test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

19. Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

8,475 posts in this topic

I'm actually quite happy if he stays,  rather keep Costa than spend 100m on Lukaku.  As long as Costa keeps his head down and stop looking for a transfer away in the next transfer window again. 

Fernando likes this

21 minutes ago, Thendo said:

I'm actually quite happy if he stays,  rather keep Costa than spend 100m on Lukaku.  As long as Costa keeps his head down and stop looking for a transfer away in the next transfer window again. 

As long as ATM does not screw with us again *fixed

Chelsea? likes this

Look at the fight he showed after we went down to 10 men. He may have quiet periods in the season, but when he's "on it", he's utterly unplayable. Took his goal very well (his first touch was Drogba-esque), and only a super block by Ospina denied him a second. One of very few players who can hold their head up high after that shambles at Wembley yesterday.

2 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Look at the fight he showed after we went down to 10 men. He may have quiet periods in the season, but when he's "on it", he's utterly unplayable. Took his goal very well (his first touch was Drogba-esque), and only a super block by Ospina denied him a second. One of very few players who can hold their head up high after that shambles at Wembley yesterday.

Actually he completely scuffed his shot for the first one shot straight into the direction of ospina and the deflection bailed him out. The second one was the exact same. Straight at ospina but no deflection. Tbf his control was world class in both cases.

i still hope he leaves or at least we buy a proper striker. Going into the cl with bats and costa as our strike force is suicide.

Styles likes this

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

The goal masked his performance. Played the same way he has for a number of months now and that Arsenal defence dealt with him with ease.

Fucking hell pal give him a break!

He could've done with some help up front he was running a lone battle, Hazard was doing nothing and Pedro running around around like a headless chicken, Moses probably having his worst game ever for us as a WB, and basicly the rest of 'em playing like shit, looked like they all had done to much out on the razzle, originally I really could never see us losing the final, I never visualised a fucking woeful performance from them as they did.

It's not just you there's to many supporters giving him a tough time, unwarranted in my opinion.

But I suppose in reality supporters of any club will never agree on their players, who they want, who they don't want.

Regards: hes1ofus

Fucking hell pal give him a break!
He could've done with some help up front he was running a lone battle, Hazard was doing nothing and Pedro running around around like a headless chicken, Moses probably having his worst game ever for us as a WB, and basicly the rest of 'em playing like shit, looked like they all had done to much out on the razzle, originally I really could never see us losing the final, I never visualised a fucking woeful performance from them as they did.
It's not just you there's to many supporters giving him a tough time, unwarranted in my opinion.
But I suppose in reality supporters of any club will never agree on their players, who they want, who they don't want.
Regards: hes1ofus

He had a break from Jan to March - April. Most of the team didn't deliver unfortunately, but he was effectively marked out the final by someone out for a number of months. I don't remember him trying to run behind their defence on many, if any occasions.

Still believe Michy should have started for obvious reasons. He got brought on for 5 mins instead.

I would still keep him if it´s possible. We won´t get a better replacement this summer. He also tends to rise to the occasion, which is all we need when we reach late CL stages.

Fernando likes this

59 minutes ago, the wes said:

Atletico Madrid interested in re-signing Diego Costa 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-news-diego-costa-future-transfer-atletico-madrid-resigning-a7760856.html

According to this link A.Madrid are not willing to spend more £20m on Costa 

Lol they expect to pay less than we did for him? :lol:

Clockwork and xPetrCechx like this

24 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

Lol they expect to pay less than we did for him? :lol:

The report has to be false, they paid more then that for Kévin Gameiro last season who is older and nowhere near as good as Costa.

I'm happy with him staying and I'm also happy to keep Batshuayi as our #2, not sure if that's a popular opinion though tbh. I do think the Batsman can play more next year when Diego has his patches of bad form that come every year.

1 minute ago, Kieran. said:

I'm happy with him staying and I'm also happy to keep Batshuayi as our #2, not sure if that's a popular opinion though tbh. I do think the Batsman can play more next year when Diego has his patches of bad form that come every year.

I'd happily see him stay if we also brought in another 15-20 goal scoring attacking player. If not an out and out striker then a hybrid forward like Alexis or Morata.

Sounds like Chelsea will buy a striker this summer, keep Diego for another season (maybe), then sell. 

I would rather be rid of him, but please don't give him another contract if he does stay a little longer.

We need a better striker, period.