Diego Costa

Spike

That is what makes me lose my temper. How did you all get to that conclusion? Huh?

Well he played well last season and scored what was it 20 goals? Where was his call up to play at the Confederations Cup? He didn't get one despite you could say a good CF, or a different sort of CF to Fred, being the Brazilian national teams weakpoint. Obviously he has to wait to gain Spanish citizenship so perhaps he couldn't have played for them or perhaps he could have but still by picking Spain he obviously feels he is valued more and wanted more doesn't he? Why else would he pick to play for them?

Well he played well last season and scored what was it 20 goals? Where was his call up to play at the Confederations Cup? He didn't get one despite you could say a good CF, or a different sort of CF to Fred, being the Brazilian national teams weakpoint. Obviously he has to wait to gain Spanish citizenship so perhaps he couldn't have played for them or perhaps he could have but still by picking Spain he obviously feels he is valued more and wanted more doesn't he? Why else would he pick to play for them?

my God, would you rather play for who want you more than from were you are? Patriotic indeed.

But he could have been called by Del Bosque as well and was also snubed. We had Fred, Spain didnt even had a single decent striker at the Conf Cup. Brazil, as of now, has called Diego twice. Spain never did, they only started insinuating the possibility weeks ago!

Mate, just answer me with all your honest: was there any reason to call Diego Costa before the start of this season to play for the five time champions that Brazil is? Players must prove themselves before playing for their nation and not the other way around.

But above all, your nation is where you feel at home, where you feel you belong. Not the team who you think you will play the most or the team you think will have more chances of winning.

Anyways, my problems with Diego Costa are all stated in both my and Barbara's posts above, so I wont prolong myself. I just cant see how people are reacting as if Brazil and Scolari are some sort of vilan...

my God, would you rather play for who want you more than from were you are? Patriotic indeed.

Well me, if I were in Diego Costa's situation, I'd rather play for someone who appreciates me more. The fact Scolari has constantly picked strikers like Jo and Fred ahead of him for however long is ridiculous. Why would you be patriotic if you feel that country hasn't neccessairly wanted you despite being one of your countrys top performing strikers?

Well me, if I were in Diego Costa's situation, I'd rather play for someone who appreciates me more. The fact Scolari has constantly picked strikers like Jo and Fred ahead of him for however long is ridiculous.

A typical answer from someone who has got no clue of what happens in Brazil!

Fred and Jo were on fire at the time they were called. And if you ask me, they delivered beyond expected in the Confederations Cup. They did a better job than Diego Costa would, so dont call it ridiculous if you didnt watch them playing for their clubs...

But he could have been called by Del Bosque as well but was also snubed. We had Fred, Spain didnt even had a single decent striker at the Conf Cup. Brazil, as of now, has called Diego twice. Spain never did, they only started insinuating the possibility weeks ago!

Mate, just answer me with all your honest: was there any reason to call Diego Costa before the start of this season to play for the five time champions that Brazil is? Players must prove themselves before playing for their nation and not the other way around.

But above all, your nation is where you feel at home, where you feel you belong. Not the team who you think you will play the most or the team you think will have more chances of winning.

Anyways, my problems with Diego Costa are all stated in both my and Barbara's posts above, so I wont prolong myself. I just cant see how people are reacting as if Brazil and Scolari is some sort of vilan...

Maybe Del Bosque could have called him, I'm trying to read up to see if I can dig anything up on when he gained Spanish citizenship.

According to something of the BBC website, Del Bosque would of had to wait for FIFA to clear him to switch his allegiance from Brazil to Spain anyway as he had to in the last international break but the fact stands that Scolari only used him twice last year and basically threw him aside despite the obvious fact that Brazil is really lacking a good striker.

Well Diego Costa in 2012/13 scored 20 goals in all competitions, playing at a much much higher level of football than the regular strikers picked by Scolari (Jo and Fred), how does that not warrant a call up for Brazil? I would like to know how 20 goals in a single season from a good player playing in Spain's top flight and European football, shouldn't result in a call up? Are Brazil such a footballing super power that they shouldn't be calling him up? No. If you have a player scoring 20+ goals in a single season and he's playing for a good team in a very high standard of league you should call him up.

Brazil may be his home but still do you think that he appreciates being picked for a game or two games maybe a year and a half ago and then not being called up against despite having a successful season? Hes been living in Spain for something like 7 years now, its a second home to him, Brazil basically shut the door on him after not picking him for the Confed Cup, Spain became interested and he obviously felt he wouldn't get many games for Brazil after not being picked for the Confed Cup so why can't he accept Spains proposal of playing for them?

Scolari isn't being made out to be a villain, just everyone making Costa being out to be a complete cunt is uncalled for. Hes doing what he feels he should do, he obviously wants to play international football and feels he will get more of a chance for Spain.

Just my two cents on it anyway.

Well me, if I were in Diego Costa's situation, I'd rather play for someone who appreciates me more. The fact Scolari has constantly picked strikers like Jo and Fred ahead of him for however long is ridiculous. Why would you be patriotic if you feel that country hasn't neccessairly wanted you despite being one of your countrys top performing strikers?

My God, you didn't even denied... The majority of the Brazilians do not have the conditions to see the "La Liga" just like the People from Spain can't watch the "Brasileirão" all the time... Even if the media shows it, Diego never played in Brazil, so the People don't know him... And how can you say that Brazil don't value him if only one person can make the lists? And he has little chances to see the players and he called him twice! Anyway, i would go for Brazil even if i knew that the call was just for make me stay far away from Spain, i would take any chance to stay with one place in the NT on WC.

