Diego Costa

Spike

Eh, fair enough. However the number of games he has played without scoring is growing with no signs of him breaking it.

No more bully mode for Costa and get back to do what he does best and that is scoring!

Costa is miles behind Aguero is unreal and yesterday it was so obvious.

Didn't he hit the post yesterday? And he looked threatening vs Swansea? Maybe my standards have gone down after the Shiite Remy and Falcao served up at Wembley but I see no real cause for concern just yet.

Maybe Costa offers more all around. But I know Remy would score the same amount of goals as Costa if given the same minutes without all the drama. Depends if you like all the drama. It can be useful at times but recently I've found it detrimental.

There's There's big difference between filling in and doing a job and performing and bringing home the goods as a number 1, Hernandez prime example.

Even when Remy played last season as decent job he did we still missed Costas movement and intelligent play badly.

Hitting the bar one time in the match doesn't make him threatening...if so Falcao was a threat when he played against us last season.

And looking like a threat is different from being an actual threat. As the old saying goes, "looks can be deceiving".

I really can't remember much on what he did v. Swansea. It was all about Oscar (and Eva) that match.

I still saw the games and thought his General play was decent, he still makes good decisions on the ball in terms of whether to pass, run, shoot etc (whixh is my main gripe with the other two) as shown with Hazards chance yesterday, that was down to Costas quick thinking and like I said just now, Remy had a chance to put Hazard in goal at Wembley and blew it.

every top striker has droughts.

We specialize in them.

I love Costas fighting character. I love his spirit.

The guy is a finisher thats 1. not finishing 2. Not being fed the ball enough by our uncreative support team.

Tho Sunday he did miss a couple of good crosses because he wa in fighting Costa mode and Im not making no excuses for him but WHEN hes on form I wouldnt swap him for owt.

The problem we got is ALL our lads are misfiring at the same time. (We was slagging the fuck out of the north Londoners last seaon for exactly the same prpblem). We got hazard who even when hes not marked out of the game isn't on form. We got Matic who hasn't shown any energy or drive at all this year. Cescy who has always been one of my fave players also has something else going on. Thats without getting into our defenders,RM and CAM.

A BIG problem we have is that none of these players have any competition. They dont seem to have the passion or hunger necessary. They KNOW they will be selected as its the only fuckin starting XI Mou does pick. Yet on varios occasions early in the last 2 seasons hes stated he ENJOYS having team selection worries.

When these guys fail to turn up then we have absolutely no inspiration or creativity.

the lads need either a size 13 aimed for their Khybers or they need someone breathing down their necks fighting for their places.

He makes so many runs just to be ignored by our so called "creative" players.

This. There was also one moment against City where he made a great run and Willian sent an idiotic pass. Costa turned back and started shouting at poor fella :D

This. There was also one moment against City where he made a great run and Willian sent an idiotic pass. Costa turned back and started shouting at poor fella :D

Costa does that quite a lot with his teammates. You can only imagine the verbals Torres would have been on the recieving end off.

I think he is my favorite Chelsea player at the moment. I love Terry but that's different.

Whenever I see him in our starting lineup I'm very happy and I can understand really well how is it to battle through life with various thing from a poor background.

Found this awesome pic I'll use for my avatar from now on.

leschampions__diego_costa_chelsea_by_aky

original post