Diego Costa

Spike

Last 3 seasons

Costa - 77 goals in 133 games

Suarez - 86 goals in 124 games

Aguero - 77 goals in 116 games

Benzema - 66 goals in 148 games

but yeah I'm the crazy one Costa clearly isn't on their level. I also forgot to mention that in 1 of Costa's last 3 seasons he didn't even play as a striker, he played on the wing or behind Falcao in 2012/13, which makes Costa's goal return look even more impressive, especially when you compare it with Benzema who I have seen a few people say is better then Costa, Benzema has played more and scored 10 less and then you factor in Costa only played as a striker in 2 of his last 3 seasons, you do the maths.

and then factor in what Costa has achieved in the last 3 seasons (guiding Atletico to the Copa del rey, scoring past Real in the final, guides Atleti to the La Liga title, which shouldn't be underestimated just how big an achievement that was, then guiding Atletico to the CL final, scoring 8 goals along the way, and probably would have won it had he not been injured, then moves to another country, in another league where he can't even speak English, settles immediately and scores for fun en route to the PL title, not to mention scoring at Wembley in the League Cup Final also.)

but yeah Costa clearly isn't on their level. The fact no one seems to be able to give any reasons why Costa isn't one of the very best in World football speaks volumes.

I apologize if you think I'm being rude its not my intention, I just want people to back up their opinions and not just name random strikers and tell me they are better then Costa.

np. i just think so , because his shooting seems very basic. only 1 goal outside the box in like 3 seasons. people like remy are much more dangerous with their shots.

he is still one of the best , but i feel this is a major weakness

Last 3 seasons

Costa - 77 goals in 133 games

Suarez - 86 goals in 124 games

Aguero - 77 goals in 116 games

Benzema - 66 goals in 148 games

but yeah I'm the crazy one Costa clearly isn't on their level. I also forgot to mention that in 1 of Costa's last 3 seasons he didn't even play as a striker, he played on the wing or behind Falcao in 2012/13, which makes Costa's goal return look even more impressive, especially when you compare it with Benzema who I have seen a few people say is better then Costa, the guy has played more and scored 10 less and then you factor in Costa only played as a striker in 2 of his last 3 seasons, you do the maths.

and then factor in what Costa has achieved in the last 3 seasons (guiding Atletico to the Copa del rey, scoring past Real in the final, guides Atleti to the La Liga title, which shouldn't be underestimated just how big an achievement that was, then guiding Atketico to the CL final, scoring 8 goals along the way, and probably would have won it had he not been injured, then moves to another country, in another league where he can't even speak English, settles immediately and scores for fun en route to the PL title, not to mention scoring at Wembley in the League Cup Final also.)

but yeah Costa clearly isn't on their level. I'm now done with this debate as no one seems to be able to give any reasons why Costa isn't one of the very best in World football.

Well said. :clap:

Can't believe you had Lacazette up there as a striker who is better than Costa. Are you serious?

no idea, I don't watch football 20 hours a day. he scored over 30 goals, so I add him to the list, of strikers who might be better

no idea, I don't watch football 20 hours a day. he scored over 30 goals, so I add him to the list, of strikers who might be better

A lot of them were penalties tbh. I rate him but he is not in the same league as Costa right now imo. Like Costa, Lacazette has not started the season well too and has not scored a goal so far this season.

Cavani yes...

He has the same intangibles as Costa but better technique..... Costa might have better accuracy and speed, but everything else I rate Cavani over Costa even when he was out of form last season.

Cavani is so shit. Lol. He needs 20 chances to put one away. Not even the best striker on his team.

Look Costa simply isn't WC by any stretch of the imagination. I couldn't care less about his goal record, Mario Gomez also had an insane record a few years ago as did Huntelaar.

You say he didn't get any chances but I remember Hazard & Ivanovic putting him through in each half & him making a complete mess out of it. Unless he's spoonfed he usually doesn't score. World Class strikers can create their own chances for themselves & others. Costa can't. He gets regularly bossed by defenders that can match his overrated physicality as well. None of that aggro nonsense works in England.

Would Barca, Bayern or Madrid sign a footballer like Diego Costa? We all know the answer.

This is a World Class striker. Zero goals yet still put in an elite performance.

He should not be compared to drogba...drogba's hold up play and link up with other players is on another level...Not to mention his aerial ability...costa despite his decent height could not win one aerial duel...even lukaku is better than him in this regard

Look Costa simply isn't WC by any stretch of the imagination. I couldn't care less about his goal record, Mario Gomez also had an insane record a few years ago as did Huntelaar.

You say he didn't get any chances but I remember Hazard & Ivanovic putting him through in each half & him making a complete mess out of it. Unless he's spoonfed he usually doesn't score. World Class strikers can create their own chances for themselves & others. Costa can't. He gets regularly bossed by defenders that can match his overrated physicality as well. None of that aggro nonsense works in England.

Would Barca, Bayern or Madrid sign a footballer like Diego Costa? We all know the answer.

This is a World Class striker. Zero goals yet still put in an elite performance.

Would Barca, Bayern or Real sign Costa, of course they would! if Costa handed in a transfer request and we accepted it, every top club in Europe would be queing up to sign him. i dont know whether you are just trolling or actually believe they wouldnt want to sign him.

Would Barca, Bayern or Real sign Costa, of course they would! if Costa handed in a transfer request and we accepted it, every top club in Europe would be queing up to sign him. i dont know whether you are just trolling or actually believe they wouldnt want to sign him.

Your post is about as deluded as they get, so now Costa is better than Benzema and Suarez and Lewandowski because those 3 won't bother to sign anyone that is not better than those 3.

At 1st I thought you were being sarcastic but then the 2nd part means you are actually serious, talk about level of delusion.

Comparing Diego to Drogba is unfair, for a good stretch of time DD was the best striker around in my opinion. And yes Costa is not bad himself, i'm really happy he's at our club, he's the least of our worries right now.

Your post is about as deluded as they get, so now Costa is better than Benzema and Suarez and Lewandowski because those 3 won't bother to sign anyone that is not better than those 3.

At 1st I thought you were being sarcastic but then the 2nd part means you are actually serious, talk about level of delusion.

I think Costa is certainlly better then Benzema and Lewandowski, as for Barca signing him he doesnt have to be better then Suarez, if Costa was available and Barca wanted to sign another striker, they would of course sign Costa.

how about trying to explain your opinion instead of calling people deluded. Because i read a lot of your posts and on many occasions have laughed at how bizarre they, i used to think you were just trolling but realised you are actually serious, i would put you on ignore but some of your posts are too comical to be ignored.

He's just another player picking up his wages this week

He tried and failed - I think he's also given up!

Its hard to be the one motivated player in the group when everyone else is losing their heads...

Costa's no Drogba, but he could still turn half chances into goals in the previous season.

Costa's ineffectiveness in front of goal is just another symptom of our play this season...

Mourinho after today was saying that we were punished harshly for mistakes made in defense...but what about our lackluster play up front? That can't be just down to simple "mistakes" can it?