are totally different, degenerative knee issues are much more serious than hamstring strains or even hamstring tears.

Torres and Costa's are totally different, degenerative knee issues are much more serious than hamstring strains or even hamstring tears.

Even if they are different it's still wise to conduct thorough risk assessment before committing to £32m investment.with our recent history with strikers, you can never be too cautious.

Crucially we have to get this signing absolutely spot on. The risk factor and impact of another flop striker signing will be devastating qns will set us back another few years like the torres one.

and costa only missed 3 league games. this season. and i think 2 were because of suspension.

torres missed 16 that season

https://in.news.yahoo.com/30-fernando-torres-very-much-202539061.html

Actually Torres admitted in his autobiography that it was his hamstring at WC 2010 which effectively made him lose his pace. The knee is just the icing on the cake, basically ending his level as a top class striker. It is so similar with Costa now it is not even funny except Costa hasn't picked up that knee injury yet.

His exact words are: "It was a real hammer blow,” Torres wrote in his autobiography. “…in my case, because it was my hamstring that was causing me problems – the muscle I live by, the one that gives you acceleration and speed."

https://in.news.yahoo.com/30-fernando-torres-very-much-202539061.html

Actually Torres admitted in his autobiography that it was his hamstring at WC 2010 which effectively made him lose his pace. The knee is just the icing on the cake, basically ending his level as a top class striker. It is so similar with Costa now it is not even funny except Costa hasn't picked up that knee injury yet.

His exact words are: "It was a real hammer blow,” Torres wrote in his autobiography. “…in my case, because it was my hamstring that was causing me problems – the muscle I live by, the one that gives you acceleration and speed."

torres was picking up hamstring injuries every month , costa just got one at the end of a tough season , like hazard's one that kept him out of the europa league final. only difference is we let him rest instead of expecting him to heal in a week.

so from now on, every striker signing will be started with "what if he does a torres". brilliant. judge a signing on what torres has done rather than seeing for urself how different the players are in style, fight, passion and almost every bloody sense.

some posters footballing knowldge is exactly 0.

torres was picking up hamstring injuries every month , costa just got one at the end of a tough season , like hazard's one that kept him out of the europa league final. only difference is we let him rest instead of expecting him to heal in a week.

Yes, the thing is HOW do we know this isn't a start of Costa hamstring issue? he has really been injured since that game against Barca in CL in April and now nearly 2 months he still hasn't fully recovered. How do we know it won't happen again in 3 weeks at WC for him?(if he does go). Torres was so similar with Costa at Atletico this season is that he was over reliance on and as a result overplayed, exactly like Costa is atm. No one is saying we should not sign him, we are simply suggesting it would be better to play safe and do the deal after the WC especially with his clause not going anywhere. Or is that too long and we must have that bright shiny announcement of a expensive player this week?

so from now on, every striker signing will be started with "what if he does a torres". brilliant. judge a signing on what torres has done rather than seeing for urself how different the players are in style, fight, passion and almost every bloody sense.

some posters footballing knowldge is exactly 0.

The context is similar so people are being paranoid, considering we signed 2 messed up expensive strikers before this.

Forever,

Can you tune us in on your footballing know how? Lol.

Some people are concerned about Costa's injuries. Why is this so hard to believe?

just like everyone was convinced demba ba's knee was set to explode. and all he got was a broken nose. if there really is a problem, then we wont sign him...hopefully

just like everyone was convinced demba ba's knee was set to explode. and all he got was a broken nose. if there really is a problem, then we wont sign him...hopefully

Costa was injured, approximately 2 years ago for almost 6 months. Now, that´s a concern to me.

I think we're just being over-cautious about Costa's Hamstring injury. Grade 1 isn't too bad, 2-3 weeks and you are back to your full fitness in a week. Though yes, Hamstring injuries can happen repeatedly, a prime example is Sergio Aguero around the closing stages of the season. So I think there's just a little panic, and I don't blame anyone. He'll be a good signing for us.

Costa was injured, approximately 2 years ago for almost 6 months. Now, that´s a concern to me.

For ACL right? Those aren't as bad as they used to be, especially when you're young. With everyones thought process on here we should sell.Hazard before he gets hurt again because it could be a recurring thing. Let's not get Vidal cause he's probably been injured before. Modric too, Shaw could get injured.