test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

19. Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

8,467 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, nono said:

Drogba was amazing at holding up the ball though and heading too. When Drogba wasn't scoring he'd still be a positive for the team because we could just launch the ball in the air and trust him to knock it down to someone. We can't do that with Diego. Drogba wasn't fighting invisible demons on the pitch for the half the game like Costa does. Drogba was a brilliant header of the ball as well, take for example that goal against Bayern in the final which was basically a goal out of absolutely nothing. He also scored a similar goal against them in the Quarterfinals. Costa missed a simple header two feet out from goal against PSG. They're not the same caliber of player.

Costa used to be much better than what he is now. He could be frustrating but he was never a turnstile for possession like he is nowadays. I don't really know what is up with him but if feels like we're trusting our whole seasons to the whims of a lunatic.

They are very different players. You should have never expected that from Costa; you have to rate the player based on their individual styles. We can only compare what they have in common and it is true they were both streaky goal scorers but it is also true that Drogba was an asset outside of goals.

nono and The Skipper like this

From my player ratings article:

Costa – 3 – a waste of space up front. That mega-money offer from China suddenly looks enticing. More interested in getting into fights than playing football, which is probably a good thing as he looks like a punch-drunk boxer on ice. He can barely string a simple ten-yard pass, and whenever he’s moving with the ball it is a miracle if he doesn’t fall over his own feet. To think he was the outstanding player of the Premier League before Christmas, the Diego Costa of the past month looks like a poor impression of Mateja Kezman. At least Kezman worked for the cause. Pathetic.

Just now, BlueLion. said:

Costa – 3 – a waste of space up front. That mega-money offer from China suddenly looks enticing. More interested in getting into fights than playing football, which is probably a good thing as he looks like a punch-drunk boxer on ice. He can barely string a simple ten-yard pass, and whenever he’s moving with the ball it is a miracle if he doesn’t fall over his own feet. To think he was the outstanding player of the Premier League before Christmas, the Diego Costa of the past month looks like a poor impression of Mateja Kezman. At least Kezman worked for the cause. Pathetic.

lol brutal

BlueLion. likes this

1 minute ago, BlueLion. said:

A 3? Are you serious? You're being way too generous with that score. 

BlueLion. and The Skipper like this

7 minutes ago, Styles said:

Please don't throw around the word great like that. There is nothing great about Costa.

You can say good or whatever but don't build this guy up to be something he clearly isn't.

I'll use the word however I wish to. The fact remains he is a streaky player and every single one of you was up his arse till a few months ago (OMG we have a proper striker post-Torres coital glow). He maybe not what you want in a centre-forward but it is a cold hard fact that over the last five years he has delivered goals to his team, that and his aggression are the only assets he has every had. I think it was everyone else that expected something different from Costa, not me; the writing was on the wall. An overly-emotional petulant centre-forward capable of goals and red cards.

Nobody can act surprised or complain when Chelsea get exactly the player they bought.

BlueLyon and The Skipper like this

7 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

He's making Torres look decent all of a sudden.

kellzfresh and BlueLion. like this

2 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Only saw the final three minutes of the first half in the end so I can't comment.

Judging by the brutal reactions, missing today's game was a blessing in disguise.

Lucky you. I wish I didn't watch either.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

You mean that guy that twisted everyone into a prolapse for nearly five years? Yeah, this is nothing close to Torres.

6 minutes ago, Stats said:

Truly shocking right now. He ruins every move. He has become so lazy as well. Any physical duel he loses, rather than chase the ball down, he throws his arms in the air and complains to the ref. Such a cop out. He lost nearly every single duel today. Conte should have taken him off and brought on Batshuayi. How can you play so shit and be allowed to stay on. Then you people who question Lukaku's decision for leaving rather "than fight for his place". Costa deserves to lose his place based on his performances but he still gets in the team and this is why he probably is not buckling up and improving because he knows he will play. I can guarantee he starts against Spurs too. The whole team were poor today, but he was poor on another level. Hazard must get so frustrated in these lase couple months, virtually carrying the team on his own sometimes only to see Costa ruin the move.

Lukaku has his problems but compared to Costa at the moment he looks like the second coming of Ronaldo Nazario.

kellzfresh and The Skipper like this

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'll use the word however I wish to. The fact remains he is a streaky player and every single one of you was up his arse till a few months ago (OMG we have a proper striker post-Torres coital glow). He maybe not what you want in a centre-forward but it is a cold hard fact that over the last five years he has delivered goals to his team, that and his aggression are the only assets he has every had. I think it was everyone else that expected something different from Costa, not me; the writing was on the wall. An overly-emotional petulant centre-forward capable of goals and red cards.

Nobody can act surprised or complain when Chelsea get exactly the player they bought.

Torres was so bad that when I go back to old Chelsea highlights his missed sitters still pop up frequently. We haven't really had good luck with strikers unfortunately. Costa has been good for us overall but I still feel we should get rid. We got what we bought, but he still seems way worse than how he was at Atletico. He never lost the ball as much or was as unhinged as he is now.

