test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

19. Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

8,332 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, Tomo said:

When did that happen? :lol:

Terrific was maybe a stretch, but he certainly didn't stumble and fall every time pressure came from behind him. Torres became very good at holding the ball up and distributing it. It was once he was fed the ball and asked to put it in the net when he struggled. He was terrible for us, but he still had decent skills in certain departments. Not saying he is close to the player Diego is now, because he isn't, but he was far and away better at holding the play up and linking up with the midfield.

20 hours ago, The Skipper said:

People forget how bad Fernando was, honestly.

Was there a worse striker in the league? I mean when i look at Gestede for example he is woeful but atleast he has some use as he's good in the air, what did Torres bring?

Peace., The Skipper, DYC. and 1 other like this

17 hours ago, Thor said:

Terrific was maybe a stretch, but he certainly didn't stumble and fall every time pressure came from behind him. Torres became very good at holding the ball up and distributing it. It was once he was fed the ball and asked to put it in the net when he struggled. He was terrible for us, but he still had decent skills in certain departments. Not saying he is close to the player Diego is now, because he isn't, but he was far and away better at holding the play up and linking up with the midfield.

I would say that was more Eto'o than Torres tbh.

Peace., DYC., Barbara and 1 other like this

Still looks like he's off. Won't shut up about Atletico or China. 

He clearly doesn't mind going, I don't understand why he'd be doing interviews like these if he wasn't. Honestly, don't really care if he goes if I'm truthful. Thanks for all the goals and match winners but it doesn't seem like his heart is here and honestly, there are a lot of exciting talents that could probably fill in his presence here and perhaps even do better. 

I do hope we sell him for stupid money to China though. Looks like he's slowly losing his desire this season. We'll hopefully have someone leading the line next season who fills in his boots and more. 

we shall see eh

Chelsea striker Diego Costa 'did everything' to return to Atletico Madrid but warns ex-club they may have missed the chance to get him

• Diego Costa has scored 17 goals to help Chelsea dominate the Premier League
  • But the striker was keen to force a return to former club Atletico Madrid 
  • Costa now says Atletico may have missed their chance to bring him back 

21 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

we shall see eh

Chelsea striker Diego Costa 'did everything' to return to Atletico Madrid but warns ex-club they may have missed the chance to get him

• Diego Costa has scored 17 goals to help Chelsea dominate the Premier League
  • But the striker was keen to force a return to former club Atletico Madrid 
  • Costa now says Atletico may have missed their chance to bring him back 

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/chelsea-diego-costai-did-everything-i-could-to-join-atletico-last-summer-china-never-say-never

In this interview he seems like he's keeping his options open for a move to China 

BoyBlue96 likes this

On 3/16/2017 at 0:04 AM, Special Juan said:

Really do not get the Pogba levels of criticism he's getting and I understand he hasn't been brilliant but seriously.

It is his price tag that cause super high level of expectations. I think he is a world class midfielder but not a 100 M player

I just read Diego's interview where he says he wanted to leave us last year to return to Atletico. I'm happy the club didn't allow him to leave as that would be too easy for him.

Doing fuck all for us during the 15/16 season which results in us ending 10th and missing out on European football and then escaping back to Atletico who are in the UCL. Very happy Conte didn't allow it as that would be ridiculous.

To me, him staying and having a big part in our possible championship feels like he's redeeming himself for that shambolic run last year.

He can leave us this summer. I think it would be for the best. He then leaves as a champion, and not as a coward trough the backdoor. But the interview with him holding his options open for an Atletico-return or a move to China proves yet again that Diego is not loyal to Chelsea or Conte, so yes, we need to sell him coming summer. 

The Skipper likes this

Thanks for the memories Diego.

I'd sacrifice a little bit of efficiency that Diego has (or had) for a way more technical striker that can actually keep the ball and link up with his teammates, but we all know it wont happen, so Lukaku probably will come back and we'll get a player who'll love the club but may struggle to pressure or expectations to fill Diego's boots. Hopefully next season will be as good as this one with Conte having a better squad and therefore an even more sophisticated style of play which allow us to build our strength on wingers and not rely primarily on Costa for the goals.

Seems Diego is offski to China in the summer. Although some people feel otherwise id love Lukaku back to replace him, young proven PL scorer, not the finished package but will still get 20+ a season. Somehow keep Bats as cover with a top class player to go RW (Dreaming of Sanchez) and we'll be fairly set for next season attacking wise.

Unionjack likes this

29 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He's leaving, I have no doubt in my mind.....Get Lukaku.

Hopefully if we do target Lukaku we get that wrapped up and agreed before we sell Diego. They see us sell Costa to China for €100m and they'll jack the price up even more.

Unionjack likes this

34 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He's leaving, I have no doubt in my mind.....Get Lukaku.

I think it will be between lukaku or morata who we will get to replace Costa 

Well, I am not sure if he's leaving or not, but I wouldn't judge him too much after his last statements.

In my opinion, a lot of players think the same but don't have the guts to say it in public. The honest kisses on the badge days are long gone in today's football.

Indeed. When I see a player like Cahill for example kiss or grab and hold out our badge, all I'm seeing is 'Please like me! This is the best club i'll play for, i never want to downgrade!!! Ly guys!!!'. It isn't real at all; at the best of times it's when a player's gone through a really shit period and just wants to celebrate over-passionately when they break a streak.

As for Diego, any player who aims to leave us after 1 underperforming season is judas.

BoyBlue96 likes this

Yet another fraud who'll be leaving us, and yet he'll be 'a scapegoat'; 'it's always someone, who next, Matic?'. Naw. Every player we shit on ends up being allowed if not encouraged to leave, because the manager & his superiors aren't blinded by blue-tint.

Matic, Cahill & Willian are the last of the 'how on earth are they playing for Champions?' club. (One's here for HG, one's not horrific enough for the board to sell considering the circumstance of us repurchasing him, while the other on paper is the perfect squad player.) Perhaps Moses/Alonso will follow, but I think not, they'll know their place if relegated to the bench and still offer a decent bunch.

Thrilled at the prospect of removing bad apples.:drunk:

5 minutes ago, Leif said:

Indeed. When I see a player like Cahill for example kiss or grab and hold out our badge, all I'm seeing is 'Please like me! This is the best club i'll play for, i never want to downgrade!!! Ly guys!!!'. It isn't real at all; at the best of times it's when a player's gone through a really shit period and just wants to celebrate over-passionately when they break a streak.

As for Diego, any player who aims to leave us after 1 underperforming season is judas.

He's already a coward in my eyes for even wanting to leave, but he's redeeming himself  now which is a good thing.

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hopefully if we do target Lukaku we get that wrapped up and agreed before we sell Diego. They see us sell Costa to China for €100m and they'll jack the price up even more.

The noises from Lukaku and now the noises from Costa sound like this may just end up the case where the pieces come together. Of course anything can happen, but I just see Lukaku as the perfect man to move his game forward under Conte, be the loan striker that we need(if that's the plan) and produce great things here. The amounts spoke about for Lukaku are huge, 40-60M upwards depending on where you read but the market is mental we all know that, but the other way the money is huge in China, we get that amount for Costa then we have to pay the asking price for Lukaku if we truly want him.

Unionjack likes this