Ex-Blues in europe:

Lukaku: 7 goals, 2 assists

De Bruyne: 5 goals, 4 assists

Ba: 5 goals, 2 assists

Marin: 2 goals, 0 assists

David Luiz: 2 goals, 0 assists

Schurrle: 1 goal, 0 assists

Awful stats to look at!!!!!!

Meh, thinking about it you can flip that the other way and say Costa in the Premier League = 17 league goals in three quarters of a season, which is more league goals than those lot contributed in the entirety of their time here. 18 goals in his first season is already a decent return.

My God, the fickleness here. We Hate Scouse( Dunno, how to add), I don't know to cry or be disappointed. Shameful. People that haven't seen what a pitch looks like try to convince that one of the best strikers isn't good. Really?

I'm totally not saying Costa isn't a good striker. His figures in Europe are just very malignant! Especially in the home leg against PSG it struck me that instead of focussing on goals... he was all about focussing to try and get the opposition out of concentration (eventually being the biggest victim himself of this action!!)

Meh, thinking about it you can flip that the other way and say Costa in the Premier League = 17 league goals in three quarters of a season, which is more league goals than those lot contributed in the entirety of their time here. 18 goals in his first season is already a decent return.

Sure thing... He had a phenomenal start for us and is doing really well in the League!!

I just (also!!) wanted to win the CL... and it's not really helping if our main striker refuses to play along!

If you see other ex-chelsea players shine in Europa at the same time... It's just even more frustrating!!

Bet let's say we just win the EPL and all is forgotten in may :)!!

You raise a good point - Europa League football. Even Torres looked a player at that level! Let's just take those statistics with a pinch of salt! :lol:

I said at the start of the season that all I wanted to win is the League. Nothing has changed. COC is a lovely addition and I'll be doubly joyous if we make it a league and league cup double. Diego has contributed massively to one trophy win (goal in the final) and has contributed even more to our league campaign.

Torres may have netted more in Europe but his performances were still shite.

Most frustrating thing is: Costa => 0 goals in europe, 0 assists

Ex-Blues in europe:

Lukaku: 7 goals, 2 assists

De Bruyne: 5 goals, 4 assists

Ba: 5 goals, 2 assists

Marin: 2 goals, 0 assists

David Luiz: 2 goals, 0 assists

Schurrle: 1 goal, 0 assists

Awful stats to look at!!!!!!

How many did he score against Young Boys?

I'm totally not saying Costa isn't a good striker. His figures in Europe are just very malignant! Especially in the home leg against PSG it struck me that instead of focussing on goals... he was all about focussing to try and get the opposition out of concentration (eventually being the biggest victim himself of this action!!!

Im not saying You did. There is constant criticism from the same members, that I can bet my whole house can't play football. Nevermind. Keep the faith.

We could either have Costa, fired up and winding up defenders and at least making space for his team-mates, or we could have lazy-ass Lukaku who walks around for 90 minutes and scores the odd goal to cover up for the fact he is bang average.

Your choice.

LUKAKU SCORED 5 GOALS AGAINST YOUNG BOYS. MOURINHO IS AN IDIOT FOR LETTING HIM GO.

Again, Costa isn't winding up defenders. At least not anymore. It's now the OTHER WAY ROUND.

Costa doesn't focus on scoring because he's more interested in getting back on the defenders marking him. That has to stop. If Soton are smart, they will try this today.

We didn't win but I just wanted to quote this post. Shameful.