Diego Costa

Spike

Meh one thing is he looks like he is genuinely injury prone ever since that hamstring at the end of last season. I think he is like a RVP/Robben now, needs to be managed carefully or he will keep picking up injuries. I would say hopefully Drogba retires so we can go for someone like Lacazette to challenge Costa for the spot/in case of injury. Remy is a great player but not really good enough to lead the line for us in the biggest games in CL unless he undergoes a Sturridge like transformation from here on.

Meh one thing is he looks like he is genuinely injury prone ever since that hamstring at the end of last season. I think he is like a RVP/Robben now, needs to be managed carefully or he will keep picking up injuries. I would say hopefully Drogba retires so we can go for someone like Lacazette to challenge Costa for the spot/in case of injury. Remy is a great player but not really good enough to lead the line for us in the biggest games in CL unless he undergoes a Sturridge like transformation from here on.

We'll see. Talks of surgery have been uttered to rectify his hamstrings.

2015%2F3%2FPOTY2.jpg

He and pretty much almost similar as the beginning of the season, around the same conversion rate of chances provided to him (26%). We've just not been attacking as we used to in the beginning of the season and the rest of the team all lost form. 6 goals in 7 matches in 2015 for the so called bad form. If he didn't get that 3 match ban, he'll probably have scored 21 goals by now.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/03/ask-statman.html

To finish this Ask Statman and bringing us pretty much back up to date, Mario Antoine wants confirmation that Diego Costa was credited with the second goal in our Capital One Cup victory over Spurs at Wembley.

Indeed he was so he has 20 goals to his name so far this season, 19 in the Premier League.

Season over. I would get surgery next week and rather be out for 5 months now, come back for the bginning of next season.

That would be for the best.

I am sure we can hold on to the league without him. Let him rest and come back healthy next season.

Remy seems to be decent for remaining games IMO, we dont have too hectic schedule either.

It would be better for Costa to take surgery, heal properly and get back in august, rather than have minor injuries next season too and end career too soon or sth.

On the other hand, is it just me or is 36 yo Drogba still twice stronger than Costa? In duels and air duels, holding the ball, Drogba is still much more balanced and strong. It surprises me because Costa is actualy quite strong himself, but I dont think he is that strong. His agressivnes makes him look a bigger thug lol.