Diego Costa

Spike

Hope i am wrong but i don't think he will replicate anywhere near the success he has had at Alti this season. Simeone has really got the best out of him, he is talented but Atletico is a an amazing oiled machine they have been able to plug in players after player this season.

I also have concern over the success he has had against La liga defense. The majority of clubs play high line and Costa has exploited that. Also it would be interesting to see if he can bully PL defenses with his strength the same way he does La liga defense. There are things each league defense do better, but i feel Costa will not have the same success.

Soldado and Negredo lack of success also makes it more worrying, because i see similarity between the goals all three strikers have scored and situations they have been successful at. Soldado has made Ade look decent again lol, and Negredo had a quite a good stretch thanks to Aguaro blistering form in the beginning of the season.

1. Atletico system

2 La Liga vs PL defesnse differences

3. One really good season. Whatever you wanna say about his previous seasons, but by far he never played on the level he has this season.

Real concerns for me and i would have a hard time believing 35-40m for the player is a good buy.

But Diego Costa is 3 years younger than the two and appears to be a late bloomer like Drogba. He is faster, stronger and mentally sharper than Negredo and Soldado that is why I think he can acclimatize to the epl better.

His last match for this season. Probably will miss against Real. Can we have the announcement please?

It wouldn't be fair in my opinion. Let the club and the fans celebrate and the players concentrate on the final. The deal is probably done, they can announce it after the world cup, I don't give a shit.

It wouldn't be fair in my opinion. Let the club and the fans celebrate and the players concentrate on the final. The deal is probably done, they can announce it after the world cup, I don't give a shit.

That's me sold, fuck Vidal or Costa, Nolan and Carroll are on the market, 20m a pop.

The weird criticisms of this player continues. It seems opinion changes on him everyday. Newsflash, whether you like him or not, rate him or not, hate him or not, it all doesn't matter because this deal has already been completed a few months ago and will be announced in the period after the CL and before the World cup.

It's interesting to see the double standards some judge players by. On one hand, De Bruyne was over-hyped to high heaven despite doing nothing of note prior to this season. One would have thought he was the second coming of Brian Laudrup. Because of this, some even were against the signing of Schurrle at the time. Then you see a guy like Diego Costa who is no doubt the best striker in the best league in the world and has shown consistent improvement in his goal scoring record in the last 3 years still getting his ability questioned. When a striker scores 20 goals the season before as a winger more or less and scores 36 this season, his ability can't be questioned. If it was so simple to score, then all strikers will be scoring 30+ goals as well.

We should be lucky that none of the other top clubs are desperate for a WC striker and the transaction has been more or less straightforward with a reasonable price to boot (judging by market prices today) . Also, Mourinho sharing an agent with Costa might have helped smooth out proceedings.The people still moaning about Costa, who do you reckon we sign instead of him? Please give suggestions. It's easy to criticize but it's empty barrels making the loudest noise if you can't suggest solutions.

He so look like a monster truck with that age he be a legend like the drug lord of Chelsea I have a good feeling we have tap into atletico striker resource if u ask me. Not happy like that of aguero but costa will deliver to non believer surprise

The season is drawing to a close and Atletico have played at lot of games, I'm not surprised about these types of injury to the likes of Costa and Turan. Bodies are running on empty with one game to go for them.

I wouldn't worry too much. I think he will be a huge success here.

So suddenly Costa is 'injury prone' and people don't want him anymore? That's just ridiculous, he's been injured a lot in the last few months because Atletico can't afford to lose him as they don't have a good enough replacement so they've had to hurry him back too soon and it has backfired on them. That's what happened to Torres at Liverpool and it's one of the reasons why his decline was so rapid, only in his case the injuries were far more serious and this happened over a much longer period of time, but Costa having some niggling injuries for a couple of months doesn't really matter. If the deal is close to being done, the Chelsea medical staff will have a lot of time to do a thorough medical on him and assess his situation, with Torres I wouldn't be so sure they even did a medical at all before he signed because it was getting so late in the window. It's not too uncommon for players signed on deadline day to only have their's on the next morning because in normal cases where there are no problems, the medical is mostly done for insurance reasons only.

I'm sorry to say this, but some of people here are mentally disabled. Can you just try to use your brain for once? Costa is injury - prone, not PL proven, retarded, suffers with Daum syndrome, can't cook pancakes perhaps?! Christ sake, I swear you can be a real pain in the back side.