Diego Costa

Spike

This post just oozes lack of knowledge about Brazil and its people and culture...

Not that you should know anything about us, we are fucking useless, but dont go heavily criticizing if you dont know the reasons behind it. Please!

One thing will already make you understand half of your doubts/critics you are having: Brazilian League IS valued by the people here!

What Jcar92 is trying to say is that the population and the media here puts pressure on the managers for some players to be called (200mi fanatics fans is a little bit different than in Scotland mate). So, if they dont watch Diego Costa, it is hard for him to be unanimosly amongst Brazilians...

So Brazil is the only nation in the world where there is pressure on the manager, that is fucking bullshit and you know that. There is pressure on the managers in most international teams, not at the same level due to their targets but the fans want to be happy but when it goes to the fact a player shouldn't be picked up due to the fact the fans won't know him then I'm sorry but that is the stupidest reason I've ever read for a player not to be called up.

I don't agree with any of that at all.

How is he a traitor to both teams? He was tossed aside without being given the same chance the likes of Jo or Fred was who are inferior players in an inferior league (no offence to the players or league). He wasn't called up for about a year, he was called back up because Spain only started putting in an interest in him so he declines Brazil because Spain want him and have spoke to him about this for a few months. He is choosing to play for Spain as he feels it is the best for his career and he feels more appreciated by Del Bosque.

If you're angry because he's already played for Brazil before blame FIFA's rules and not the actual player who is doing what he thinks if best for his career and if Del Bosque picks him frequently then it is completely understandable.

The things you agree with him are simply totally wrong!

You are basically saying fuck his notion of nation and lets play for whatever country he thinks he will have the better chance of playing/winning. This is absolutely disgusting!

And even putting the FIFA rules in the middle is pathetic. You dont do something moraly wrong because there is a law and consequences preventing you from doing so, you dont do it because it is wrong and end of story. This is why comunism is so utopic, btw!

I have no respect for guys who think like him (in that particular matter). Playing for a NT means a whole lot more than a professional benefit (well, it should), and the arguments you are using to defend him all go against that notion. You are defending him because he has the right to choose since its allowed. But I never said it was ilegal for him to play for Spain, I am saying it is moraly wrong. He is Brazilian when its convenient, but Spanish when its not. That is what I am mad at.

Everything just makes me have immense respect for the players who play for the country they feel they belong to, even though it is not what is best for them: Giggs, Bale, Moses, etc.

So Brazil is the only nation in the world where there is pressure on the manager, that is fucking bullshit and you know that. There is pressure on the managers in most international teams, not at the same level due to their targets but the fans want to be happy but when it goes to the fact a player shouldn't be picked up due to the fact the fans won't know him then I'm sorry but that is the stupidest reason I've ever read for a player not to be called up.

That is not what I was saying! You were giving an example about Scotland and I was saying it wouldnt cut it in Brazil....

You have no idea what it means to be a manager in Brazil (not specifically in the NT). You are using an European mentality to understand how things happens down here. This is what is stupid, not my argument!

There is real pressure in managers picking the players the media and the population wants and it really leads to sacking. You might not believe it because that is not how things happen in Europe, but it is how things happen here. So yeah, this is indeed an argument towards someone not being called.

People often ask why some players dont get called and the reason is because there isnt aclamation for them to be called. And because we have many players, there will always be one in the same position who will be popular amongst the fans. It is simple as that and it actually happens.

Also, that wasnt even my argument, I was just explaing what Jcar said.

I understand what you're saying but I strongly disagree. You made out that because the people don't know who he is, that he shouldn't be picked on that basis because people can't see him but they can see Jo and Fred. Since when was it that people who aren't the Brazil coach need to see a player for him to be picked? Its never worked like that so why do you keep implying that?

I don't want to offend you, but i think that you're not understanding my arguments... I never said that he shoudn't be called for not being know here. I was saying the motive for him not being famous here because i understood that you were saying that he shouldn't play for us for not being respected here, and that for this he should go for Spain. Even if he is not famous around here, he has to be called if he is good, that is the Coach work... Work that happended as he was called.

It seems that I'm still not ready to post in english... A lot of misunderstands today.

The things you agree with him are simply totally wrong!

You are basically saying fuck his notion of nation and lets play for whatever country I think I will have the better chance of playing/winning. This is absolutely disgusting!

And even outting the FIFA rules in the middle is pathetic. You dont do something moraly wrong because there is a law and consequences preventing you from doing so, you dont do it because it is wrong and end of story. That is why comunism is so utopic, btw!

I have no respect for guys who think like him (in that particular matter). Playing for a NT means a whole lot more than professional benefit (well, it should), and the arguments you are using to defend him all go against that notion.

Everything just makes me have immense respect for the players who play for the country they feel they belong to, even though it is not what is best for them: Giggs, Bale, Moses, etc.

I am not saying fuck his nation, I am saying that if his nation refuse to pick him when he feels he should be picked then why should he pledge his allegiance to that nation? Diego Costa is a good player who should have been playing for Brazil regularly for the last 2 years when you look at his performances and the strikers ahead of him. They wouldn't pick him for a year so hes been put off playing for them obviously because he doesn't feel like they want him. Its his choice, I agree with his decision, why should he say no to Spain if he has a better chance of playing for them?

