Diego Costa

Spike

The only capacity I could see Didier coming back as is as a coach.

I'd rather keep Lukaku than buy another number 2 striker as well. Unless Romelu really wants to go (which is nothing but unfounded rumours IMO) he'd be the ideal number 2 striker for us.

If they can get £25m+ for Lukaku i say let him go.

Diego Costa, Lukaku + X (someone like Eto'o would be perfect) for next season would be a massive, massive upgrade. I don't know why people think players like Bony, Mandzukic or Remy will come here as a 3rd choice striker... That's fantasy football right there.

Add a top CM and a top LB to that and we're set.

manchester shitty

Rob is a chelsea fan and close to José.

79_josemain_280x390_955909a.jpg

beasley_620x620_1649160a.jpg

He's also a big cunt and a crap journo. He works for the sun, FFS!

Beasley is, yet again, reporting common knowledge as news making it sound like some sort of scoop. Costa to Chelsea is one of the most likely transfers to happen. Any Chelsea fan would tell you that.

I see why there are doubts about signing this guy, I have them myself too.

You see, who did we have most problems with this season? Teams that sit back with 10 men and only attack (if, they do at all) on counter-attacks or spam long balls and try to win corners to score from them. West Ham, Palace and other fuckers...

And we did exactly the same in first leg in CL and Costa couldn't do fuck all. I know West Ham ain't Chelsea, but I would expect for striker with such pricetag to score even against teams that park the bus.

And please, don't bring that shit argument: 'Messi didn't score against us too'. That's the most stupid shit I've ever heard. Messi is one of the two best footballers in the world and he is proving it season after season. He may have a few bad months here and there, but most of the time he is the best footballer in the world.

Nobody heard about Costa until two seasons ago, so we don't know whether this season he is good just because of the way Simeone set up team or because he is actually good.

I see why there are doubts about signing this guy, I have them myself too.

You see, who did we have most problems with this season? Teams that sit back with 10 men and only attack (if, they do at all) on counter-attacks or spam long balls and try to win corners to score from them. West Ham, Palace and other fuckers...

And we did exactly the same in first leg in CL and Costa couldn't do fuck all. I know West Ham ain't Chelsea, but I would expect for striker with such pricetag to score even against teams that park the bus.

And please, don't bring that shit argument: 'Messi didn't score against us too'. That's the most stupid shit I've ever heard. Messi is one of the two best footballers in the world and he is proving it season after season. He may have a few bad months here and there, but most of the time he is the best footballer in the world.

Nobody heard about Costa until two seasons ago, so we don't know whether this season he is good just because of the way Simeone set up team or because he is actually good.

PL teams don't defend as extreme (or as well) as we did against Atletico in the first leg.

Also, Messi comparisons are off, fine, that was years ago. Let's bring up more recent examples. What about players like Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Cavani... Would you say they wouldn't be the answer either?

Us consistently breaking down 10 men doesn't solely come down to signing a good striker, people need to understand this. There's a lot more to be done in regards to that. It's about the general approach, the system you implement, having the right mix of players, overlapping fullbacks for width and angles to create passing lanes, great movement off the ball, a creative switch in the pivot and in the attacking midfield strata to find players in those passing lanes etc. There's much more to it than just signing a striker.

It's funny, you can tell that a lot that wanted him before didn't actually watch him. Too many on here are judging Costa off the two Atletico games. Before them there was almost an unanimous yes to the transfer.

Integral in the build-up to their first goal and wins a penalty (and scores under immense pressure) for the second.

Did more against us than Zlatan, Cavani and Suarez have this season and has done something Messi has never done #justsaying

Yea. David Luiz has more goals against Chelsea than Messi.

PL teams don't defend as extreme (or as well) as we did against Atletico in the first leg.

Also, Messi comparisons are off, fine, that was years ago. Let's bring up more recent examples. What about players like Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Cavani... Would you say they wouldn't be the answer either?

Us consistently breaking down 10 men doesn't solely come down to signing a good striker, people need to understand this. There's a lot more to be done in regards to that. It's about the general approach, the system you implement, having the right mix of players, overlapping fullbacks for width and angles to create passing lanes, great movement off the ball, a creative switch in the pivot and in the attacking midfield strata to find players in those passing lanes etc. There's much more to it than just signing a striker.

It's funny, you can tell that a lot that wanted him before didn't actually watch him. Too many on here are judging Costa off the two Atletico games. Before them there was almost an unanimous yes to the transfer.

I think people have gone off him more over the apparent £50million price tag than anything else. He's a quality finisher, I just hope he doesn't lose his patience if he comes here or we'll have a Balotelli on our hands.

Well, City are still splashing the cash on wages so they can do that, we've wised up now. And Manchester City consistently play with 2 strikers. So not really comparable.

who compare them? i reacted to your own post. short memory syndrome m8? :D JK

you said its fantasy having those like mandzukic to be 3rd choice striker. city has aguero, negredo, dzeko, jovetic. while the other 2 are 1st choice, the rest is 2nd and 3rd choice.

but yeah i agree your 1st argument. And they will regret that, as long as UEFA have the balls to stand what they said about FFP

Bmnx-zQCUAA9l_J.jpg

DONE DEAL: Diego Costa agrees to £35m Chelsea move according to @GoalUK and @TheSunFootball #CFC #Buzzing

Need more sources to said it's done but I have no doubt Diego Costa will be a Chelsea player next season. #CFC

Chelsea finally agree to sign Diego Costa in £32million transfer

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/02/chelse...nsfer-4716072/

ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer
A top Stamford Bridge source confirmed to the Sun last night: “Diego Costa will be a Chelsea player next season. It’s a done deal.” #CFC

ROB ‏@1RobBeasley
Jose's done the deal!!!!!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...co-Madrid.html

Well it really is looking like a done deal isn't it?

If he comes to Chelsea I think he deserves all of our support and a clean slate.

I hope he can do the business for us, and I have every confidence that he will :)

We need a LB first. Cole seems likely to leave. Azpi is better on the right. Makes sense to buy a good LB who can start regularly. Coentrao is unlikely to leave Madrid, but he'd be my first choice.

There is no order to what we need, we just need to get what is right and what fits.