I don't get the mentioning of Fred tbh, he's far from being an elite striker, but he seems to get a "lot" of goals for Brazil. Costa would be an improvement, but him choosing Spain doesn't matter much.. The current team has improved as a whole (in the beggining of the year they were pretty bad) and has great chemistry. How would Costa fit in?

My God, you didn't even denied... The majority of the Brazilians do not have the conditions to see the "La Liga" just like the People from Spain can't watch the "Brasileirão" all the time... Even if the media shows it, Diego never played in Brazil, so the People don't know him... And how can you say that Brazil don't value him if only one person can make the lists? And he has little chances to see the players and he called him twice! Anyway, i would go for Brazil even if i knew that the call was just for make me stay far away from Spain, i would take any chance to stay with one place in the NT on WC.

What so the almighty 5 times world champions Brazil cannot send someone to watch Diego Costa in Spain? Or Scolari can't go there himself? Jesus fucking christ. Other national team coaches go to watch players they are interested in play in other countries.....

Also since when did the Brazilian people pick the Brazil squad? Recently Scotland picked a lad who plays for Watford that nobody had ever fucking heard of, hes played 3 games for Scotland but hes been brilliant. Its not upto the Scottish public to pick the team is it, same with Brazil, same with England, same with Tunisia, same with fucking anybody.

Yous are all posting stuff about Diego Costa being a cunt but Scolari refused to pick him so when Costa declines to play for Brazil how does he become a cunt or whatever? Would also like to know that, how is someone a cunt for exercising his right to chose between 2 top national teams?

Like Deco? I don't think so. Probably because we didn't feel like we needed him and also because that player would not be strengthening one of the biggest contenders to take the cup in our country when we sorely need good strikers and the WC is just around the corner.

Well Thiago, Rafinha and Rodri were also born in brazil, but are now playing for spain...

Except for Rafinha, Im not sure he actualy played for either of them on pro level?

What so the almighty 5 times world champions Brazil cannot send someone to watch Diego Costa in Spain? Or Scolari can't go there himself? Jesus fucking christ. Other national team coaches go to watch players they are interested in play in other countries.....

What? You can't be serious... Can't you understand what i am saying? He fucking called him! Felipao called him so Of course Felipao watched him! I'm speaking about the People from Brazil, not about the coach of the National Team!

Well Thiago, Rafinha and Rodri were also born in brazil, but are now playing for spain...

Except for Rafinha, Im not sure he actualy played for either of them on pro level?

Thiago was born in Italy and his parents are brazilians. Rafinha already spoke that he will play for Brazil and Rodrigo is a mistery, he can be called for both countrys.

What? You can't be serious... Can't you understand what i am saying? He fucking called him! Felipao called him so Of course Felipao watched him! I'm speaking about the People from Brazil, not about the coach of the National Team!

I understand what you're saying but I strongly disagree. You made out that because the people don't know who he is, that he shouldn't be picked on that basis because people can't see him but they can see Jo and Fred. Since when was it that people who aren't the Brazil coach need to see a player for him to be picked? Its never worked like that so why do you keep implying that?

Also since when did the Brazilian people pick the Brazil squad? Recently Scotland picked a lad who plays for Watford that nobody had ever fucking heard of, hes played 3 games for Scotland but hes been brilliant. Its not upto the Scottish public to pick the team is it, same with Brazil, same with England, same with Tunisia, same with fucking anybody.

This post just oozes lack of knowledge about Brazil and its people and culture...

Not that you should know anything about us, we are fucking useless, but dont go heavily criticizing if you dont know the reasons behind it. Please!

One thing will already make you understand half of your doubts/critics you are having: Brazilian League IS valued by the people here!

What Jcar92 is trying to say is that the population and the media here puts pressure on the managers for some players to be called (200mi fanatics fans is a little bit different than in Scotland mate). So, if they dont watch Diego Costa, it is hard for him to be unanimosly amongst Brazilians...

Yous are all posting stuff about Diego Costa being a cunt but Scolari refused to pick him so when Costa declines to play for Brazil how does he become a cunt or whatever? Would also like to know that, how is someone a cunt for exercising his right to chose between 2 top national teams?

This:

I dont think he has any right to do so because he already played for Brazil when no one in Spain wanted him!

It is a superb hipocracy to play for two countries. You either feel you belong to one nation or another. You cant go choosing one country after have already participated in a different country before. This isnt club football!!!

My problem is not with players wanting to player for X, Y or Z. If you have the citzenship, than it is up to you. However, the reasons behind the decision must be cultural and sentimental, not in any way professional.

There are many, many, example of players who were born in one country but play for another. That is fine by me. But Diego Costa's situation is a whole lot different!!!

The fucking traitor that Diego is has no respect for either Brazil nor Spain. He is just using them both to elevate his career and decided to go for the one he thinks he has more chances of being a starter. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

International football is all about representing your nation (be that the one you were born or not). And not just another tournament for players to want to participate in. That is why I have so much respect for the likes of Giggs, Bale, etc, and no respect for Diego Costa.

As a citizen of Brazil And Spain (I can prove that for you if you dont believe), I feel absolutely insulted by Diego Costa playing for either one!!!!

This:

I don't agree with any of that at all.

How is he a traitor to both teams? He was tossed aside without being given the same chance the likes of Jo or Fred was who are inferior players in an inferior league (no offence to the players or league). He wasn't called up for about a year, he was called back up because Spain only started putting in an interest in him so he declines Brazil because Spain want him and have spoke to him about this for a few months. He is choosing to play for Spain as he feels it is the best for his career and he feels more appreciated by Del Bosque.

If you're angry because he's already played for Brazil before blame FIFA's rules and not the actual player who is doing what he thinks if best for his career and if Del Bosque picks him frequently then it is completely understandable.