FIFA rules are there for a reason, if the rule says he can change his allegiance then he can change his allegiance, he won't be the last player to do this and he certainly isn't the first.

That is not what I was saying! You were giving an example about Scotland and I was saying it wouldnt cut it in Brazil....

You have no idea what it means to be a manager in Brazil (not specifically in the NT). You are using an European mentality to understand how things happens down here. This is what is stupid, not my argument!

There is real pressure in managers picking the players the media and the population wants and it really leads to sacking. You might not believe it because that is not how things happen in Europe, but it is how things happen here. So yeah, this is indeed an argument towards someone not being called.

People often ask why some players dont get called and the reason is because there isnt aclamation for them to be called. And because we have many players, there will always be one in the same position who will be popular amongst the fans. It is simple as that and it actually happens.

Also, that wasnt even my argument, I was just explaing what Jcar said.

Well I'm not gonna lie but I find it extremely stupid that a manager has to pick certain players to keep the fans happy. Really strange. Fans are really important in footballl but fans don't pick the teams, fans don't train players to go and win world cups or confederation cups.

I don't want to offend you, but i think that you're not understanding my arguments... I never said that he shoudn't be called for not being know here. I was saying the motive for him not being famous here because i understood that you were saying that he shouldn't play for us for not being respected here, and that for this he should go for Spain. Even if he is not famous around here, he has to be called if he is good, that is the Coach work... Work that happended as he was called.

It seems that I'm still not ready to post in english... A lot of misunderstands today.

Mate your english is fine, don't worry we are just arguing about a specific topic.

Diego Costa is good, hes better than most of the strikers that Scolari will have the chance to call up for the world cup so its only obvious that he should have called him up for the last 2 years or whatever. I've seen a few Brazilians call him a cunt or a traitor, he is just doing what he feels he needs to do, which is play international football and compete against the best in the world. He was really only called by Brazil when Spain started to look at him a while back despite having scored 20 goals last season so its logical why hes turned Brazil down.

I am not saying fuck his nation, I am saying that if his nation refuse to pick him when he feels he should be picked then why should he pledge his allegiance to that nation? Diego Costa is a good player who should have been playing for Brazil regularly for the last 2 years when you look at his performances and the strikers ahead of him. They wouldn't pick him for a year so hes been put off playing for them obviously because he doesn't feel like they want him. Its his choice, I agree with his decision, why should he say no to Spain if he has a better chance of playing for them?

FIFA rules are there for a reason, if the rule says he can change his allegiance then he can change his allegiance, he won't be the last player to do this and he certainly isn't the first.

Well I'm not gonna lie but I find it extremely stupid that a manager has to pick certain players to keep the fans happy. Really strange. Fans are really important in footballl but fans don't pick the teams, fans don't train players to go and win world cups or confederation cups.

Mate your english is fine, don't worry we are just arguing about a specific topic.

Diego Costa is good, hes better than most of the strikers that Scolari will have the chance to call up for the world cup so its only obvious that he should have called him up for the last 2 years or whatever. I've seen a few Brazilians call him a cunt or a traitor, he is just doing what he feels he needs to do, which is play international football and compete against the best in the world. He was really only called by Brazil when Spain started to look at him a while back despite having scored 20 goals last season so its logical why hes turned Brazil down.

The coach at those times were Mano Menezes... Well, even if he wanted to play in the World Cup at any cost, he still had the chance to play against the best in the World with his Nation, and he turned it down. That's what makes me mad.

The coach at those times were Mano Menezes... Well, even if he wanted to play in the World Cup at any cost, he still had the chance to play against the best in the World with his Nation, and he turned it down. That's what makes me mad.

He turned his national down because they effectively turned him down by snubbing him for the Confederations Cup despite him being better than anything they had.

You are missing the point entirely...

1) Stop trying to view what is best for his career, international football is not about that. It is about playing for the country you feel you belong to. You keep talking about Spain being the best option for him to play, but what I am saying is that this isnt supposed to be the decisive factor. The factor should be playing for the country you feel you belong to and defending the colors of your nation.

2) When you look at his performances in 2013 and the competition available, he should be the starter for Brazil (no doubt). But that is why he was called, no? However, before that, there wasnt a big enough reason for Scolari to do so. He was even loaned out to Rayo Vallecano in 2012, no way he should have been called up for the past 2 years. You are making it as if Brazil lost the Conf Cup because Fred and Jo missed all their goal chances. It was not like that!

3) My problem with Diego Costa is the fact he doesnt respect neither Spain nor Brazil. All he wants is what is beneficial to his own purposes. He wants to be Brazilian when its convinient and Spanish when it is not. If he feels he is Spanish and belongs there (as he states in his letter to CBF), than why he played for Brazil? Forget the rules, I am not discussing whether it is legal or not. I am saying it is wrong. He shouldnt have played for Brazil if he looks himself as a Spaniard. All he did was use Brazil!

Whatever, continue the discussion via PM if you want to. I will educatedly continue to debate with you!...

