test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

19. Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

8,467 posts in this topic
15 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

We'd all love to rail against this post and explain why we think it's wrong. My guess is that @BlueLion. would like that as much as any of us but, sadly, we can't because it isn't wrong.

Nah, never really been a fan of people trying to offer counter-arguments... especially when there isn't one, it pains me to say. I love Diego, but he is utter garbage at the moment. He's been pants the last couple of months and sadly his slump in form is alarmingly getting gradually worse. His performance last weekend was laughable... he looked drunk at the best of times. His turn for the first goal was excellent, but everything else he tried to do suggested he was under the influence of some pretty heavy narcotics. Useless. Today was even greater damning evidence. I genuinely hope he gets injured or sent off, because he is wasting otherwise usable oxygen. 

He doesn't even get hauled off when he's shite because I think the management are scared of the reaction. 

Fuck off to China and get your big bucks. Money means more to him than football and this club.

Needs to be the first player to be kicked out in summer...Buy one of Lukaku Morata Belotti...Any one of them is better than this guy

Plus Costa's antics does not suit this club

And some actually thought he was world class. Comparing him to Aguero, Sanchez and other world class strikers. :mouthclosed: He's not better than Lukaku or Kane! Imagine if Costa was English, how he'll get slaughtered for such laugbable technique and awareness. I almost fell into that trap when he's had his moments but deep down I knew he was never truly elite. You can't be world class with such utter lack of decision making, horrid technique, head down completely unaware of surroundings/teammates and tall but wins fuck all in the air. Add to the fact he performs for only half a season. Anelka was a better player and even Kalou up front will have been so much better for us right now. Right now he's literally one of the absolute worst players in the division. The fans stuck by him and sing his name in every game when he was a stamping thug and he repays us with angling for a move to China, disrespecting Conte because he wanted to be subbed off bang in the middle of an unexpected title challenge. Get him out of here. 

nono and kellzfresh like this

Great striker. Questionable reliability; he should only be sold when replaced. Not vice-versa.

24 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He doesn't even get hauled off when he's shite because I think the management are scared of the reaction. 

Fuck off to China and get your big bucks. Money means more to him than football and this club.

What makes me angry is that the team works hard to get him the ball from the back. The whole team's efforts are involved in moving the ball to the striker from the goal keeper, the midfielders to the wingers. He then loses the ball in some poor touch or picking a fight with an opposition player. It's as if he doesn't have a care in the world about the team or his fellow players. Maybe he's switched off because his move to China was blocked ?

If they bench him at this point they're probably thinking it'll really reduce his transfer fee in the summer. Plus my impression of Batshuayi in the small time I've seen him is that he's not a good finisher. I have no doubt in my mind this is his last season for us. We just have to hope we can see this out.

kellzfresh likes this

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Great striker. Questionable reliability; he should only be sold when replaced. Not vice-versa.

I don't think he's a great striker. Some poster on here gave the stats on how streaky he is. It's two different players when he's on a goal scoring streak vs when not. When he isn't scoring he is a negative for the team because of how much he loses the ball.

Styles likes this

1 minute ago, nono said:

What makes me angry is that the team works hard to get him the ball from the back. The whole team's efforts are involved in moving the ball to the striker from the goal keeper, the midfielders to the wingers. He then loses the ball in some poor touch or picking a fight with an opposition player. It's as if he doesn't have a care in the world about the team or his fellow players. Maybe he's switched off because his move to China was blocked ?

If they bench him at this point they're probably thinking it'll really reduce his transfer fee in the summer. Plus my impression of Batshuayi in the small time I've seen him is that he's not a good finisher. I have no doubt in my mind this is his last season for us. We just have to hope we can see this out.

His hold up play has always been shite, today it was shite and the amount of time he squandered possession and also gave them the ball was stupid. He's an accident waiting to happen and he is more dangerous when angry than he is in front of goal.

kellzfresh likes this

1 minute ago, nono said:

I don't think he's a great striker. Some poster on here gave the stats on how streaky he is. It's two different players when he's on a goal scoring streak vs when not. When he isn't scoring he is a negative for the team because of how much he loses the ball.

This is just semantics. Remember I did call his reliability questionable; which is equable to 'streaky' no? Drogba was also very streaky, you cannot forget.

He couldn't even complete the simplest of passes today, I mean it would've been hilarious to watch him today if he weren't playing for CHelsea.

kellzfresh likes this

50 minutes ago, Rekin said:

I dont want this to be seen as a knee-jerk reaction, as this is something that has been in the air for a while on my part.
Costa is a remnant of a Mou-era that I would rather fling as far away as possible from the club I support. A player that is moody, often acting in a disgusting way and completely unreliable. Those things should be enough for him to not be our striker, but the worst part is that he doesnt fit our system at all. Players like Hazard and Pedro need quick and smart passes, not strikers who look like Bambi on ice. 

He can sometimes create a goal out of nothing, but more often than not he stops our attacks, act frustrated and gives away the ball. If we can get what we payed for him, he should in my opinion be let go. One of our weakest links. 

haha: Bambi on ice!

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

This is just semantics. Remember I did call his reliability questionable; which is equable to 'streaky' no? Drogba was also very streaky, you cannot forget.

Drogba was amazing at holding up the ball though and heading too. When Drogba wasn't scoring he'd still be a positive for the team because we could just launch the ball in the air and trust him to knock it down to someone. We can't do that with Diego. Drogba wasn't fighting invisible demons on the pitch for the half the game like Costa does. Drogba was a brilliant header of the ball as well, take for example that goal against Bayern in the final which was basically a goal out of absolutely nothing. He also scored a similar goal against them in the Quarterfinals. Costa missed a simple header two feet out from goal against PSG. They're not the same caliber of player.

Costa used to be much better than what he is now. He could be frustrating but he was never a turnstile for possession like he is nowadays. I don't really know what is up with him but if feels like we're trusting our whole seasons to the whims of a lunatic.

On 4/14/2017 at 9:56 AM, It's too big said:

That's a bit of a downer to hear Costa could stay. It means we will continue to have a inconsistent striker with poor technical abilities. I think he may be a liability when we go up against the big sides in Europe next season. 

I would be a big downer to see him stay because that would mean one full season I'm likely to not watch much football at all and I'm not sure how long it will take to get back into it. Too many insufferable seasons watching Chelsea with inferior lineups to take on another one next season. Need Diego gone.

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Please don't throw around the word great like that. There is nothing great about Costa.

You can say good or whatever but don't build this guy up to be something he clearly isn't.

Irakozium257 likes this

LOL we are definitely not going to win the league next season or win any big trophies with Costa as our main man up front. Conte needs to know this ASAP. Because failing to do that, will probably give him the boot. (No seriously Conte may get sacked if we underperform next season).