Diego Costa

Spike

If the worse case scenario, we could recall Bamford (hopefully we invoked that clause, if not recall back in January) and then have Remy/Falcao/Bamford, which surely should give us enough goals to support our title defense.

José admitting he's concerned about Costa.

I'm very worried myself. It's going to be like the second half of last season where everyone holds their breath each time he plays because we'll be worried about him pulling up with another hamstring injury.

I doubt we'll see him any time soon. If he comes back too soon he'll just re-injure himself within a game or two and be out longer.

Great... <_<

If the worse case scenario, we could recall Bamford (hopefully we invoked that clause, if not recall back in January) and then have Remy/Falcao/Bamford, which surely should give us enough goals to support our title defense.

I dunno.. Costa was very vital for us and I dont feel like Remy \ Falcao could feel that void.

Unless one of them suprises big time.

I am not sure we can recall Bamford ,,

Mourinho reported Victor Moses is fine and he also explained why he couldnt say whether Diego Costa would be fit for the weekend

I wont risk my reputation again. You asked me before last weekend and I told you he was ready to play. He wasnt. I dont know. I dont risk saying yes, and I dont risk saying no. On Friday at the next press conference I think I will tell you again that I dont know.

I smell something fishy

So we have best doctor team in the country and they can't solve his injury problems for 3 months... Now it's going to be just like last season, when we will never know wether he is playing or not...and he will never be 100% fit for any of the games..

Am I the only one here who thinks Mourinho just bring this injured Costa bullshit so he can play him *surprisingly* against City?

Hmm, its quite obvious that Costa is infact having problems with his hamstring, dont u think ?

We all know that SOME players dont recover after surgery (no names mentioned) but I think if I was Costa I would have rather taken the risk and have jumped up on that operating table as soon as the Palace game finished and have recuperated till the new season than to go through all the shit and pain he went thru last season.

Its clear to see that the gamble taken to rest up just has not worked. And whether it was a joint club/med team/Costa/private Dr decision or what its meaning we are going to be in a tough position. Specially with each one of our AMs either in dreamtime or just dont offer enough offensively we might be buggered!!

We laugh all the time at Sturridge's situation at Liverpool but the fact that we got a similar injury prone striker on our own is ironic. Honestly if this season ends with him getting less than 15 goals and playing less than 30 matches with Falcao/Remy struggling in big matches I really hope we blow 40m next summer on a YOUNG INJURY FREE STRIKER who just had a good season, maybe Lacazette if he has a great season again.