It is stupid, dont need to try to be polite. It is fucking ridiculous...However, it is how things work here, so people post how they are!

For instance, Fernandinho might have played exceptionally well last season. But Felipao would NEVER leave Paulinho outside of the team when everyone here was praising him like hell. Even if he felt it was better for the team, he would never start a war with the media over one player.

So, that is why he would not call Diego Costa and leave Fred or Jo out if there wasnt anyone in the media or fanbase asking for him to be called. That is what I was saying, basically!

Well Thiago, Rafinha and Rodri were also born in brazil, but are now playing for spain...

Except for Rafinha, Im not sure he actualy played for either of them on pro level?

It's not like we need any of them either. And besides Thiago (but he's not a finished product) I don't think I'll ever think we should have secured them.

It's not like we need any of them either. And besides Thiago (but he's not a finished product) I don't think I'll ever think we should have secured them.

Thiago is a fucking great example that fits with the criticisms I have towards Diego Costa...

Thiago grew up in Spain (but even if he didnt) but have Brazilian parents. When it was time for him to choose between Brazil or Spain (both wanted him), he chose Spain because he clearly said he felt like a Spanish and not like a Brazilian.

The same can be said for Deco, he could have won trophies for Brazil, but decided to play for Portugal because he felt like he belonged there, he felt like it was his home.

That is how it is supposed to be, people play for a nation because its their homeland. Not, I repeat, not, because they will get more playing time or whatnot!!!

Well, you have plenty of options nowdays, brazil is finaly looking like good old brazil :)

Except for striker, you have big names like Pato, Damiao or Fred but they are all just above average. However as long it works for you, thats great. As for Costa, he would fit good in your team, but my opinion on all this is that Felipe called him back then for those friendlies and then just forget about him during Conf cup and brought Fred and Jo(?!) instead. Its not like they would be world class, while Costs was actualy inform. Anyway then Spain showed up with interest and Brazil did right after just because of spain. So I see no reason why should you guys be pissed about Costa, its Brazil NT fault to not call him earlier. I wont ever get why Felipe calls up many relatively unknown brasil serie a players (that dont even play much once they get call), but he leaves the likes of Willian, Fernandinho, Costa or even Felipe Luis or Hulk wait so long to get call.

Well, you have plenty of options nowdays, brazil is finaly looking like good old brazil :)

Except for striker, you have big names like Pato, Damiao or Fred but they are all just above average. However as long it works for you, thats great. As for Costa, he would fit good in your team, but my opinion on all this is that Felipe called him back then for those friendlies and then just forget about him during Conf cup and brought Fred and Jo(?!) instead. Its not like they would be world class, while Costs was actualy inform. Anyway then Spain showed up with interest and Brazil did right after just because of spain. So I see no reason why should you guys be pissed about Costa, its Brazil NT fault to not call him earlier. I wont ever get why Felipe calls up many relatively unknown brasil serie a players (that dont even play much once they get call), but he leaves the likes of Willian, Fernandinho, Costa or even Felipe Luis or Hulk wait so long to get call.

I really wish he would call Willian and Fernandinho and I've been saying that since I've seen them playing for Shaktar last year.

I really wish he would call Willian and Fernandinho and I've been saying that since I've seen them playing for Shaktar last year.

They should both be starting or on the verge of IMO, especially Fernandinho. They should definitely be in the squad already.

This *could've* been Brazil's team:

Costa

Neymar - Oscar - Lucas

Fernandinho - Ramires

Marcelo Luiz Silva Alves

Cesar

With the likes of Willian, Hulk, Dante, Paulinho etc. on the bench to switch it about...

It's very solid.

They should both be starting or on the verge of IMO, especially Fernandinho. They should definitely be in the squad already.

This *could've* been Brazil's team:

Costa

Neymar - Oscar - Lucas

Fernandinho - Ramires

Marcelo Luiz Silva Alves

Cesar

With the likes of Willian, Hulk, Dante, Paulinho etc. on the bench to switch it about...

It's very solid.

I would still have Luiz Gustavo instead of either Fernandinho or Ramires for that extra bit of defensiveness. And he's also an offensive asset, he has good passing range on him. I'm a huge fan, the guy is a beast. Not so sure about Lucas either... but it may be worth a shot. I have nothing to say about the others. They really seem to be the best choices for those positions.

I would still have Luiz Gustavo instead of either Fernandinho or Ramires for that extra bit of defensiveness. And he's also an offensive asset, he has good passing range on him. I'm a huge fan, the guy is a beast. Not so sure about Lucas either... but it may be worth a shot. I have nothing to say about the others. They really seem to be the best choices for those positions.

Does Paulinho not start anymore ?

I wouldnt want rambo to start for brazil....As much as I like rambo, he can't pass...

I would prefer gustavo-paulinho-oscar

with rambo/ hernandes first off the bench...

brazil is stacked in the cm and cb position.

I wouldnt want rambo to start for brazil....As much as I like rambo, he can't pass...

I would prefer gustavo-paulinho-oscar

with rambo/ hernandes first off the bench...

brazil is stacked in the cm and cb position.

I'm definitely seeing an improvement on his passes. Against City they were sublime (talking about Rambo).