Spike likes this

1 minute ago, nono said:

Torres was so bad that when I go back to old Chelsea highlights his missed sitters still pop up frequently. We haven't really had good luck with strikers unfortunately. Costa has been good for us overall but I still feel we should get rid. We got what we bought, but he still seems way worse than how he was at Atletico. He never lost the ball as much or was as unhinged as he is now.

I agree, Costa should go and Chelsea got 100% what they payed for. No more, no less.Torres was on another level of horrible and people would do well to remember that. Costa is very emotional, I imagine he was better at Madrid because he was happier in Madrid. He probably misses Spanish/Latin culture dearly and can't stand not having an afternoon siesta followed by a midnight fiesta.

Thanks for everything Diego. Time to say goodbye! He was fucking horrific today. Shockingly bad in absolutely everything. Cesc as a false9 would have been a thousand time better option that this turd.

We have beaten Leicester and Bournemouth 3-0 with Hazard-Pedro-Willian and played good attacking football. There is no excuse to continue to play Costa in this form atm.

BlueLion., Tautvix and King11Didier like this

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

I hope guys with comments like you take this as a bit of a joke. 

Or you are being that type of person who when someone does well, you lick their ass and when they do bad, you talk all possible shit about him. 

If Costa isnt happy here, sure sell him. But saying he should be sold because he is crap is arguably one of most idiotic things you can read here. Much like everyone was liking Mou ass when he was here (except towards the end when we had crap results), when chelsea played bunker for ages and people loved it, now suddenly he is at united and the SAME people talk shit about him for same things they praised him when he was a blue. Ridiculous thinking.

The bottom line, people on this forum, sorry including some mods love the players and managers when we win things. The moment we dont or when they play bad, you throw absolutely everything at them. Where is respect? Where is sense of adulthood where nothing is as black and white as people make it seem here? 

Hazard played bad, but he was "marked'. Costa played bad because he is shit? Wait, he is marked with two players every game. Sure he fucks up some actions, but makes up with freekicks etc. He is in shit form, but if teams sold players based on two shit months, lol that would be funny. 

SAME was said about Eden last year. Yet people never learn. I would expect kids to talk shit in this thread, but not adults. Because everyone who watches football for longer time and in this case is true chelsea fan, will not want Diego out after two shit months. Period. Never mind talk all kind of crap after all the games Diego won us. You guys are sometimes unbelievable. 

I would love to see comments if Diego stays and goes back to his best next season. Im sure same people who today forget what Diego did for us, will forget they talked shit about him. I would copypaste the damn thread and show it everytime that same person would start licking their ass after all the insults this season. 

Article by bluelion who definately wasnt joking show everything about the respect we have for the players. Unless he knows personaly that Diego wanted to china, and he is playing intentionaly crap(then all this would be different) but i think he doesnt. 

Media throws some shit on the wall, sheeps buy it. Unfortunely Costa is playing bad and fans take all the blame on him. Mind you that except for Eden there was no one who did well consistently in past months. Kante had very bad games, Luiz had them, Cahill had them, Pedro had them, never mind Matic. Tibo and Azpi were good enough tho. 

Critic is all welcome, but sell him because he is crap, compare him to torres and other nonsense shows the quality of fans. 

Remember that true strenght shows when you are down, not when you are on top. Same goes for football fans. 

Sorry for long post, but shit like after whole team did fuck all today boiled my blood. 

Robguima and Spike like this

3 minutes ago, marflow said:

We have beaten Leicester and Bournemouth 3-0 with Hazard-Pedro-Willian and played good attacking football. There is no excuse to continue to play Costa in this form atm.

I still don't think a strikerless formation is the best way to go. It has its problems and can be easily negated when we play away from home. Hazard isn't comfortable playing as a false 9.  Batshuayi has to start but he's now one of the new untouchables (literally) under Conte, so he won't. 

The Skipper likes this

He was an abomination today and has been for months, pure and simple. 

Tbh it's not even a question of form anymore, it's a question of whether he's making such obviously terrible decisions and mistakes just for us to let him fuck off in the summer. I genuinely believe that is the case. 

One of my few criticisms of Antonio this season has been his man management of Batshuayi. It's really going to bite him in the ass now because not only Batshuayi has never been given a chance despite Costa being absolute shite like this, when he is going to be given a chance he'll suffer from lack of playing time and pressure from fans. The last thing we need is another Ivanovic and Filipe Luis saga. 

The Skipper and kellzfresh like this

10 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I still don't think a strikerless formation is the best way to go. It has its problems and can be easily negated when we play away from home. Hazard isn't comfortable playing as a false 9.  Batshuayi has to start but he's now one of the new untouchables (literally) under Conte, so he won't. 

The idea is that Pedro would be the false 9,  his movement off the ball is superb and he is always looking to get behind the defence.